HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Barrow - 21.08.23 - Match Thoughts

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 22 Aug 2023, 07:47:08 am
Gutted about yesterday, terrible game management cost us that game.   However let's roll on to the next game and hopefully an away win at London.

Online HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 22 Aug 2023, 11:06:53 am
Listened to most games on the Radio all year, and watched both Barrow games on TV.

The one thing Jonty raves on about every post match interview is Game Management, and last night it was ours that let us down.

Thought Ecclestone and Holliday were outstanding, King apart from the try had a quiet game, and their forwards outplayed ours.

The Carter try was highlight of the game, but the 2 points were there for the taking, but we managed to throw it away.

Trying to use Dion as a battering ram is a waste of his talent. Also when you sign a lad (Holroyd) who seems to score tries for fun, you have to get him into your 17.

It could go down to points difference, at the moment we are better off than Swindon and Keighley just, so can’t afford any big defeats.

HW

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 22 Aug 2023, 11:27:07 am
jamie dorans best game for haven by far i was gutted for him at the end. theres more wins in this team lets move on.
born and bred haven.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #18 on: 22 Aug 2023, 01:04:37 pm
Just been looking at all the fixtures of the bottom teams . One more win should see us safe . On paper  for keighley they've only got one winnable game that's barrow at home.  Only barrow seem to have an easy run in can see them winning 4 out of 5

Offline Gerry

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 22 Aug 2023, 03:36:19 pm
Just been looking at all the fixtures of the bottom teams . One more win should see us safe . On paper  for keighley they've only got one winnable game that's barrow at home.  Only barrow seem to have an easy run in can see them winning 4 out of 5
The one thing to remember is that there are no easy games this year so to say Barrow have the easiest run in isn't correct (on paper maybe??)

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 22 Aug 2023, 05:09:08 pm
Owa if it wasn’t for him tonight probably wouldn’t have got near barrow, there be no one else feeling more down than him tonight gotta regroup and go again still long way to go.
Cant believe anyone would blame him for making a mistake late on in the game, especially after the performance he had put in, thought he was M O M, and had barrow on the back foot most of the game, and at 22/22 both teams had run themselves into the ground in a good and typical local derby. 

Offline Barramarra

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 22 Aug 2023, 07:50:46 pm
The one thing to remember is that there are no easy games this year so to say Barrow have the easiest run in isn't correct (on paper maybe??)
Tend to agree with that think we can write this weekend at Toulouse off. All about the games after for us.
the only way is up.

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 23 Aug 2023, 09:02:59 pm
Was hoping you'd do us a favour, especially after Keighley beating Batley.

It's two from five for the dreaded drop. and no easy games for any this weekend, which could possibly be pivotal as to who goes down, when.........

Thunder host the Knights, the Cougars go to Fev, Barrow are across la Manche, you're down the "Smoke" and we have Bradford coming to Heywood Road.

I don't wanna go to Cornwall, and Colwyn Bay next term, as I'm sure you don't, but..............

I can't see any other outcome than it going down to the last day, with fans checking their phones to see what's happening elsewhere, as they chew fingernails whilst watching their own team!

Spelly.
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2023, 09:05:16 pm by spelly »

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 23 Aug 2023, 09:06:07 pm

It's two from five for the dreaded drop. and no easy games for any this weekend, which could possibly be pivotal as to who goes down, as.........

Thunder host the Knights, the Cougars go to Fev, Barrow are across la Manche, you're down the "Smoke" and we have Bradford coming to Heywood Road.

I don't wanna go to Cornwall, and Colwyn Bay next term, as I'm sure you don't, but..............

I can't see any other outcome than it going down to the last day, with fans checking their phones to see what's happening elsewhere, as they chew fingernails whilst watching their own team!

Spelly.

We play our last game against toulouse on the Saturday hopefully we don't have to worry about Sunday results

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #24 on: 23 Aug 2023, 09:18:59 pm

It's two from five for the dreaded drop. and no easy games for any this weekend, which could possibly be pivotal as to who goes down, as.........

Spelly.

We play our last game against toulouse on the Saturday hopefully we don't have to worry about Sunday results

But it'll be a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng  24 hours if you're still in the mix mate!

Spelly.
« Last Edit: 23 Aug 2023, 09:20:45 pm by spelly »