HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Jamie Doran

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 23 Aug 2023, 08:00:01 pm
Whitehaven Rugby League are delighted to announce that Jamie Doran has penned a new one year deal for the 2024 season.

Doran who has made 22 appearances so far in 2023 all in the starting 13 since joining his hometown club ahead of this campaign will continue to wear Chocolate, Blue & Gold once again next season.

Head coach Jonty Gorley spoke of the Doran’s re-signing saying “Jamie was one of a few targets I needed signed up for next year as soon as possible. A local lad that when it's out there he's staying it'll help a few others stay too I think.”

I really do feel that we still haven't consistently seen Jamie at his best, he's shown glimpses and I think that's the best he's been all year against Barrow, he was a constant threat running the ball and that's when Jammer is at his best.

It's now up to me and Jamie to get the best out of him next year. If we do that, I really do feel we'll have one of the best halves in the comp.”
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2023, 08:08:11 pm
Brilliant news. Agree he is class and hopefully just starting to show it a bit more now. Let’s get the others on board who want to stay and fight for our club. Well done Jamie on securing a new deal.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2023, 08:27:14 pm
Congratulations Jamie

Offline haven94

• Haven Immortal
Reply #3 on: 23 Aug 2023, 09:36:44 pm
Great news Jamie
born and bred haven.

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 24 Aug 2023, 01:33:54 pm
Whitehaven Rugby League are delighted to announce that Jamie Doran has penned a new one year deal for the 2024 season.

Doran who has made 22 appearances so far in 2023 all in the starting 13 since joining his hometown club ahead of this campaign will continue to wear Chocolate, Blue & Gold once again next season.

Head coach Jonty Gorley spoke of the Doran’s re-signing saying “Jamie was one of a few targets I needed signed up for next year as soon as possible. A local lad that when it's out there he's staying it'll help a few others stay too I think.”

I really do feel that we still haven't consistently seen Jamie at his best, he's shown glimpses and I think that's the best he's been all year against Barrow, he was a constant threat running the ball and that's when Jammer is at his best.

It's now up to me and Jamie to get the best out of him next year. If we do that, I really do feel we'll have one of the best halves in the comp.”
  After his performance on Monday night showed his class to everyone, he didn't deserve to be on a loosing side.