• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 03 Sep 2023, 04:40:27 pm
Your thoughts…………..
🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2023, 05:10:33 pm
Well the lads gave  there all.  Nothing in it first half but sadly 2nd half pace and fitness showed. They also had that extra bit of sharpness. For us one too many loose passes.  On a better day it could have been a different story.

Sadly Keighley won. We could have done with Barrow doing us a favour . At least Swinton lost . If we’re to stop in the championship we’re going to have to do it the hard way . Really down on numbers with Kingy and Guy out . Batley next week which will be tough. Swinton away could be our cup final

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2023, 05:25:29 pm
Any news on whether we will see Philips, King, Graham, Dixon or Bishop again this season?

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2023, 06:34:26 pm
Listening to the game in Turkey, with massive Penalty Count we had, we just didn’t create enough chances with the possession.

If Keys and Joufrett played us with that possession, we would have won.

HW

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 03 Sep 2023, 07:01:18 pm
Listening to the game in Turkey, with massive Penalty Count we had, we just didn’t create enough chances with the possession.

If Keys and Joufrett played us with that possession, we would have won.

HW

Shame Joufffet left us . He had 2 spells at the club so must have liked the area . Could have done with him today

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2023, 07:11:22 pm
Jouffet was class today, a threat every time he had the goal.
Thought we were good in patches,but they are a good side.
Doran played well again and his kicking game was good today.  Think we imploded after the first half performance.
Hopefully put in a strong performance against Batley and sneak a win.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 03 Sep 2023, 07:26:40 pm
I think we should forget Batley and try and get as many fit players on the pitch as we can at Swinton. It was obvious today that several players were playing for the badge carrying injuries give them a week off to recover and have a good go at Swinton
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2023, 07:31:14 pm
Batley are beatable,and we've been there before and come away with the win.
It's all about playing their pitch, with a good start and a good kicking game it should be winnable.
I agree though that Swinton is our cup final.
If King, Graham, Bishop are out for the rest of the season, and no sign of Dixon and Phillips its gonna be a struggle.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2023, 08:14:54 pm
Fancy toulouse at home as winnable they're guaranteed 2nd spot now whatever happens.  Reckon they'll rest their better players and send a weakened team over with playoffs being week later

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #9 on: 03 Sep 2023, 08:16:07 pm
Well the lads gave  there all.  Nothing in it first half but sadly 2nd half pace and fitness showed. They also had that extra bit of sharpness. For us one too many loose passes.  On a better day it could have been a different story.

Sadly Keighley won. We could have done with Barrow doing us a favour . At least Swinton lost . If we’re to stop in the championship we’re going to have to do it the hard way . Really down on numbers with Kingy and Guy out . Batley next week which will be tough. Swinton away could be our cup final

Ours too mate, along with Barrow away next week!

Four tries each today against York, but their five from five with the boot, to our three from four proved the diff, and in my (biased) eyes we were worth a draw at least, but c'est la vie!

Spelly.

Offline gmc66

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 04 Sep 2023, 03:57:30 pm
tough watching yesterday went in 6-4 down at HT and every chance of winning...so i thought..how wrong was i  :uhoh:
second half just didnt look at getting back in the game, barrow losing makes it even tougher for us now..people saying we can turn over all 3 teams we have left to play..i honestly thought yesterday was a very winable game...gonna be really tough and we now watching everyone below us week on week.
heard bishops off to keighley if true it angers me all the support he has had over 2 year at haven playing probaby 6 games in that time so probably best off the books.. no dixon aagain yesterday, again summat not right there so can only assume another on the long injury list, we cant manage on a shoestring squad so heres hoping we survive, get some new sponsors and directors and go into next year in a better state than we have been in this season

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 04 Sep 2023, 08:54:16 pm
To be fair to Bishop he's looks like a fantastic player when fit but far too injury prone.

Kings the one we miss most. Different team without him on the pitch.