HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Swinton v Haven 17.09.23 - Match Reaction

Offline spelly

• Academy Signing
Reply #15 on: 17 Sep 2023, 07:45:25 pm
I believe its worked our as %age, its not just Points Difference.

HW

That's what I was told today.

Naturally, unlike other members of this board, I was (still am) delighted with the result, and it all goes down to next weekend to see who joins Thunder below that dreaded dotted line.

Your discipline was poor this afternoon, which certainly didn't help your cause.

Fortunately for both of us, 'Fax did the biz on Keighley, meaning it's still sooooooooooooooooooo close at the wrong end the middle tier.

Spelly.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #16 on: 17 Sep 2023, 08:14:46 pm
I’m gutted for the club but we have to face facts the performances have not been good enough this year we have lost far too many games we could have won it’s a harsh reality but that reality is we aren’t good enough for this league we have had a 6 game run to try and get out of this position and failed in everyone of them so this proves to me we have to face the reality of league 1 the table doesn’t lie sadly but our performances all year have been shambolic bar a couple of good wins

Worse thing is we've only won one game less than last year.  Town down with a pitiful 2 points last year dewsbury 7 . Someone's gonna go down with 16 or 18 points this year been very competitive

Offline Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #17 on: 18 Sep 2023, 12:50:22 am
Oh well

Your thoughts?
Listened to the 1st half in an airhotelnin sunny Greece and though the guys have this under control, good defense,building press and not trying  to score at every play but taking their chances when they were available. Got through security  and looked  a the score in disbelief. Beaten by a point,unless a miracle happens  looks like we are playing in the Sunday pub league  with the jam next year which means smaller  crowds less income for the club and the spiral downwards  into oblivion  continues.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 18 Sep 2023, 08:23:36 am
I agree we’ve not been good enough . Last year we’d have been well safe but this year everyone has been beating each other . We’ve lost too many games from winnable positions.

That said I still think we can survive . It couldn’t be closer . Luckily London and Fax are still scrapping for 6th spot so both sides will be going big guns to win . I can’t see either Swinton or Keighley winning . It’s going to go down who loses by the most points . Toulouse will be tough but I’m hoping they fetch a weakened side keeping players fresh for the playoffs. If we do lose we need to keep the score as low as possible. Then it’s squeaky bum time . We’ll be cheering on Fax and Broncos  hoping they score loads of tries. Couple of weeks ago some were booing Walmsley. Let’s hope he gets a double hat trick on Sunday . Just a pity we have to wait 24hrs 😀😀
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2023, 08:27:28 am by whitehavenRLforever »

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Reply #19 on: 18 Sep 2023, 09:39:30 am
So if and it’s a big BIG IF we stay in this league who are the players signed up for next season? and are they good enough? as some have shown they are not at championship level. Yes I understand we have had a tumultuous year with £ etc but if we do stay in the championship something has to change.

1. Our trading always starts later than other clubs.
2. Our fitness levels are somewhat below other teams similar to us.
3. Our game plane and game management leaves a lot to be desired at the level?

And lastly we have not had the impact players who can change a game as of past seasons.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 18 Sep 2023, 12:07:19 pm
Think this a question for after Saturdays game imo

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 18 Sep 2023, 12:12:21 pm
I'm hopeful of a decent result on sat within 20 points would be great if we can't get the win, hopefully that will be enough.

If we did go down to league 1:

What happens to Doran and King who have already signed, have they signed on the basis we are in the Championship or have they contract clauses?

The potential sponsors coming in will what league we are in matter to them? Will they still be on-board?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #22 on: 18 Sep 2023, 12:59:05 pm
So if and it’s a big BIG IF we stay in this league who are the players signed up for next season? and are they good enough? as some have shown they are not at championship level. Yes I understand we have had a tumultuous year with £ etc but if we do stay in the championship something has to change.

One of the main things I’ve noticed every year we always start pre season atleast 2-3 week behind everyone else in this league u need to be up to speed sap

And lastly we have not had the impact players who can change a game as of past seasons.

Offline spacecake

• Haven Legend
Reply #23 on: 18 Sep 2023, 01:07:21 pm

3 aussies by all accounts for next season

Offline davo5

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 18 Sep 2023, 02:32:21 pm
I’m gutted for the club but we have to face facts the performances have not been good enough this year we have lost far too many games we could have won it’s a harsh reality but that reality is we aren’t good enough for this league we have had a 6 game run to try and get out of this position and failed in everyone of them so this proves to me we have to face the reality of league 1 the table doesn’t lie sadly but our performances all year have been shambolic bar a couple of good wins

Paying the price of the off field shambles at the start of the year which left only a handful of players having a proper preseason then  the mid season meltdown which seems to have deflated the squad.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #25 on: 18 Sep 2023, 05:32:37 pm
Jonty nailed it “ we’re not good enough “ No shame we can’t compete with money side of it. It’s unfair but the RFL are corrupt. Got to be demoralising being in relegation battles all the time, it’s meant to be enjoyable a bet the lads don’t enjoy it. We go Down we go down we will still be all there on the terraces next year. One big league has to be way forward going forward after next year giving teams enough home games to be financially viable. We want the best locals to sign but it’s got to be unattractive getting walloped Sundays and giving there weekends up. Summats gotta change for everyone.