• Haven Immortal
on: 18 Feb 2024, 04:37:59 pm
Your Thoughts.............

🤎💙💛 Whitehaven RLFC 🤎💙💛

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 18 Feb 2024, 04:46:16 pm

Would say Haven deserved it (just) for their 2nd half display, but considering the money they've spent on putting that squad together they looked way off a championship team for long periods.

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 18 Feb 2024, 04:54:11 pm
Sounded like we were all over the place in first half.
Defensively sounds like we need a bit of work.

Was Gebbie injured? Peter Smith was slating him on the radio saying he was interested in taking the ball after kicks, sitting back waiting for the ball to bounce!

Few questions for me, why not start Graham and Dion?  Two powerhouses in attack and solid in defense, start the game off on the right foot rather than fetching them on trying to change the game when we are on the back foot.

Hopefully some more improvement for Ike game.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 18 Feb 2024, 05:35:29 pm
For me that is simply not good enough . Play like that it’s Ch1 for sure . We keep hearing how training is going well and everyone is working hard but is it  ??. Clearly there not doing enough . Don’t want to sound to pessimistic but dark clouds lie ahead .

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 18 Feb 2024, 05:46:59 pm
For me that is simply not good enough . Play like that it’s Ch1 for sure . We keep hearing how training is going well and everyone is working hard but is it  ??. Clearly there not doing enough . Don’t want to sound to pessimistic but dark clouds lie ahead .

I think there's a good team in there somewhere.
Need to remember you've had a pretty big turnover of players, some who are still settling into the country not just a new team.
Still another month before the real stuff begins.

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2024, 05:48:53 pm
Poor poor nothing positive to take from that they played out their skins and we still won playing shocking bad first time I was gonna leave the ground after 20 mins we just had no go we look weak In the middle and need a forward or two but need to be 100x better for the next game

Online Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2024, 07:04:56 pm

Was going to go through but didn't  decided to listen on the radio. 1st half summary ABYSMAL so switched  off and relied  on Mrs. H's score updates. Was looking forward to this season  with some good expectations ( unusual for a Haven supporter ) but after today's  performance  that's replaced by trepidation. We won but coaches have an uphill struggle and some players need to look hard in the mirror !

Mod Edit:  Absolutely no need to call anyone yobs - edited
« Last Edit: 18 Feb 2024, 07:19:05 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »

Online Mk1

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 20 Feb 2024, 01:26:31 pm

Was going to go through but didn't  decided to listen on the radio. 1st half summary ABYSMAL so switched  off and relied  on Mrs. H's score updates. Was looking forward to this season  with some good expectations ( unusual for a Haven supporter ) but after today's  performance  that's replaced by trepidation. We won but coaches have an uphill struggle and some players need to look hard in the mirror !

Mod Edit:  Absolutely no need to call anyone yobs - edited

Posted on here twice the reason why I didn't go through to the game and mods deleted both posts., obviously  didn't  like me posting the truth and my opinion so they'd  rather save the feelings so called "Real" Supporters at Town rather than the concerns of real Haven supporters.

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 21 Feb 2024, 10:40:58 am
Has anyone any insight as to why the last Haven try was disallowed ?

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 21 Feb 2024, 10:55:56 am
Apparently the pass before the try was forward pal

Offline meesterC

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 21 Feb 2024, 12:34:55 pm
I'd have had that down as a flat pass but not forward.