HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Town v Haven (Ike Trophy Game) - 03.03.24 - Match Reaction

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Surely we can’t be having money problems after what happened last season . The ones running our club should have done the maths so we don’t end up like last season .  Personally I think it’s daft rumours being generated by so called fans upset with results

As for today we shouldn’t get beat by a lower ranked club when 16 up . Another yellow card . When is Jonty going to get the message across.

Offline Brow Lad

• Top Try Scorer
Wishful thinking am afraid mate 😂

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
Absolutely shocking today and it does not bode well for this season, Jonty will be a stuck record again.

Offline oh worky worky

• Academy Signing
Town take the spoils with the Ike Southward Trophy win

Your thoughts..........
Delighted... :tip: :D

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Town take the spoils with the Ike Southward Trophy win

Your thoughts..........
Delighted... :tip: :D

Enjoy Cornwall

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
Absolutely shocking today and it does not bode well for this season, Jonty will be a stuck record again.
It has nothing to do with Jonty, he never gave any penalty's away, and he never dropped any balls.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
It has nothing to do with Jonty, he never gave any penalty's away, and he never dropped any balls.

Correct but he is the one every week watching the same mistakes and saying repeatedly about completion, penalties, choice of game play and positioning and line speed and yet we still see the same old situations every game so far as per last season. So unless we improve our season is going to be a mare against Champ clubs who seem to manage better. 

Offline Biffer

• Academy Star
After the first game I thought Haven had the makings of a decent team, but today I thought they looked uninterested and their body language was very poor once they were behind.
Thought Jammer and Dion were by far your best but the rest were way off for large parts

Offline Haven83

• Academy Star
It doesn't help when our captain is sitting on the bench for the first 20mins or so (even though we had a good start).   Who is the voice on the pitch?

Think we have to start with dion and Graham to do some damage from the off.

Hope this talk of financial problems are just people talking crap, otherwise we haven't learned from last year, given that we knew we only had 1 home game before the start of the season, I would imagine that it's just people talking crap!

Offline CUMBRIAN BOY

• First Team Regular
It doesn't help when our captain is sitting on the bench for the first 20mins or so (even though we had a good start).   Who is the voice on the pitch?

Think we have to start with dion and Graham to do some damage from the off.

Hope this talk of financial problems are just people talking crap, otherwise we haven't learned from last year, given that we knew we only had 1 home game before the start of the season, I would imagine that it's just people talking crap!
Sadly it isn't crap and the players are talking openly about it.

Offline Bishop Desmond

• Academy Signing
Bad enough as the result is, to hear about yet more money problems is really sad. And this is before a league game has been played, this club is becoming an embarrassment.

Offline Steven DeMont

• First Team Regular
If the club are struggling to pay players again then it could be curtains.

After the money that was injected into the club I'd question who is responsible for player contracts and balancing the books.

The BOD need to make a statement on this now.

Offline Mirehouselegend

• Fans Favourite
Sadly if the money problems are haunting us again then why can’t the chairman give us an update. If they need help then why not ask. I’m sure there are plenty of loyal fans who would put in some hard earned cash again to keep this club going if need be. We have so many different fan groups why can’t we just have one and come up with a plan to bring money into our beloved club.on a monthly basis. Probably isn’t that hard to do surely.  I know we have 4 home games coming up so we need to push it out to fans who sit at home and get them all back to games. Visit schools with free tickets etc etc.

Offline lastmanstanding

• First Team Backup
So no post match interview with Jonty after a shocking display, maybe he is lost for words or just doesn’t want to sound like a stuck record again ?

Offline Bearintown

• Academy Signing
So no post match interview with Jonty after a shocking display, maybe he is lost for words or just doesn’t want to sound like a stuck record again ?

Interview from John Walsh with Jonty and Muzza on Cumbria Crack