HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Fletch?

Offline recre06

• Academy Signing
on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:39:33 pm
Just wondering if fletcher is back this week?

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2007, 09:56:54 pm
if not this week deffo against cas

Offline recre06

• Academy Signing
Reply #2 on: 30 Jul 2007, 11:19:50 pm
if not this week deffo against cas
u rekon he will b in?

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 30 Jul 2007, 11:44:27 pm
in a word YES   ;D

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 31 Jul 2007, 12:03:13 am
He's gotta start if fit.

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 31 Jul 2007, 11:50:00 am
rumour at work is fletch has a worse problem than first thought and maybe out for a while
longer
does anyone know if this is true?

popularsider

Reply #6 on: 31 Jul 2007, 12:41:43 pm
fletch wil be fit for cas deffo, batley he is a doubt

considering fletch had been playing with the injury for a month before the final the lad did well

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #7 on: 31 Jul 2007, 01:28:02 pm
fletch wil be fit for cas deffo, batley he is a doubt

considering fletch had been playing with the injury for a month before the final the lad did well

yeh he has done well
I hope he recovers quick
as he is class !!!
 :)

Offline willo18

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 31 Jul 2007, 02:37:47 pm
hopefull he will  be back this week. he is hoping to negitiate for next season but  ive heard rumours that widnes ans salford are wanting him, there are more players off contract then on were do the board start? should have most signed up by now not long till end of season.

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 31 Jul 2007, 02:54:20 pm
fletch is signed up for next season signed an 2 year deal with us  ;) i cant see him leaving for along time bought a house up here got a job and his family seem settled

Whitehaven RLFC today announced the signing of Richard Fletcher, a twenty five year old front/back row forward.

Richard signed professional in 1996 for Hull FC and played for them in Super League until 2004. He signed for Castleford Tigers in 2005 and was part of the team that won promotion for Cas back into SL. He played for Castleford last season making 18 appearances for them in Super League.

The strong running forward, who is also a goal kicker, has signed a two year deal with Haven.

« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2007, 02:56:36 pm by popularsider »

Offline willo18

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 01 Aug 2007, 10:12:52 am
the second year is negotiable on both sides. fact the other clubs could buy out his contract :'(.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 01 Aug 2007, 12:55:24 pm
Firstly  I  wouldn't  risk  him  against Batley  even  if  he  is  fit.

Secondly  he  appears  settled  up  here  and  I  believe  his  kid  is  in  a  local  school  so  things  like  that  could  tie  a  player  down.

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 01 Aug 2007, 12:56:58 pm
And you have seen the terms of Fletchers contract have you get real and stop posting rubbish.

Offline Brad Lofthouse

• Academy Signing
  • the away kit
Reply #13 on: 01 Aug 2007, 01:56:50 pm
fletchshould be fitbecause he it alway ready to get up and score try'sbut will Dave risk it?? ???
When I was just a little boy , I asked my mother what ill i be?
Will I be haven , will I be town?
Here's what she said to me:
Go get your fathers gun , and shoot all the townie scum!
Shoot all the jam eatin scum...

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 01 Aug 2007, 02:51:26 pm
If Fletch is not 100% I would rest him for this week as I think we will be too strong for Batley without him. Also Baldwin did a good enough job last week on debut (started well but tired towards the end a bit, but kept going. Good on ya Simon ;D)

As for Fletcher and next year.

I have no idea about his contract, but one thing I do know is that if we are able to get players of Fletchers class to come and play for us (and move up to the town with his family) then the BOD should be busting a gut in order to offer him a package that he cannot refuse in order to stay, not everything is always about money (house, job, family, friendly club, good lifestyle). Haven is a friendly family club and this can sometimes work in our favour when attracting players or when getting players to stay.