HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

scrap the u21

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
on: 04 Aug 2007, 01:33:39 pm
i personaly feel we could save money  by getting rid of the 21s side it costs a lot of money in players and buses . We dont see the benifit of the side either because dr has rarely used the u21 players and last week derry and flaper got droped but got told to have the weekend off so they acadamy traveld with 13 players and the trainer. We have loads of a acadamy lads signed on and a few thats packed in but is it worth the money. I would keep the best couple for next year and loan them to places like towm barrow to keep them fit and for all the money we still have a realy poor team sorry to say it.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #1 on: 04 Aug 2007, 01:55:02 pm
of course an under 21 squad is worth having,,its purpose is not to win the league they're playing in,(but to be competative),its to bring on young players in fitness and skill levels,,todays team playing at swinton have a few missing, but DR has sent down a strong squad, mark jacko--derry eilbeck--scott teare--  scott mcavoy are all playing today,,hopeully the younger players,,will enjoy the game with some experianced players along side them in the team,,,,i predict a good win today for the lads :)

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 04 Aug 2007, 02:44:42 pm
An  U21  side  is  a  must.  Infact  I  think  its  one  of  the  criteria  that  we  have  a  junior  side. Hopefully  in  a year  or  2  some  will  be  pushing  for  1st  team  spots.

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #3 on: 04 Aug 2007, 04:24:13 pm
exactly marra

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 04 Aug 2007, 04:47:32 pm
The main problem with the U21s is that they think they should be in the first team.
There's nothing wrong with ambition, but at the moment they're not ready for the step up.
They need to knuckle down and in the future their time will come if they're good enough.

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 04 Aug 2007, 04:51:52 pm
marc jacko
teare
scott macca
craig macca

all played for the u21s today to keep themselves fit

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 04 Aug 2007, 05:10:20 pm
will that not pi*s some of the 21's off as last week when they had 13 DR said derrie and teare were having a break but this week when the 21's have nearly a full squad to pick from he decides some people wont get a game as he wants some first teamers playing
haven till i die

newton

Reply #7 on: 04 Aug 2007, 05:14:01 pm
derry was told last week he was rested then on sat night called him to play on sun with the u21 s how is that resting him he was dropped ,and what for was he playing poorly????? he must wonder how to get back in if you play well and then get dropped why not drop smith we all know he wont be here next but derry might????
« Last Edit: 04 Aug 2007, 05:16:41 pm by newton »

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 04 Aug 2007, 09:13:24 pm
i personaly feel we could save money  by getting rid of the 21s side it costs a lot of money in players and buses . We dont see the benifit of the side either because dr has rarely used the u21 players and last week derry and flaper got droped but got told to have the weekend off so they acadamy traveld with 13 players and the trainer. We have loads of a acadamy lads signed on and a few thats packed in but is it worth the money. I would keep the best couple for next year and loan them to places like towm barrow to keep them fit and for all the money we still have a realy poor team sorry to say it.

ur a fool if u think that marra.

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 05 Aug 2007, 12:00:32 am
so to give tear derry mark jackson 1 run out a year its worth having a u21s team All im saying is we have all these young lads signed on but we still have a poor team not many other teams have as many pros as us but still do better.Some of are best acadamy players are on amature contracts like farrer and amor. Witch players could play first team out of the acadamy this year or next because i dont think theirs many i might be wrong well i hope im wrong

Offline Haven till I Die

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 05 Aug 2007, 07:20:48 am
Its part of the criteria that you have to have an U21's team so it will never be scrapped

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 05 Aug 2007, 05:41:46 pm
so to give tear derry mark jackson 1 run out a year its worth having a u21s team All im saying is we have all these young lads signed on but we still have a poor team not many other teams have as many pros as us but still do better.Some of are best acadamy players are on amature contracts like farrer and amor. Witch players could play first team out of the acadamy this year or next because i dont think theirs many i might be wrong well i hope im wrong

the point of the U21's is to develop local players not play first teamers who havent been picked so tear derrie an jacko playing has nothing to do with it really infact if i was on th 21's i would be a bit ****ed off if these players were getting picked and i wasnt especially seeing as the 21's had 13 players last week and had to play the conditioner no first teamers played that game even though derrie and teare could have
haven till i die

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:55:00 pm
the young players are gaining experiance of playin in a profeesional environment and learning their game. i completely disagree if anything i think more money should go into the under 21s and we should use it more. our geography is sometimes our disadvantage interms of bringin in big players but we should use it to our advantage as we have a huge catchment of players that we could bring through a strong youth set up
more money for the under 21s i say

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 05 Aug 2007, 10:59:17 pm
Cumbria 1 don't be so stupid if no side had an academy where would the future of any team come from, having an under 21s side ensures the club has some good players for the future, i admit not every player that play under 21s will make it but there are a good few who stand out in that squad, Craig Benson, Craig McAvoy, Bamber and fordy who could all be 1st team players next season.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #14 on: 06 Aug 2007, 08:52:48 am
when the u21 played fax , fax had 6 first team regulars playing for the u21
THE MULLET IS BACK