HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven v Batley - your thoughts

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #15 on: 05 Aug 2007, 07:14:42 pm
200 family of 4  tickets have been  provided by COOP sponsors for every Televised game...the club are giving nothing away

I could have swore I saw in the Whitehaven news they were given 800 tickets away to the first to phone in for them, plus a extra 400 to schools, I must be going mads. No body else see this in the paper?

Well technically the club are giving away the tickets, but at NO cost to them, the COOP are paying each club to give away the 800 tickets.

TW

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #16 on: 05 Aug 2007, 07:17:26 pm
200 family of 4  tickets have been  provided by COOP sponsors for every Televised game...the club are giving nothing away

I could have swore I saw in the Whitehaven news they were given 800 tickets away to the first to phone in for them, plus a extra 400 to schools, I must be going mads. No body else see this in the paper?

think they are giving away tickets to make the crowd look bigger on tele like every other club has been doing
haven till i die

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #17 on: 05 Aug 2007, 07:26:27 pm
Well a win is a win as they say.  But that's all it was - a win.  Far from convincing but that could be due to the team having one eye on the upcoming game on Thursday.

As has been said, our defence on the whole was good - attack - well thats a different matter.  A few good training sessions this week to tighten up a very well established defence and a decent amount of work on attack.

Having said that, it needs some go forward to compete with Castleford later in the week, because if we play like today, we have another Blackpool scenario on the cards.  We just just seem to lacking in all areas and tighten up on those will make for a good match come Thursday.

A fairish crowd today considering the F1 and the Community Shield on the TV. 

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

popularsider

Reply #18 on: 05 Aug 2007, 07:41:15 pm
i think we raise are game when it matters at home against the big teams

ie 2004 vs leigh and halifax
2005 vs cas and hull kr
2006 vs hull kr fax and leigh
2007 vs halifax

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #19 on: 05 Aug 2007, 08:37:57 pm
I think it was a good effort but after hearing rob had changed and was playing tip top form i was disapointed to see he was just the same !!!! lets hope he changes again for cas on thursday !!
imo we need to stop flinging the ball out on the wing ALL the time , we get dragged in touch to many times. I know we score off doing that , but sometimes we fling it out when we dont need to  does anybody else agree ???

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #20 on: 05 Aug 2007, 09:35:44 pm
good game today but at times i fote that batley cud have won it !!, ref as usual was rubbish  >:(
we need to step up the pase on thursda for the big one cos if we dont well get thrashed  :o  think that derrie should come in for jacko because he had an awful game and hopefully the bull will be back aswell :) 

come on haven lets prove what you can do in front of the cameras and everyone get down to support the lads !!!!!!
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 06 Aug 2007, 12:30:31 am
Another win under the belt! I am sure the lads will do a good job on the night!

The SL and NRL both give tickets away to mid week style games. It is an exercise to bring people that normal would not go to a mid week night game and show them what it is like. It also fills the holes in the stands etc for TV! ;D

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 06 Aug 2007, 01:45:12 pm
A run of the mill performance with the cas match on the players minds.
Looked as if the main thing was to get the win without getting any injuries and without using too much energy.

Don't know why Dawber disallowed Duffy's try - could've turned the match as Batley scored nearly straight after it.
Sicey needs to stop kicking so much.
Defence was good again, but lacking ideas in attack as usual this season.

Definitely missed Bull.
We were only playing with one recognised prop. Hill, Baldwin and Wright can do a job as back up, but are all really second rows.

Offline rachxhaven

• Academy Signing
  • ROB JACKSON!
Reply #23 on: 06 Aug 2007, 06:20:46 pm
i think it was a ok game i've got to admit that jacko wasent puttin a lot of effort in 2 drops wen passen

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #24 on: 07 Aug 2007, 09:23:16 am
sice was kicking because he was getting the ball on 5th tackle

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 07 Aug 2007, 11:48:02 am
Frankly. our Attack wise is not worth a mention compared to Widnes and Castleford who piled on points week in and week out. Their scoring points average is huge compared to Whitehaven.  :-\ :-\

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 07 Aug 2007, 04:22:32 pm
We've just got to hope that our defence is good enough to stifle their attack.