HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

this and that

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:18:34 pm
why is it when me and everyone around me can see that batley are going for a short kick off, or a quick tap.Our players dont seem to think about this and try to cover that option in defence, this will catch us out big style one day

at half time the stewards came over to near where we were standing and said the lines man had reported to them haven fans were making racist remarks about the black guy who was playing for batley, calling him bruno

it was very funny when the stewards were told that it was the batley fans shouting this(which they admitted) as this is his nick name and everyone calls him it

pity the linesman was not as quick with some of the spoiling tactics used by batley
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:21:34 pm
so calling a black fella bruno is racist now? the worlds gone pc mad

• Haven Legend
Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2007, 06:48:20 pm

apparently, if you looked like brad pitt and people called you brad would that be racist cause your white

i think the stewards did see the funny side of it though
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 06 Aug 2007, 12:30:35 pm
idiot

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #4 on: 06 Aug 2007, 05:09:01 pm
idiot

muppet

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 06 Aug 2007, 05:12:36 pm

apparently, if you looked like brad pitt and people called you brad would that be racist cause your white

[/quote]

if i looked like brad pitt i wouldn't give a toss what people called me  :D

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 06 Aug 2007, 11:24:42 pm
idiot

muppet
Yep, confirms it.

You don't seem to understand why calling a black person "Bruno" is racist?  Well, essentially you're calling the guy out on his skin colour with suck a remark, which sort of comes under the definition of "racism".

When you look at the history of racism against black people - the oppression, the discrimination, the abuse based on skin colour - it is clear that more sensitivity is needed when making such remarks, moreso than what would be needed if making the link between white people and celebrities.

If the guy is ok with being called "Bruno", then fair enough, but the linesman obviously didn't know this and therefore had legitimate reasons to make the complaint.  To use this as an excuse to inarticulately express your bigotry gives me good ground for calling you an "idiot", as it is an idiot who prioritises the need to utter that "It's PC gone mad" cliche above the need to actually consider the issue at hand.

I await your explanation for calling me a "muppet".

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 07 Aug 2007, 12:14:22 am
idiot

muppet
Yep, confirms it.

You don't seem to understand why calling a black person "Bruno" is racist?  Well, essentially you're calling the guy out on his skin colour with suck a remark, which sort of comes under the definition of "racism".

When you look at the history of racism against black people - the oppression, the discrimination, the abuse based on skin colour - it is clear that more sensitivity is needed when making such remarks, moreso than what would be needed if making the link between white people and celebrities.

If the guy is ok with being called "Bruno", then fair enough, but the linesman obviously didn't know this and therefore had legitimate reasons to make the complaint.  To use this as an excuse to inarticulately express your bigotry gives me good ground for calling you an "idiot", as it is an idiot who prioritises the need to utter that "It's PC gone mad" cliche above the need to actually consider the issue at hand.

I await your explanation for calling me a "muppet".

sorry but you are wrong the reason he is called bruno is  cause thats his nickname as he looks like frank bruno , not racist at all the fact he is black is not the issue its that he looks like bruno   get it

not racist by any means and that was from the batley fans

by your reckoning if your black and look like tiger woods and your mates call you tiger then they are being racist, get real
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 07 Aug 2007, 01:40:08 pm
If you really want to get into an argument about what is racist and what isn't you should bear in mind that "Black" is considered racist by some .........

Racism : is a belief or concept that differences in physical appearance between people (such as those upon which the concept of race is based) determine cultural or individual achievement, and may involve the idea that one's own 'race' is superior.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #9 on: 07 Aug 2007, 02:08:49 pm

if i looked like brad pitt i wouldn't give a toss what people called me  :D
[/quote]

I DO & I DON'T  ;) ;D

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 07 Aug 2007, 03:25:13 pm
sorry but you are wrong the reason he is called bruno is  cause thats his nickname as he looks like frank bruno , not racist at all the fact he is black is not the issue its that he looks like bruno   get it

not racist by any means and that was from the batley fans

by your reckoning if your black and look like tiger woods and your mates call you tiger then they are being racist, get real
He didn't look like Frank Bruno though.