HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

have cas bust the salary cap?

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
on: 09 Aug 2007, 05:12:43 pm
just been reading on cas site that they have had 2 meetings with the rfl about the 2006 salary cap. seems to me that they might be in breach and if so what will their punishment be?
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Beth

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 10 Aug 2007, 12:34:30 pm
WTF! They were discussing the salary cap from 2006, because Wigan cheated in that year.  ::) Where have you ben for the past three weeks?

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 10 Aug 2007, 12:43:11 pm
and how can cas complain they did break the cap in 2005 with a minor infringement so techinically speaking we could take the fords t court

Offline Beth

• Academy Signing
Reply #3 on: 10 Aug 2007, 12:46:01 pm
and how can cas complain they did break the cap in 2005 with a minor infringement so techinically speaking we could take the fords t court

Im not even going to bother.  ::)

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #4 on: 10 Aug 2007, 12:47:57 pm
good  :D
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #5 on: 10 Aug 2007, 12:50:40 pm
Exaclty the point though they cant complain at wigan when they done it to us !
had to laugh though somebody had made a banner saying wigan are cheats or something like that    :D

popularsider

Reply #6 on: 10 Aug 2007, 01:10:16 pm
just for you beth  ;)

Castleford Tigers escaped with a warning from the RFL after also
breaching the ?400,000 cap in League One last year, when they earned
promotion to Super League after beating Whitehaven in the Grand
Final.
Cas said they "marginally" overspent on the cap last term, chief
executive Richard Wright adding: "Every effort is made by the club
to keep within the cap and last year was no exception.
"Each year the club spends as much as it can within the limit of the
cap but we are always going to be close to the line. I believe that
the RFL realised that there was no intention on our part to breach
the rules."
The Tigers and Wakefield Trinity Wildcats were found guilty of a breach of salary cap regulations and cautioned by formal written
warning.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #7 on: 10 Aug 2007, 01:13:11 pm
WTF! They were discussing the salary cap from 2006, because Wigan cheated in that year.  ::) Where have you ben for the past three weeks?
majorca.
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #8 on: 10 Aug 2007, 01:53:32 pm
Wonder who they will complain to if they have breached the salary cap this year ?

I still wonder how any team can run a full time professional squad on ?400k a year, do the maths 20 x ?20k is ?400k how many Cas players are on a lot more than ?20k ?? and remember the RL rules say that benefits like car's, accomodation etc etc all count in the salary provision, where is gets murky is when a sponsor pays for them direct.

As for the claims against Wigan I totally agree they are cheats, but the Cas argument is that they should have been deducted the points last season so that they could have stopped up (or something like that) but that was with the deducted points from the previous season too. So by applying the same rule Wigan would have still been 1 point ahead in the league.

What the RL should be doing is looking at the finances of teams now and any team that are close to the cap should be compelled to produce accurate figures before the end of theseason and any miss demenours should be punished then. Any team that does not produce the information in time should be docked points straight away.

Monte2carlo

Reply #9 on: 10 Aug 2007, 02:04:20 pm
But business in brown envelopes in doing well in both widnes and Castleford this year

Monte

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:55:17 pm
and saints
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Monte2carlo

Reply #11 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:52:24 pm
Wiggun should be dropped down to NL2 for the next seasons salary breach regardless of what stevo says

Monte

Guru

Reply #12 on: 10 Aug 2007, 06:30:42 pm
just been reading on cas site that they have had 2 meetings with the rfl about the 2006 salary cap. seems to me that they might be in breach and if so what will their punishment be?
None,now move on,and by the way,a breach of around ?**** by us in 2005 can in no way be likened to the ?222,000 Wigan blatently,not accidentally,went over in 2006,they were over in 2005 and who knows about this season?

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #13 on: 10 Aug 2007, 07:30:39 pm
a rule is a rule if u break it you are in the wrong end of story
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #14 on: 10 Aug 2007, 07:34:07 pm
YES

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"