HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

have cas bust the salary cap?

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 10 Aug 2007, 09:20:26 pm
a rule is a rule if u break it you are in the wrong end of story

Never a truer sentence written on here!!  ;D ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 10 Aug 2007, 09:50:00 pm
just been reading on cas site that they have had 2 meetings with the rfl about the 2006 salary cap. seems to me that they might be in breach and if so what will their punishment be?
None,now move on,and by the way,a breach of around ?**** by us in 2005 can in no way be likened to the ?222,000 Wigan blatently,not accidentally,went over in 2006,they were over in 2005 and who knows about this season?

i wonder if that would stand up in court for all cases?
"sorry your honour, i accidentally sped at 100 mph i didn't blatently mean to!!"
face fact guru your team CHEATED to gain promotion back to SL and by that alone are in no position to complain about wigan!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Guru

Reply #17 on: 10 Aug 2007, 10:02:23 pm
just been reading on cas site that they have had 2 meetings with the rfl about the 2006 salary cap. seems to me that they might be in breach and if so what will their punishment be?
None,now move on,and by the way,a breach of around ?**** by us in 2005 can in no way be likened to the ?222,000 Wigan blatently,not accidentally,went over in 2006,they were over in 2005 and who knows about this season?

i wonder if that would stand up in court for all cases?
"sorry your honour, i accidentally sped at 100 mph i didn't blatently mean to!!"
face fact guru your team CHEATED to gain promotion back to SL and by that alone are in no position to complain about wigan!
,you just don't like the FACT that we were better than you in 2005,we are better than you in 2007 and your club will be stuck in its own little bubble,never progressing and never having the ambition to do so,the fortress rec is no longer,you spend all your time picking faults with other teams rather than getting your own house in order first,I have no problems with Whitehaven whatsoever,but instead of griping about other clubs finances,get yourselves into a position where you can make SL attainable instead of being envious of those that do.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 10 Aug 2007, 10:16:25 pm
mate it isnt whitehaven who are crying about other clubs finances, it isnt us who have letters in the rl papers crying about how hard done to we have been
it isnt whitehaven who have a petition going because we feel hard done to

we are merely sitting back and pointing out to your hypocritical board and fans that wigan weren't the only team to have gained from breaking the salary cap

the day i become envious of anyone from yorkshire i will slit my throat!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Guru

Reply #19 on: 11 Aug 2007, 09:38:50 am
mate it isnt whitehaven who are crying about other clubs finances, it isnt us who have letters in the rl papers crying about how hard done to we have been

we are merely sitting back and pointing out to your hypocritical board and fans that wigan weren't the only team to have gained from breaking the salary cap

We'll agree to disagree then,have a good rest of the season and who knows we may meet again this year. ;)

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #20 on: 11 Aug 2007, 10:52:28 am

We'll agree to disagree then,have a good rest of the season and who knows we may meet again this year. ;)

and next year coz it be widnes that go up. i hope so there supporters where alot more plesent than urs. your barmy army in the kells end didnt watch the game they where too busy being abusive to our fans and stewards and then try to point the finger at haven fans when the police turned up. a disapointment to ur club id say

Guru

Reply #21 on: 11 Aug 2007, 11:49:01 am

and next year coz it be widnes that go up. i hope so there supporters where alot more plesent than urs. your barmy army in the kells end didnt watch the game they where too busy being abusive to our fans and stewards and then try to point the finger at haven fans when the police turned up. a disapointment to ur club id say
Don,t give me that rubbish,I'm middle aged and disabled and trust me when I say that the "younger " element of your fans were an absolute DISGRACE to your club,I was called one or two hurtful names both in the ground ,and then when sat outside McDonalds,myself and two brothers were subjected to abuse and told "call him what you want,he wont catch you he,s a spa**er",and trust me a comment like that hurts,so dont say that cas supporters were a disappointment,look closer to home.

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 11 Aug 2007, 01:09:34 pm
That soon shut everyone up! If the truth be known, most clubs now have their younger element of support ( not all the young 'uns by any means) who behave more like the morons that have ruined soccer ground atmospheres for years. From a West Cumbrian to the person who suffered the abuse, I'm very sorry for the treatment you received on your visit to our part of the country but can I assure you that fellow members of the RL fraternity are usually received and treat in a far friendlier manner. Hope it hasn't put you off returning.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #23 on: 11 Aug 2007, 01:57:59 pm
unfortunately EVERY club, ours included has its bad element, and without trying to tar them all with the same brush, it tends to be the younger ones who are giving their respective clubs a bad name, maybe because they believe that they can stir it up and when it kicks off "the big lads" will step in and save them,
personally i would just stand and watch them receive the hidings their egos deserved!

as for the disgusting ones who abused the cas guy outside mcdonalds, well all you can say about that is they are truly ignorant, perhaps they should stop and think how they would feel if it were they or a member of their own family being abused like that
the reverand, big mac

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 11 Aug 2007, 02:18:47 pm
The youth that people are commenting on are not just related to rugby it is an issue within society as a whole!

The abuse handed out by groups of youngsters/teenages/young men goes across many sports and activities that take place within and throughout our communities each day, so to link groups of individuals to clubs and try to claim that it is the fault/responsibility of the club is not fair. If blame has to given out then you should start with the parents!

Unfortunately these types of incidents are just part and parcel of the society in which we live.

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #25 on: 11 Aug 2007, 02:38:38 pm
absoluteley hit the nail on the head there marra. well said
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #26 on: 11 Aug 2007, 02:45:13 pm
agree totally, my post wasnt intended to mean that it was a RL problem as it is indeed a problem on the whole!
the reverand, big mac

Offline i hate town

• First Team Regular
Reply #27 on: 11 Aug 2007, 02:52:28 pm

Don,t give me that rubbish,I'm middle aged and disabled and trust me when I say that the "younger " element of your fans were an absolute DISGRACE to your club,I was called one or two hurtful names both in the ground ,and then when sat outside McDonalds,myself and two brothers were subjected to abuse and told "call him what you want,he wont catch you he,s a spa**er",and trust me a comment like that hurts,so dont say that cas supporters were a disappointment,look closer to home.

well marra im sorry that that happened to you obv we have similar problems but it dont change anything about ur fans behavior. in that case it both of us and are club needs to do somethink to but hopefull u achknowledge my point as ive done urs instead of dismissing it as 'rubbish'.

as for the youth im 20 and me and my mates go all home games n a few away and dont cause trouble. it soem youth that give us all a bad name.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 11 Aug 2007, 02:56:31 pm
The youth that people are commenting on are not just related to rugby it is an issue within society as a whole!

The abuse handed out by groups of youngsters/teenages/young men goes across many sports and activities that take place within and throughout our communities each day, so to link groups of individuals to clubs and try to claim that it is the fault/responsibility of the club is not fair. If blame has to given out then you should start with the parents!
Unfortunately these types of incidents are just part and parcel of the society in which we live.

you cant always blame the parents marra come on  >:( me and my brother were brought up exactly the same i have never been arrested hardly ever fight(unless somebody else hit me first then i will stand up for myself) and genrally behave quite well on the other hand my brother has been arrested numerous times been at court numerous times and has been in a young offenders institution and my parents brought us up exactly the same as for the people giving abuse outiside mcdonalds, absolute idiots they should be banned from the recre if they do come to matches and should be banned from sporting events and if people are recieving abuse then report it to the stewards at matches or the police when not at matches
haven till i die

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #29 on: 11 Aug 2007, 04:27:14 pm
Please note that I said groups of individuals and made comments about the youngsters in question, I did not tar all young people with the same brush!!!