HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

You can't Knock That !

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
on: 09 Aug 2007, 09:20:55 pm
Which ever way you cut it you cant take any crisisim of that display .  I was proud to follow Whitehaven from a far.

They played superbly , with passion and skill andunbelieable commitment.

We still have Widens to come to the Rec and we could do them .  The guys tonight were aswome . 1 _ 17 were great aggresive, ambitious and toatally committed.  Great to see Rotherham so emotional.

Yes Cas an dwidnes are full tim e and are palying with bigger bidgets the gap is getting bigger but our boys were gREAT!!! 

newton

Reply #1 on: 09 Aug 2007, 09:59:21 pm
well done haven defence was awesome matty never stopped tackling as did joey supberb  however why did we sign baldwin?sicey spirted as ever but we need as 6

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:01:11 pm
ye me and my dad were saying we are a good team but the think that cas and widnes have above uis is a quick skillfull half back not nocking duffy or carl but we do need a quick 6 or 7 with a bit more skill
haven till i die

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:05:02 pm
great effort, what was rotherham doing?

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:06:31 pm
yeah better half backs, great effort tho. Really pleased with the passion shown  :)

Offline Brush

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:20:34 pm
Which ever way you cut it you cant take any crisisim of that display .  I was proud to follow Whitehaven from a far.

We still have Widens to come to the Rec and we could do them .  The guys tonight were aswome . 1 _ 17 were great aggresive, ambitious and toatally committed.  Great to see Rotherham so emotional.

Yes Cas an dwidnes are full tim e and are palying with bigger bidgets the gap is getting bigger but our boys were gREAT!!! 

Whitehaven exploited the fact that Cas face Widness next week which allowed them to play the dirtiest rugby seen this season, knees, kicks to the head and countless high tackles, or as you put it ' aggresive'  yet lost any how. Disgusting display from a dirty also-ran outfit..!
I'm ashamed Cas shook your hands given your clear intentions to hurt as many players as possible......!
Please try to keep your comments to not being allowed to warm-up on the main ground at Cas and the salary cap.............as ever.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #6 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:22:54 pm
Well I have to agree, Tonights performance gave me back some pride in the club. It was an excellent display of rugby by them, but we definitely missed the bull, and Sice showed some of that old magic, Fletcher tackled his heart out, as did Broadbent. My only criticism is Baldwin, he don't run that hard into tackles for me, and why are we trying to use Calvert as a forward, We never use that guy right, Never, But apart from that well done guy's you played a blinder.  ;)

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #7 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:24:02 pm
Here here!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:33:21 pm

Whitehaven exploited the fact that Cas face Widness next week which allowed them to play the dirtiest rugby seen this season, knees, kicks to the head and countless high tackles, or as you put it ' aggresive'  yet lost any how. Disgusting display from a dirty also-ran outfit..!
I'm ashamed Cas shook your hands given your clear intentions to hurt as many players as possible......!
Please try to keep your comments to not being allowed to warm-up on the main ground at Cas and the salary cap.............as ever.

could this not be because most cas fans thought they would come up here and pi*s it? what about danny brough ? this lad cannot take it when something isnt going hes way twice he nearly started a fight i watched it on sky and both times the commentators agrees it was brough who started it numerous high shots from cas( yes there were some from haven) but do you ever see a game of rugby where there arent high tackles? what about one of your players clearly punching a haven player in a tackle near the start of the game yes haven do commit high tackles yes our discipline isnt the best in the league but have a look at how your players played before coming on here with this load of shi* . " Whitehaven exploited the fact that Cas face Widness next week which allowed them to play the dirtiest rugby seen this season" what does this have to do with anything all i have to say to that is cas a professional team who should concentrate on the game they are playing before looking to next week

p.s widnes will walk all over cas  ;D
haven till i die

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #9 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:47:04 pm
Post above (BRUSH) proves he / she is an absolute idiot.

Both teams played it hard, the way RL should be played.  a credit to NL1 and the type of game SKY must have hoped to get from the league coverage throughout the year. (Sadly they have not ... too many one sided displays).

Haven performed well, but were beaten by a better team. We should feel proud of our teams and ignore the pathetic biased comments  of a 'closed mind' from Yorkshire. Well done both teams ...... lets hope there are no more daft yorkshire comments made by the likes of above.

popularsider

Reply #10 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:49:58 pm
widnes wil put 40 on cas, as for "dirty tatics" what about brough running in and throwing punchs at jackson? or did cas fans not see that?

Offline cas lad

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 09 Aug 2007, 10:57:02 pm
You played to your best of your abilty but was never good enough to win to many of your players wanted to beat cas on there own danny brough showed why he is proberly best player in this league tonight and thats why he walked the man of the match you need to face facts cas had 4 of there best players not playing tonight and had 4 or 5 players under the age of 21 playing tonight and still won but it was a very good  old fashsion game of rugby very hard

popularsider

Reply #12 on: 09 Aug 2007, 11:18:03 pm
danny brough is a classy scrum half but i think moran is better, was a brilliant game i enjoyed it tonight

Offline kellshaven1

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 09 Aug 2007, 11:19:38 pm
we will see how good danny brough is against moran sorry moran is the best half back in nl1 for me although brough was the difference tonight nice to see phil clarke in club signing things and getting pics taken.

Offline cas lad

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 09 Aug 2007, 11:24:48 pm
we will see how good danny brough is against moran sorry moran is the best half back in nl1 for me
danny brough will not face moran he will play hooker if you noticed tonight he was hooker for about 60 minutes lupton and thackery will be the halfback with mgoldrick at fullback, lupton and mgoldrick huby and guttenbeill all did not play tonight but will next week