HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

You can't Knock That !

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 10 Aug 2007, 01:21:53 pm
could this not be because most cas fans thought they would come up here and pi*s it? what about danny brough ? this lad cannot take it when something isnt going hes way twice he nearly started a fight i watched it on sky and both times the commentators agrees it was brough who started it numerous high shots from cas( yes there were some from haven) but do you ever see a game of rugby where there arent high tackles? what about one of your players clearly punching a haven player in a tackle near the start of the game yes haven do commit high tackles yes our discipline isnt the best in the league but have a look at how your players played before coming on here with this load of shi* .

Nice to see that you've convieniently ignored the fact that Brough wasnt the first player to throw a push in that tackle. Your Number 4 pulled him off a tackle (which isnt allowed) and threw him to the floor. Brough reacted like any player would. But hey! Dont let that get in the way of your Haven bias!
Oh and watch the last ten minutes again, around the 70th minute one of your players kicks 19yr old Ryan Boyle in the head.

well i didnt see anybody getting kicked neither did the sky cameras or commentators but if it did happen it shouldnt have and haven should get rid off it but what has the fact that boyle is 19 got to do with anything i can see cas fans saying oh the poor lad hes only 19 it doesnt matter how old they are when they are on the rugby field . maden was tackled so jackson pulled brough off so brough decided to punch jackson then when the penalty went against him he was saying to to the linesman but he pulled me off
haven till i die

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #31 on: 10 Aug 2007, 01:25:03 pm
Game last night was probably the most entertaining that there has been on Sky NL1 coverage this season.

Shame on any Cas fans coming on forums complaining about "dirty tactics" etc, basically there were one or two "incidents" high tackles swinging arms and so on FROM BOTH TEAMS the game was played in good spirit generally one or two players spat out the dummy but that is what happens when the pressure is on. Cas fans can site individual occurances and so can we the fact is that the ref (who I thought had a good performance generally) didn't see it that way, it was a very competative hard fought game. Yes Cas won and they were the better side, but it was still close and if one or two decisions had gone our way (the 50/50 stuff that Cas always seem to get the benefit of the doubt at home) then it could have been closer.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #32 on: 10 Aug 2007, 01:58:08 pm
fantastic effort from haven 2night and yes there was a few high tackles from both teams and cas fans are commin on sayin that sumone kicked one of their players well what about wen one of there's scooped rob jackson about 10 ft in the air !!!

i thought that the ref was ok, not the best as they were clearly offside on more than one occasion  :(

for me it was probably the best home game of the season last night and will hopefully prove to people that the national leagues are exciting and that keeping promotion and relegation is a good idea  ;)

well done haven great perfomance 2night , the crowd were behind them all night and the atmosphere was awesome,i was proud to be a haven fan  ;D ;D
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 10 Aug 2007, 01:58:40 pm
we were beaten by a better team and rightly so with the amount of resources a full time club like castleford have. We made them work hard for the win though (i think most cas fans thought they would hammer us), i dont think we could have asked for anymore, each player gave it their all. Both teams defenses were impressive, we just lacked the go forward and and the astute kicking game to win the game. Brough and thackeray, what a pair of gits these two are  ;D

It was great to see jacko giving us a big big lift when he came on. Im not a great fan of his, but i thought he did superb last night, especially with his unorthodox tackling  ;D

« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2007, 02:26:37 pm by Bora18 »

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #34 on: 10 Aug 2007, 02:19:38 pm
Yeh Jacko was smashing through the people and tackling superbly

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 10 Aug 2007, 03:36:47 pm
A top effort from the lads. We're lacking a spark in attack, but then we've known that all year.
There's too many one man drives.
Why do we still have Calvert running the ball in first tackle when the defence is set?
And GB gets involved too much in the middle of the field near the opposition's line, preventing the ball getting wide.

It was a great advert for NL rugby and i don't think many neutrals would be disappointed watching it.
We'll just have to do Cas in the playoffs.......

newlad

Reply #36 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:20:51 pm
First off, great forum, I really enjoy reading through the threads. Gets a bit tasty at times mind
I know nothing about the game tho watched it all my life. Started watching .haven two years ago been to most home matches, not much of an away fan though. Haven have some really useful players but not enough at the mo.
Last night s game, well, defence wise. we were good but so were Castleford. I always felt that after the opening score that the only way we were gonna score again was if Cas made a mistake or a stroke of luck- and I think that?s what happened.
In attack was where I thought there was a real difference.That ball zipped about Castleford ranks like it was red hot, they had real penetration coming forward, and some seriously big lads in their team.
What I noticed the most was the running off the ball and the angles Castleford ran to distract our defence, its to our lads credit that they dealt with it so well. We saw the same thing  with the Catalans and its bloody hard to defend against. However ,this is not what Haven were doing, we were trying to beat them single handed, old style 60s rugby league, power and passion  and walking through walls,but also predictable and little imagination and sorry to disagree Scoreboard,  not much skill. It never really tested the Cas defence
I this is  a real issue-haven have to change the way they play. Whoever stays and who comes in will need to play a more expansive, adventureous and cutting  game.
Thanks

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #37 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:26:21 pm
First off, great forum, I really enjoy reading through the threads. Gets a bit tasty at times mind
I know nothing about the game tho watched it all my life. Started watching .haven two years ago been to most home matches, not much of an away fan though. Haven have some really useful players but not enough at the mo.
Last night s game, well, defence wise. we were good but so were Castleford. I always felt that after the opening score that the only way we were gonna score again was if Cas made a mistake or a stroke of luck- and I think that?s what happened.
In attack was where I thought there was a real difference.That ball zipped about Castleford ranks like it was red hot, they had real penetration coming forward, and some seriously big lads in their team.
What I noticed the most was the running off the ball and the angles Castleford ran to distract our defence, its to our lads credit that they dealt with it so well. We saw the same thing  with the Catalans and its bloody hard to defend against. However ,this is not what Haven were doing, we were trying to beat them single handed, old style 60s rugby league, power and passion  and walking through walls,but also predictable and little imagination and sorry to disagree Scoreboard,  not much skill. It never really tested the Cas defence
I this is  a real issue-haven have to change the way they play. Whoever stays and who comes in will need to play a more expansive, adventureous and cutting  game.
Thanks

great post
haven till i die

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #38 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:30:41 pm
The thing is if you take away the two stupid penalties on last tackle where they scored a converted try and a penalty kick what would the score of been, makes you wonder if we kept our discipline could we of won the match. Im not knocking our performance our defence was 1st class but we do lack that bit of zip in attack.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #39 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:38:48 pm
but if you say that you could easily say what if their winger didnt drop the ball before we scored or if duffys kick hadnt hit the posts we have had poor discipline all season and it wont change in the upcoming games it is something that needs to be adressed for next season
haven till i die

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:53:33 pm
Has it been mentioned anywhere about Duffy being pushed in the back, which created the space for Cas to break through for their third try?
You can't pick it up from the tv pics, but from watching behind the sticks, it was obvious where the gap came from.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #41 on: 10 Aug 2007, 04:59:09 pm
The Haven boys put in an awesome peformance if those 12 silly points weren't given away we would have won the game so you have got to say where cas the better team on the night

DR has got to get down to the dugout except sitting in the stands

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #42 on: 10 Aug 2007, 05:25:57 pm
he can get a better view of what we are doin right and wrong from up in the stand
haven till i die

Guru

Reply #43 on: 10 Aug 2007, 06:35:05 pm
The Haven boys put in an awesome peformance if those 12 silly points weren't given away we would have won the game so you have got to say where cas the better team on the night

Yes .

newlad

Reply #44 on: 10 Aug 2007, 09:51:27 pm
Sorry mate I think they did. Sport is full of ifs and buts so no good going down that road.Basically Cas got theselves a couple of scores ahead and from then on they controlled the game...and they closed it down, just like Catalans.True Haven had alot of possession in the second half, but they did nowt with it.