HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Robbie Paul ?

Guest · 26 · 2035

newton

Reply #15 on: 19 Aug 2007, 09:32:00 pm
what do younot know all the travellers are ona hell of alot more money than locals

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #16 on: 19 Aug 2007, 11:38:27 pm
I think you will find that Robbie Paul is quite comfortable without playing RL as he has stakes in a couple of nightclubs or theme pubs.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline _-HAVEN-_

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 20 Aug 2007, 12:24:32 am
keith could you please stop dragging our hopes down

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #18 on: 20 Aug 2007, 08:06:29 am
Unless you have rose tinted glasses on it is obvious that we are missing a good no 6. If Dewsbury can approach him why can't we surely we are a bigger club than them.

Monte

Totally agree monte that we need a quality 6 but not at the expense of killing the club.
If he's prepared to come for the same money as Trindall then yes sign him up as you are right he will be class in this league.
but if he wants wages above our limits then look for a 6 overseas or look at the prospect of getting the bully Obst back as he may be leaving Wakey.
Plenty of options but they must be within our budget or the club could end up like those up the road.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 20 Aug 2007, 11:56:21 am
keith could you please stop dragging our hopes down

Sorry
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 20 Aug 2007, 10:58:33 pm
Unless you have rose tinted glasses on it is obvious that we are missing a good no 6. If Dewsbury can approach him why can't we surely we are a bigger club than them.

Monte

Totally agree monte that we need a quality 6 but not at the expense of killing the club.
If he's prepared to come for the same money as Trindall then yes sign him up as you are right he will be class in this league.
but if he wants wages above our limits then look for a 6 overseas or look at the prospect of getting the bully Obst back as he may be leaving Wakey.
Plenty of options but they must be within our budget or the club could end up like those up the road.

and, as i have previously stated on this post, sadly why we will NEVER attract players of the quality of a robbie paul, because we are too scared to take a risk, as monte has said the name robbie paul will attract people down to watch, and with possible backing from local business he would be no risk at all

as for your previous post shaver haven

Broadbent- solid as a rock and a match winner -  i'll agree to that one
Calvert- fastest winger in the league bar none - wasted under coach rotherhams negative tactics
Duffy- top class scrum half who crowds love to see in top flight - can do better
Sice- matchwinner matchwinner matchwinner matchwinner - who cant pass to save his life
Fats- Legend - not good enough reason to hike his pay up
Jacko- tough as they come prop as above
Fletch- awesome awesome awesome awesome - agree

fletch has a job because he is not full time
someone like robbie paul would be our first, of 5-6 full timers we need to even compete next season

but if you're happy in humdrum "best of the rest" mode then thats your choice
me? i want to see my hometown club playing with pride and for something at stake bigger than 3rd behind the full timers

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #21 on: 21 Aug 2007, 09:14:18 am

Monte

and, as i have previously stated on this post, sadly why we will NEVER attract players of the quality of a robbie paul, because we are too scared to take a risk, as monte has said the name robbie paul will attract people down to watch, and with possible backing from local business he would be no risk at all

as for your previous post shaver haven

Broadbent- solid as a rock and a match winner -  i'll agree to that one
Calvert- fastest winger in the league bar none - wasted under coach rotherhams negative tactics
Duffy- top class scrum half who crowds love to see in top flight - can do better
Sice- matchwinner matchwinner matchwinner matchwinner - who cant pass to save his life
Fats- Legend - not good enough reason to hike his pay up
Jacko- tough as they come prop as above
Fletch- awesome awesome awesome awesome - agree

fletch has a job because he is not full time
someone like robbie paul would be our first, of 5-6 full timers we need to even compete next season

but if you're happy in humdrum "best of the rest" mode then thats your choice
me? i want to see my hometown club playing with pride and for something at stake bigger than 3rd behind the full timers

So you would be happy for the club to pay over the odds and risk going out of buisness ????

Offline splodge99

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 21 Aug 2007, 11:05:49 am
I've watched whitehaven for 30 years and i would love them to play in the top flight. Having said that i wouldn't want them to risk everything to get there.  When it comes down to it I enjoy watching entertaining rugby at all levels and I'd rather have a team playing at a lower level than no team at all.

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 21 Aug 2007, 12:48:01 pm
I've watched whitehaven for 30 years and i would love them to play in the top flight. Having said that i wouldn't want them to risk everything to get there.  When it comes down to it I enjoy watching entertaining rugby at all levels and I'd rather have a team playing at a lower level than no team at all.

here here

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #24 on: 21 Aug 2007, 01:45:43 pm
id like to see them push for the top not playing in this league for the mickey mouse cup year in year out. changes will have to be made.

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #25 on: 26 Aug 2007, 07:23:03 pm
Robbie Paul come up here ???.........Pigs might fly

more chance of shaun long being at leigh next season ;D ;D ;D ;D