HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Big simon baldwin

Bora18 · 36 · 2596

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 11 Aug 2007, 06:30:57 pm
I am 6 ft 2, 20 stone+ some, I am past my sell by date, have a naff  ankle. But I can still run harder and faster than Baldwin. ; :P

Neil Baynes

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #16 on: 11 Aug 2007, 06:49:49 pm
I am 6 ft 2, 20 stone+ some, I am past my sell by date, have a naff  ankle. But I can still run harder and faster than Baldwin. ; :P

Neil Baynes

LMAO Very funny marra! But its not a question or a quiz, I am actually talking about my self. I have tears in my eyes mate with that reply.
You made me smile, Nice one. ;D ;)

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #17 on: 12 Aug 2007, 11:29:08 am
i think its baldwin himself come on here trying to soften everybody up after lackluster performances
we were warned by rochdale supporters not to get too excited about him if memory serves there was one on that
site singing his praises too :D :D ;)

Monte2carlo

Reply #18 on: 12 Aug 2007, 11:52:23 am
He is doing a good job at Whitehaven i'd hope he gets re-signed for next season

Monte

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #19 on: 12 Aug 2007, 12:01:00 pm

Monte

Good job, Where at? My granny can run a ball in harder marra. And as for his try, right place, right time he was Bloody lucky!

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 12 Aug 2007, 12:26:19 pm
feel abit sorry for the guy in his hayday he was a good player but he is old now . Still i thought he got stuck in they other night think he might be better in the second row running wider because he dosent have the strengh for prop but give the guy a chance you never no he might have couple of big games

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #21 on: 12 Aug 2007, 12:27:11 pm

Monte

Good job, Where at? My granny can run a ball in harder marra. And as for his try, right place, right time he was Bloody lucky!
he must be cleaning the toilets after the game as a sideline or is the rugby the sideline :D :D ;)

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #22 on: 12 Aug 2007, 01:34:31 pm

Monte

agreed mate

Offline Scoreboard

• Academy Signing
Reply #23 on: 12 Aug 2007, 01:57:07 pm
I agree, the bloke has come to help us out.  He aint a top end NL1 prop but he gets stuck in and plays a lot of minutes.

He has def seen better days as a 18 -26 yr old he was a decent SL back rower.   With all due respect tothe bloke I would be disappointed if he was one of our 4/5 Props next year, but this year he is doing a job we need.  TBH when/ if Trindall Fats Hill and Jacko are fit I don't think he would make the 17.

Its wrong to be over critical of him though he puts the effort in which is all we can ask.  Teare shades him in taking the ball up but baldwin has more of an engine to keep going during the 80 min.

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #24 on: 13 Aug 2007, 02:50:31 am
field marshal baldwin for coach

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #25 on: 13 Aug 2007, 02:05:10 pm
you're just on here to wind people up eh ;)
haven till i die

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 13 Aug 2007, 02:20:51 pm
nope, just happen to think the guy is doing the best he can. Yes hes past it we all know that, but he still gets stuck in and plays 40/50 mins. I prefer him to someone like teare whos still young and has the capability of bulling cows, but instead decides he cant be bothered and gets his wage for a 10 min spell.
« Last Edit: 13 Aug 2007, 02:22:34 pm by Bora18 »

Offline benny

• Academy Signing
Reply #27 on: 13 Aug 2007, 02:51:55 pm
you must be joking he is the worsed signing we have ever made.like ppl have said there granny could run it in better.poor fordy left out again for this waste of space.2 1month nloan players and a 32year old y isnt dr breeding our own youngsters.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #28 on: 13 Aug 2007, 03:33:50 pm
nope, just happen to think the guy is doing the best he can. Yes hes past it we all know that, but he still gets stuck in and plays 40/50 mins. I prefer him to someone like teare whos still young and has the capability of bulling cows, but instead decides he cant be bothered and gets his wage for a 10 min spell.

he may well be doing the best he can but it isnt good enough for whitehaven gone are the times when haven were a bottom of the table team now we are trying to get to finals and super league baldwin is not a player that will get us there we have people in the academy who could do what he is doing well done to him for trying hes best but we need forwards who will make a big impact when they come on the field ie. jacko hill fats fletcher
haven till i die

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 13 Aug 2007, 06:20:07 pm
Pity we didnt have a few more like baldwin, then we'd hit the big time  ;)