HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Job or Club?

Guest · 12 · 1222

WHITEHAVENHERO

on: 04 Jul 2007, 10:19:14 pm
I know I am going to open a tin of worms here and probably get slated from some of you guy's for bringing this up. But it's time it as to be mentioned.  I have posted this same question else where on other Rugby forums, So I have to ask it here on our own site I think.

With the good jobs most of the players have they know if they get us to the top of NL1 or they go on to win the grand final. SL is then beckoning and then they will have to choose club or job, and if you're a family man the good job especially at B.N.F.L will win every time.
"So here's the negative again guys" So why would these guys put there heart and sole into wanting to move out of NL1 because if they do they know they will loose income if they have to go full time."Fact" Plus they know more than half of them will be dropped, "Fact"
So it's time to have a clean out and get players who want to concentrate full time on training etc. I think we will never be challenging for NL1 title, or SL without full timers, The team we have now have done us proud, But it is time to move with the times and keep up with the big teams now. So I think it's make or break for this club now. Move with the times, or get left way behind in the middle of NL1.
The team that comes down this season, will stay full time, then there's Tigers or Widnes, which ever one of them don't go up will be full time, and I would say Halifax, and Leigh will also be full time next season. So I would think next season we will be competing against 4 or 5 full time teams. I am sorry to say it but things are going to be tougher next season unless we go full time and recruit. Next season could be the beginning of the end of Haven being in the top 3 teams in NL1 unless we act now
« Last Edit: 05 Jul 2007, 12:59:25 am by WHITEHAVENHERO »

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2007, 10:34:10 pm
this question has been asked many times,fans will argue the case for both sides, but honestly and truthfully only the players know if they are doing it or not

however, i believe we have to bite the bullet and make a hard core of players full time from next season to be competetive

i think we need to set off with full time players in the key positions of full back, stand off and scrum half hooker loose forward, with part timers filling the rest of positions, recruting more full timers as crowds/finances dictated

we all know we couldnt afford to go completely full time but i do believe we could survive and compete next season with 6-8 full time players and a top class coach

our overseas signing for next year would ideally be either a stand off or scrum half
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 05 Jul 2007, 04:55:41 pm
can we afford tio go full time

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #3 on: 05 Jul 2007, 05:09:07 pm

Thing is marra, Can we afford not too?

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #4 on: 05 Jul 2007, 05:32:35 pm
think we should look at the franchise option...we cant afford full time...if we dont get one for 2009...then whats the point of being full time, build for 3 years both on and off the pitch putting things in place for a successfull franchise bid
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #5 on: 05 Jul 2007, 05:33:32 pm
the questions is if we did go full time would

duffy
r jackson
maden
smith

all move here pack in there jobs to be full time??

would the well paid players at sellafield pack there jobs in ???

where would the money come from we dont have a rich chairman like - halifax,cas,widnes do

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 05 Jul 2007, 09:06:41 pm

i never said we could afford to go full time
only to have a core of so many full timers, building to more as crowds/finance allowed

we cannot afford to stick in the same rut as we are, as i predict that during next season in the face of 4 possibly 5 full time teams we will struggle to compete and our crowds will start dropping off
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 05 Jul 2007, 10:23:37 pm
I don't  think  theres  scope  for  any  NL1  side  to  stay  fullltime  for  any  decent  length  of  time.

There  isn't  the  fan  base  to  pay  a  fulltime  squad  a  decent  wage.  You   only  have  to  look  at  Donny  to  see  that.

If  Sky  gave  enough  NL  clubs  the  cash  to  go  fulltime  then  fair  enough  but  they  don't.  They  screen  games  on  the  cheap. >:(

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 06 Jul 2007, 07:41:45 pm
leigh are on about going back to partime next season...if widnes fail to go up they will not only be part time but not playing at halton...they said as much when they had there mini crisis in april...so that leaves the team that comes down and fax who are throwing everything at the 2009 franchise and whos chairman on this thread

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=298100

expects us to take in that 15 of their squad players getting paid zero every week if they do not play...setting themselves up for yet another fall they have stated they needed an extra 250k on top of what they generate now to go full time next year..

full time is ok for 1 or 2 seasons at the most after that if you dont go up your in trouble big time...is this really what we want for haven
THE MULLET IS BACK

WHITEHAVENHERO

Reply #9 on: 06 Jul 2007, 11:38:40 pm
No not realy mate, But what do we do? Likre I have said in many a thread, we are a decent NL 1 team. So how do we make it to the big time?

Offline fairweather

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 08 Jul 2007, 12:01:36 pm
For Haven to go full time or to push on to the Super League, they need more fans to turn up.
Otherwise the club will end up in serious financial trouble like Workington did.
I'm sad  to say but there aren't enough people in the area who are prepared to turn up week in week out to support the club.
Too many prefer to sit in the pub watching football

Offline marras@haven

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 20 Aug 2007, 07:15:09 pm
it should be club and fans but BNFL always comes first...