Reply #15 on: 13 Aug 2007, 11:01:35 pm
And here's me thinking his dilema was how to spell dilemma.  ;D ;D ;D

Didn't realise it was a spelling test Keith,  ;D

Monte

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #16 on: 14 Aug 2007, 01:21:50 pm
No wonder Rugby League can not move on, With clowns like you guy's who just want to slag Workington or Whitehaven off.
Whats wrong with supporting the game of Rugby instead of seeing how far you guys can throw your Teddy's out of the pram.
Role on the franchise system and we have a Team Cumbria. Then all you guys can be left to have a go at  teams that are going nowhere and will never ever move out of NL1 at best. I would be supporting a side that could bring quality rugby to Cumbria,
Not who is the best of the going no where teams?

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 14 Aug 2007, 02:54:06 pm
No wonder Rugby League can not move on, With clowns like you guy's who just want to slag Workington or Whitehaven off.
Whats wrong with supporting the game of Rugby instead of seeing how far you guys can throw your Teddy's out of the pram.
Role on the franchise system and we have a Team Cumbria. Then all you guys can be left to have a go at  teams that are going nowhere and will never ever move out of NL1 at best. I would be supporting a side that could bring quality rugby to Cumbria,
Not who is the best of the going no where teams?

JamEater you are indeed a man after my own heart as I to can't wait until the powers that be in Cumbrian RL see the light and start moving in a positive way towards one united Team Cumbria.    I have banged the drum for long enough on this subject and I'll wager that if both boards of directors stated publicly that it was the only way to go many people would be talking along the same lines.      All this rubbish of "my dad's bigger than yours" and "what have you ever won" etc, is soooooooooooooo childish.   Everyone from Timbuctoo to Tooting can see that we will never see SL in Cumbria UNLESS both our forces get together but all we appear to do is look for reasons why it can't happen instead of looking for ways to make it happen.   Even some of our players in both camps think this way but yet those that hold the reins also appear to wear the blinkers as well.    Sad really, but that's the way it is for now.   Eventually there may be a blinding flash of light that strikes a chord, who knows?????
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2007, 02:55:40 pm by Keith »
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 14 Aug 2007, 03:02:06 pm
I think that may happen well after  the SL doors are shut not sure tho. I dont think its just Haven and Town tho aint barrow in cumbria? so where would this ground be build?
We,l just  have to wait and see.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #19 on: 14 Aug 2007, 04:29:00 pm
I think that may happen well after  the SL doors are shut not sure tho. I dont think its just Haven and Town tho aint barrow in cumbria? so where would this ground be build?
We,l just  have to wait and see.

Sorry, but Barrow don't come into the equation.    It would be like asking Warrington to join forces with Halifax, the distance between the two areas.  But it is those sort of things that should come later.   The first step is to actually get people in control at both clubs talking about the possibility.    Nitty gritty come later after seeing if it feasible, without dismissing it out of hand.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #20 on: 14 Aug 2007, 04:43:26 pm
As i remember the previous board's tried to get the merger going and soon realised that the fans DO NOT  WANT IT.  The meeting at the Civic Hall was jam packed (no pun intended) and the board threw the towel in.  What is wrong with having pride in your home town team.  This talk of merger always returns when Haven are the dominant team in Cumbria.  Dont forget when the super duper league was formed we had Kevan Gorge on border tv spouting off about the team being based in Workington with no debate.  Call me a dinosaur if you like but i would rather watch my team trying to get there than watch a team with no home playing one game here then one game there.  It will never happen simple as that.

Offline African exile

• First Team Backup
Reply #21 on: 14 Aug 2007, 05:00:53 pm
Why would we even think of merging with the scum remember they voted against us joining the Northern Rugby League they only speak of a merger now they are crap.
If it's a girl they're naming her Sigourney after an actress, if it's a boy the 're naming him Rodney after Dave

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 14 Aug 2007, 05:30:56 pm
i know keith we can join forces keep the ground at haven and call the team......... whitehaven lol :D sorted

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 14 Aug 2007, 06:04:13 pm
Why would we even think of merging with the scum remember they voted against us joining the Northern Rugby League they only speak of a merger now they are crap.

Why do folk keep talking like this, "Scum" for Christ sake we are all human beings are we not? Scice played for Town is he scum, Dick Huddart played for Town too, I suppose he is scum, who as got the brass caooonies to call him scum? Who is going to be the first? Come on dare yer.
If we did merge it would not be Workington or Whitehaven would it. As for it never happening Champ! I bet you a ?10 note there is a unified club, or team Cumbria before Whitehaven or Workington ever reach SL. As for Workington being crap, it was not that long since we were where they are now, Be carefull what you say marra because we will not be to far from being there again ourselves in the near future.
Remember we at Haven have No money! No ground! No full time team! Not enough quality players to get to SL, Not enough supporters to survive and keep us there, We need a minimum of 5 to 6000 supporters to keep our heads above water in SL and thats even if by a miracle we got the chance of playing in a final & winning it?. So how are we going to do it. Please all you men of knowledge and die hards tell me how we can do it. Bet there is not one answer in reply that can tell us how. Come 2010 I think Haven & Town will be dead and buried.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2007, 06:06:15 pm by JamEater »

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #24 on: 14 Aug 2007, 08:27:00 pm
As i remember the previous board's tried to get the merger going and soon realised that the fans DO NOT  WANT IT.  The meeting at the Civic Hall was jam packed (no pun intended) and the board threw the towel in.  What is wrong with having pride in your home town team.  This talk of merger always returns when Haven are the dominant team in Cumbria.  Dont forget when the super duper league was formed we had Kevan Gorge on border tv spouting off about the team being based in Workington with no debate.  Call me a dinosaur if you like but i would rather watch my team trying to get there than watch a team with no home playing one game here then one game there.  It will never happen simple as that.

There you go again Champ, keeping in with your bosses!!!   Who on here has mentioned a merger???    Only you.    I don't mind if you can't see through your choc, blue & gold misted eyes, that's your choice but you know just as well as I do that NEITHER of our clubs will see Super League on their own and that is as simple as that.    No-one has presented the possibility of a NEW CLUB other than in general conversation so for you to say it will never happen is surely a bit premature.    I think it's time for some at the Rec to get a reality check as the only way there will be a franchise come to Cumbria is with a NEW CLUB not one of the existing clubs.    You often accuse Town fans of living in the past but what exactly are you doing?      When the first talk of merger came about  in 1995 Haven were the struggling team having just hung on by the skin of their teeth (1992 Ltd) .   At that time the Haven fans were shouting that Town were trying to take them over.     A few years later when Town had been relegated from SL the cry was that Town only wanted Haven to take on their debts.    As always though Paul you are not a dinosaur merely looking for the problems instead of the answers.

Monte2carlo

Reply #25 on: 14 Aug 2007, 09:18:29 pm
Jameater, havenhero or what ever you call yourself this week,

I started this thread as a joke, it has us usual on this site it been blown out of all proportion, talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. I am for one in favour of a West cumbrian super league

Monte

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 14 Aug 2007, 10:54:02 pm
And just how would you know who I am? Makes you wonder where you get that info from eh?  What difference dose it make if I have one, two, or three names on here marra. Whats that got to do with my thread in anyway at all? You trying to let on you know me pal or what?  Think again you don't. Thing is I know you. ;)

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #27 on: 14 Aug 2007, 11:12:26 pm

Why do folk keep talking like this, "Scum" for Christ sake we are all human beings are we not? Scice played for Town is he scum, Dick Huddart played for Town too, I suppose he is scum, who as got the brass caooonies to call him scum? Who is going to be the first? Come on dare yer.
If we did merge it would not be Workington or Whitehaven would it. As for it never happening Champ! I bet you a ?10 note there is a unified club, or team Cumbria before Whitehaven or Workington ever reach SL. As for Workington being crap, it was not that long since we were where they are now, Be carefull what you say marra because we will not be to far from being there again ourselves in the near future.
Remember we at Haven have No money! No ground! No full time team! Not enough quality players to get to SL, Not enough supporters to survive and keep us there, We need a minimum of 5 to 6000 supporters to keep our heads above water in SL and thats even if by a miracle we got the chance of playing in a final & winning it?. So how are we going to do it. Please all you men of knowledge and die hards tell me how we can do it. Bet there is not one answer in reply that can tell us how. Come 2010 I think Haven & Town will be dead and buried.

And where are you going to get your 5-6000 fans to keep your head above water.  Lets say there is a cumbrian team along side Haven and Town.  That means 2 games every week if you want to follow both.  If you follow the Cumbria team then crowds for a Haven team and Town would suffer even more than they do now. You for one have been highlighting the problems of people being able to afford to go to 1 game every 2 weeks so how will they afford to go to more games  We would maybe get 5-6000 if the team were winning every week but once they started to struggle there would be 2000 or so.  Will there be sponsors lining up to support all 3 teams to such a level that they can survive.  I think you would find a main sponsor of significant investment for the Cumbria team but Haven and Town could not demand the same money,  What about merchandise, would you buy a Haven home and away AND cumbria home and away top.  These are main streams of income and in my opinion Haven and Town would struggle and eventually fold.
Turn the clock back just 5 years and you would have found not one Haven fan that would have forecast the 2 grand finals, league leaders trophy or the cup final.  Like i said before i prefer to have a go on our own. In my opinion it is not a case of Cumbria versus Haven or Town it is a case of have a Cumbria team and ruin Haven and Town. Like i say Keith this is MY opinion not that of my paymasters as you put it. 

Monte2carlo

Reply #28 on: 14 Aug 2007, 11:55:42 pm
And just how would you know who I am? Makes you wonder where you get that info from eh?  What difference dose it make if I have one, two, or three names on here marra. Whats that got to do with my thread in anyway at all? You trying to let on you know me pal or what?  Think again you don't. Thing is I know you. ;)

Hmm so you aint the 6 foot 4 inch 20 stone man who is an ex marchon worker who hasn't worked for a few years then who lives close to the ground . You don't have to be Miss Marples to figure our who you are

Monte

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 15 Aug 2007, 12:45:45 am

Hmm so you aint the 6 foot 4 inch 20 stone man who is an ex marchon worker who hasn't worked for a few years then who lives close to the ground . You don't have to be Miss Marples to figure our who you are

Monte

You know naff all about me? You picked up all that about me of here, you know I don't work because I have said on here I am now on disability and not worked for a few years, and said on numerous occasions I live behind the railway end. I never ever worked for marchon, I was a tanker driver for Tank Freight .
So your quite wrong Sherlock! told you all before who I am. I do not hide behind screen names marra. My name is Mark Shackley & If I have something to say on here marra I will, and you or no one else will stop me having my say. That you can count on pal!
« Last Edit: 15 Aug 2007, 01:01:47 am by JamEater »