HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 24 Oct 2006, 05:04:36 pm
TODAY CASTLEFORD HAVE SIGNED MARK LEAFA A PLAYER WHO WAS SUPPOSEDLY SIGNED AND HAD RETURNED HOME UNTIL HIS WORK PERMIT WAS SORTED OUT. WHY OH WHY HAS HE SIGNED FOR CASTLEFORD THEN????????

THE BOARD IN CHARGE AT THE CLUB ARE A BUNCH OF OLD INCOMPETENTS WHO NEVER WILL AND NEVER HAD ANY IDEA HOW TO RUN OUR CLUB.

SO WHO HAVE WE SIGNED TO REPLACE LEAFA???? NOBODY. OH YEAH WE'VE GOT WRIGHT SIGNED WHO CARES!!!

WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS, OUR CONSTANT INABILITY TO RETAIN OUR PLAYERS/STAFF IS SHOCKING.

AS FOR LEAFA WELL DONT GET ME STARTED ON HIM.

WE ARE GOING NOWHERE AND WILL BE PLAYING TOWN 4 TIMES A YEAR IN THE NOT SO DISTANT FUTURE. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2006, 05:16:07 pm by Flannerz »

Tommy43

Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2006, 05:12:55 pm
Dont talk wet.

Trouble with RL is that most of these overseas players are mercenarys who will go to where they'll get most money. Hardly the BOD fault.

After following Haven through thick & thin (mostly thin) for 40 years I used to dream of having a team as good as we've had over the last 3 seasons, for which the BOD must take a lot of the credit.

Also, my young daughter reads this forum so cut out the foul language

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2006, 05:16:11 pm
TODAY CASTLEFORD HAVE SIGNED MARK LEAFA A PLAYER WHO WAS SUPPOSEDLY SIGNED AND HAD RETURNED HOME UNTIL HIS WORK PERMIT WAS SORTED OUT. WHY OH WHY HAS HE SIGNED FOR  CASTLEFORD THEN????????

THE BOARD IN CHARGE AT THE CLUB ARE A BUNCH OF OLD INCOMPETENTS WHO NEVER WILL AND NEVER HAD ANY IDEA HOW TO RUN OUR CLUB.

SO WHO HAVE WE SIGNED TO REPLACE LEAFA???? NOBODY. OH YEAH WE'VE GOT ****TY WRIGHT SIGNED WHO CARES!!!

WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS, OUR CONSTANT INABILITY TO RETAIN OUR PLAYERS/STAFF IS SHOCKING.

WE ARE GOING NOWHERE AND WILL BE PLAYING TOWN 4 TIMES A YEAR IN THE NOT SO DISTANT FUTURE. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

couldn't agree more mate there only bothered about the short term future of the club and THEMSELVES!
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2006, 05:17:51 pm by HavenWarrior »

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2006, 06:00:54 pm
TODAY CASTLEFORD HAVE SIGNED MARK LEAFA A PLAYER WHO WAS SUPPOSEDLY SIGNED AND HAD RETURNED HOME UNTIL HIS WORK PERMIT WAS SORTED OUT. WHY OH WHY HAS HE SIGNED FOR  CASTLEFORD THEN????????

SO WHO HAVE WE SIGNED TO REPLACE LEAFA???? NOBODY. OH YEAH WE'VE GOT ****TY WRIGHT SIGNED WHO CARES!!!

couldn't agree more mate there only bothered about the short term future of the club and THEMSELVES!

very unfair if it wasn't for this board you would not have a club, they stepped in and guided us to where we are now when no ones else would......i too am disappointed and worried about the lack of signings and loosing players

but you can bet the board will be too and will be doing somthing about it

be gratefull you don't have the board leigh have.....

ours do a good job so leave them to get on with it >:(
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2006, 06:15:20 pm
TODAY CASTLEFORD HAVE SIGNED MARK LEAFA A PLAYER WHO WAS SUPPOSEDLY SIGNED AND HAD RETURNED HOME UNTIL HIS WORK PERMIT WAS SORTED OUT. WHY OH WHY HAS HE SIGNED FOR CASTLEFORD THEN????????

SO WHO HAVE WE SIGNED TO REPLACE LEAFA???? NOBODY. OH YEAH WE'VE GOT WRIGHT SIGNED WHO CARES!!!

The board can only try and sign the player. They thought they'd just about go him signed but they never. As has been said most overseas players are here for money and very little else. I hope now that the club go out and sign a good Second Row because it's needed but i still think there's 2 better second rows at our club now than Mark Leafa but i think we need someone in because McAvoy's still learning, Spencer could have a massive year next year and Howard is now more being used more off the bench as a prop or second row making a good impact. Leafa before the play offs was average at best and came good in the play offs, a decent player in this league but there's better and let's hope we can find someone i'm sure they'll be looking now.

havenchris

Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2006, 06:17:25 pm
Alan..You saying leave them alone to get on with it,Yet Your on other threads saying we standings till...cant' have it both ways.
Personally think leigh will pull themselves up,they'll recruit over next 4 months and probably end up with a squad that will challenge for top 3.
At this moment i can't see us being anywhere near Cas or Widnes,who incidentally have signed Mick Nanyn today.

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2006, 06:25:59 pm
Alan..You saying leave them alone to get on with it,Yet Your on other threads saying we standings till...cant' have it both ways.
Personally think leigh will pull themselves up,they'll recruit over next 4 months and probably end up with a squad that will challenge for top 3.
At this moment i can't see us being anywhere near Cas or Widnes,who incidentally have signed Mick Nanyn today.

i do think at the mo we are standing still ,but i don't know what they have planned hence leave them alone to get on with it, i can still express my opinon with out having a go at them
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2006, 08:47:36 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

havenchris

Reply #7 on: 24 Oct 2006, 06:34:02 pm
Of course you can express your opinion and if you think we going backwards thats fair enough ,Im not far behind you in that view.
Just others express themselves in stronger ways than others,But they entitled to their opinions just as much.

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2006, 06:51:39 pm
al have you all know that board has stood by our club through thick and thin when no one else cared they were there. so leafa has gone to cas big deal we'll get over it. just like we did last season whem mick and joel left every1 had there doubts about us reaching the play offs but yet we finished fourth and caqme just short of a 3rd grand final. so lets just give the board a break the start of the season is like 4-5 months away. HAVE A BIT OF BELIEF AND I BET THE BOARD WILL MAKE OTHER SIGNINGS AND GET US TO THAT GRAND FINAL THIS YEAR TO WIN IT.
                                                             UP THE HAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:46:11 pm
DR has indicated that new signings were unlikely until later next season, because he and the BOD were happy with the way the squad was taking shape.  All we know for sure is that Leafa was one of the players expected to be in the squad, so I would anticipate that a replacement will be sought.  As for all the others, they appear to have priced themselves out of our squad which is fair enough.  How many of the rumours were true we will probably never know, maybe there are three or four players that were expected to be in the squad next season, if so then replacements will be sought.

Our BOD and recent coaches have got a pretty good track record in signing quality good players over the last couple of seasons as and when needed, be patient and let the guys do their jobs like they have competently for the last three or four years!  I have full confidence that we will be there or thereabouts again next year.  One thing I know for sure is that Haven is a very well run club and the BOD won't blow the budget to get into super league........I suspect one or two other clubs will do/are.

I for one fully back the BOD as they are the best the club has had in my memory.  As one of our forum members avatars reminds us - KEEP THE FAITH!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline the future calvert

• Academy Signing
Reply #10 on: 24 Oct 2006, 09:51:40 pm
well said marra :)

Offline mr hopefull

• First Team Backup
  • off we go-- come on haven-- come on haven
Reply #11 on: 24 Oct 2006, 09:55:17 pm
DR has indicated that new signings were unlikely until later next season, because he and the BOD were happy with the way the squad was taking shape.  All we know for sure is that Leafa was one of the players expected to be in the squad, so I would anticipate that a replacement will be sought.  As for all the others, they appear to have priced themselves out of our squad which is fair enough.  How many of the rumours were true we will probably never know, maybe there are three or four players that were expected to be in the squad next season, if so then replacements will be sought.

Our BOD and recent coaches have got a pretty good track record in signing quality good players over the last couple of seasons as and when needed, be patient and let the guys do their jobs like they have competently for the last three or four years!  I have full confidence that we will be there or thereabouts again next year.  One thing I know for sure is that Haven is a very well run club and the BOD won't blow the budget to get into super league........I suspect one or two other clubs will do/are.

here here

I for one fully back the BOD as they are the best the club has had in my memory.  As one of our forum members avatars reminds us - KEEP THE FAITH!

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #12 on: 24 Oct 2006, 10:01:13 pm
Its fair enough not blowing the budget to try and get into SL but the BOD have to make some sort of decision as to which direction they want to take us in. Its a catch 22 situation, unless money is pumped into the team then we'll have very little chance of ever making SL before if as rumoured relegation is abolished in favour of the franchise system in 2/3 seasons time. This will leave us stranded in the rugby equivalent of no mans land and we'd become no more than an amateur side. If this happens i expect the club would find it extremely difficult to attract sponsorship of any repute whatsoever. If we spend to the top end of our budget and fail then yes we will be walking a financial tightrope however at least we can say we tryed. Because if we are still in NL1 when the drawbridge comes up then im afraid that will be it forever.

For some reason people are of the opinion that when the Recreation Ground popular side is redeveloped we will waltz into SL. People need a reality check. The stand which will be built will merely take us up to the minimum standards to gain entry at the moment. The stand will be by no means make our ground better than the majority of others in NL1 in fact the Recre will probably remain one of the worst.

The club is one of the best supported in the league yet we still fail to attract the same standard of player as our rivals. I ask the question where has all the money gone from our increase in support over the past few years?

The BOD have done well to get us where we are but i feel they dont have the knowledge or experience to allow us to progress further to where we aspire to be. Its just a shame there is no one at all in the town with the required nouse to take over.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #13 on: 24 Oct 2006, 11:56:41 pm
Reg, you ask where has all the money gone from the increased support but I would have thought that was fairly obvious.    You don't put a team together such as Haven have had over the past three seasons without paying players good money, so I would say at a rough guess that most of the income from the turnstiles, if not all, has gone to pay players salaries.    The board at Haven have done a fantastic job for the club over that period keeping the interest going when they were always on a loser with the ground, so don't knock them now before you know what is in store for next season.   Our local clubs have a bad habit of not keeping the fans informed and that doesn't help but I'm sure they are trying just as hard as ever to put out a competitive team for you.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #14 on: 25 Oct 2006, 12:35:49 pm
Apparently  there's  supposed  to  be  an  announcement  on  a  possible  signing  this  week  so  maybe  its  a  case  of  waiting  and  see  what  happens.  Certainly  its  worrying  times  when  you  look  at  other  clubs  but  maybe  we  shouldn't  press  the  panic  button  just  yet. 

Don't  forget  it  was  the  same  last  year.  Infact  last  year  was  even  worse.  We  lost  Nanyn, Summers,  Tandy  and  Penny  not  to  mention  the  most  successfull  coach  we've  ever  had.  We  then  brought  in  the  Leigh  lads  who  did  a  decent  job  so  I  would  say  lets  wait  and  see  what  unfolds.  My  guess  is  DR  and  the  BOD  have  irons  in  the  fire  and  I  wouldn't  be  surprised  to  see  new  additions  at  the  club  before  long.