HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #45 on: 12 Jan 2007, 06:58:45 pm
Interesting if true. From what i know of Leafa he was a stand up bloke who i would have thought would stand by his word. As it was reported that he'd agreed to re-sign for Whitehaven it seemed and still seems strange that he ended up at Castleford.

Just out of interest what happened to the money gained from selling Wilkes to Widnes and why didnt we take up the option to resign the player? I would also be interested to know what the amount was we gained in compensation for allowing McCormack to sign for Widnes?

reg and exactly what right do you have to know either of those sums of money...just cause your a fan(debatable) doesnt give you any right to have access to this info...im sure all the Man Utd fans were informed of all the ins and outs when they sold beckham....i dont think so

just looking for other reasons to have a go at the club are we
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #46 on: 12 Jan 2007, 07:12:25 pm
Interesting that the comments from "luvinleafa " have appeared only days after leafa landed in the country to begin playing with Cas. 

We can also infer that the poster obviously doesen't want to be traced hence why the account has been deleted as soon as the message was posted.

Mischief makes usually want to stay around for the banter.  LuvinLeafa also claims to no Leafa "personally".

Could it be Luvinleafa is Mr Leafa himself presenting his side of the story?

havenchamps2005

Reply #47 on: 12 Jan 2007, 07:14:54 pm
leafa only landed in england on thursday as he was delayed because he went to brisbane airport and cas sent his plane tickets to sydney airport

Offline XIII

• Academy Star
Reply #48 on: 12 Jan 2007, 07:17:31 pm
Yes haven Cahmp and the message from LuvinLeafa was posted at 6;18 am today.  Obviously someone who is an early riser or their body clock is all out of sink !!

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #49 on: 12 Jan 2007, 07:48:32 pm
Interesting that the comments from "luvinleafa " have appeared only days after leafa landed in the country to begin playing with Cas. 

We can also infer that the poster obviously doesen't want to be traced hence why the account has been deleted as soon as the message was posted.

Mischief makes usually want to stay around for the banter.  LuvinLeafa also claims to no Leafa "personally".

Could it be Luvinleafa is Mr Leafa himself presenting his side of the story?
are you a mind reader ? lol
i was thinking the exact same thing as you about this "luvinleafa" bein mr leafa. it seems stage them posting at 6 20 am aswell

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #50 on: 12 Jan 2007, 10:53:26 pm
I  was  very  surprised  when  Leafe  went  to  Cas.  All  the  sign's  were  he  liked  it  up  here  and  was  going  to  sign  for  us.  Whether  the  BOD  dragged  their  heels  or  maybe  Cas  made  him  an  offer  that  was  to  good  to  be  true  then  who  knows.  It  would  be  nice  from  someone  of the  BOD  to  set  the  record  straight  on this.

As  for  Reg's  comments  he  does  have  a  couple  of valid  points.

Why  didn't  we  get  1st  shout  on  Wilkes  after  he  left  Wigan  and  why  have  we  not  received  any  compensation  for  the  year  SM  had  left  on  his  contract. ???

The  BOD  have  done  a  great  job  over  the  last  5  years  but  you  get  to  wonder  if  their  losing  the  plot  on  certain  things......................lets  hope  not !!!!!

havenchamps2005

Reply #51 on: 12 Jan 2007, 11:32:32 pm
steve actually had 2 years left on his deal

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #52 on: 13 Jan 2007, 07:54:17 am
Interesting if true. From what i know of Leafa he was a stand up bloke who i would have thought would stand by his word. As it was reported that he'd agreed to re-sign for Whitehaven it seemed and still seems strange that he ended up at Castleford.

Just out of interest what happened to the money gained from selling Wilkes to Widnes and why didnt we take up the option to resign the player? I would also be interested to know what the amount was we gained in compensation for allowing McCormack to sign for Widnes?

reg and exactly what right do you have to know either of those sums of money...just cause your a fan(debatable) doesnt give you any right to have access to this info...im sure all the Man Utd fans were informed of all the ins and outs when they sold beckham....i dont think so

sorry BKM, but big reg has every right to enquire about the wilkes money,as do i and anyone else interested in the club, WHAT has happened to the money?

to question whether he is a fan just because he dares to criticise is a wee bit strange, the world is full of too many "yes" men who just sit there and do/say nothing, people like reg are needed, and indeed entitled to question things
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

• Haven Legend
Reply #53 on: 13 Jan 2007, 08:35:03 am
I  was  very  surprised  when  Leafe  went  to  Cas.  All  the  sign's  were  he  liked  it  up  here  and  was  going  to  sign  for  us.  Whether  the  BOD  dragged  their  heels  or  maybe  Cas  made  him  an  offer  that  was  to  good  to  be  true  then  who  knows.  It  would  be  nice  from  someone  of the  BOD  to  set  the  record  straight  on this.

As  for  Reg's  comments  he  does  have  a  couple  of valid  points.

Why  didn't  we  get  1st  shout  on  Wilkes  after  he  left  Wigan  and  why  have  we  not  received  any  compensation  for  the  year  SM  had  left  on  his  contract. ???

The  BOD  have  done  a  great  job  over  the  last  5  years  but  you  get  to  wonder  if  their  losing  the  plot  on  certain  things......................lets  hope  not !!!!!

who says we didn,t have the first shout...wilkes was already settled andat widnes on loan on a full time deal, so why would he want more travelling and more than likley less money for a part time deal with haven
THE MULLET IS BACK

• Haven Legend
Reply #54 on: 13 Jan 2007, 08:38:25 am

sorry BKM, but big reg has every right to enquire about the wilkes money,as do i and anyone else interested in the club, WHAT has happened to the money?

to question whether he is a fan just because he dares to criticise is a wee bit strange, the world is full of too many "yes" men who just sit there and do/say nothing, people like reg are needed, and indeed entitled to question things

its not about being yes mean mac its about having trust in the people who run the club..... reg goes beyound criticising them which is out of order...if people want to know all the ins and out then put up and join the board...if not then let the people running the club get on with it instead of looking for ways to run them down all the time (as reg does)
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #55 on: 13 Jan 2007, 10:40:04 am

who says we didn,t have the first shout...wilkes was already settled andat widnes on loan on a full time deal, so why would he want more travelling and more than likley less money for a part time deal with haven
[/quote]
[/quote]

If  that  was  the  case  then  why  did  he  sign  for  us  in  the  1st  place.  Surley  he  must  have  been  offered  enough  money  to  tempt  him  up  here  and  assuming  he  has  a  map  must  have  been  happy  to  make  the  travelling.  I  can't  blame  him  for  going  to  Wigan.  It w as  a  dream  move  for  him  that  has  netted  us  a  bit  of  cash  with  more  to  come  in  3  weeks  but  then  to  send  him  on  to  our  arch  rivals  is  a  bit  bemusing.

• Haven Legend
Reply #56 on: 13 Jan 2007, 11:45:05 am

[/quote]

If  that  was  the  case  then  why  did  he  sign  for  us  in  the  1st  place.  Surley  he  must  have  been  offered  enough  money  to  tempt  him  up  here  and  assuming  he  has  a  map  must  have  been  happy  to  make  the  travelling.  I  can't  blame  him  for  going  to  Wigan.  It w as  a  dream  move  for  him  that  has  netted  us  a  bit  of  cash  with  more  to  come  in  3  weeks  but  then  to  send  him  on  to  our  arch  rivals  is  a  bit  bemusing.
[/quote]

i agree to end up at widnes was a bit of a kick in the teeth but that was wigans and wilkes choice and we have very little say in that.......im sure theres lots goes on behind the scenes regarding  players signings ,movements,offers etc  that we never get to hear about, either enquirys leading to nothing or players turning us down....not the kind of press the club would want to shout about
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Topfan

• Academy Signing
Reply #57 on: 13 Jan 2007, 12:14:51 pm
RE  the Leafa business I recall Barry Rciahrdson going public to say that the club had made Mark an iimproved offer on his 2006 deal but only a day or two later Cas announced his signing .

As for  the Wilkes Business , I spoke to Oliver when Haven played at Widnes in July and the convesation went something along the lines of  " enjoyed  the time at Haven , could have come back to the club BUT the opprtunity to be a Full timer with Widnes made the decision for me "

So people can draw their own conclusions from that but I dont think it was any lack of trying on the clubs part !!!!!
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2007, 12:18:14 pm by Topfan »

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #58 on: 13 Jan 2007, 02:45:10 pm

And he was given the chance to meet Des and put any questions to hin but declined the offer.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #59 on: 13 Jan 2007, 04:54:53 pm

And he was given the chance to meet Des and put any questions to hin but declined the offer.

In the perfect world champ, Reg wouldn't need to ask questions of anyone, if RL boards didn't use so much subtefuge!!!   At times it's like a secret society.   Why don't they say it as it is?   If they have done their best then people will accept that but it always seems that there has to be a mystery about things and before anyone jumps on me I'm talking about boards of directors in general.   At the end of the day fans shouldn't rely on blind faith they should have a right be able to hold the trustees of the their club accountable, surely?
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!