HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

SACK THE BOARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #60 on: 13 Jan 2007, 06:50:17 pm
yer true, its just people tryn to hush reg up and not ask the Qs we all want to know.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #61 on: 13 Jan 2007, 07:49:31 pm
Rubbish !! it isnt the questions that are getting peoples backs up its the constant having a pop and personal attacks on people(directors and coaching staff)  The board are probably the most open we have ever has at the club and we find out alot more than we used to.  The constant whinging about letting us know about any players we may be chasing is a prime example.  The board and coach have stated more than once that they will only announce players when they have signed and not before.  I cant believe anyone cannot see that this is the way to do it.  Like i said before  you pay your money and are entitled to an opinion but there is a difference between opinion and personal attacks.

havenchamps2005

Reply #62 on: 13 Jan 2007, 08:05:50 pm
only reason we try and hush reg up is because all he does is attack the bod and talk bull ****

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #63 on: 13 Jan 2007, 08:29:44 pm
For  me  Reg  brings  up  some  valid  points.  I  don't  agree  with  some  of  his  personal  attacks  on  the  BOD  or  DR  who  have  done  an  excellent  job  so  far  but  at  times  he  does  raise  some  interesting  points  and  judging  by  some  of  the  post's  on  here  quite  a  few  agree.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #64 on: 14 Jan 2007, 01:13:43 pm
i didnt meen attacks but the Q,s he asks and same with other ppl too there  pounced on, thats why alot of ppl   dont ask they know whats comen lol    DONT POUNCE  ON THIS lmao. :D :D :D :D

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #65 on: 17 Jan 2007, 01:19:48 am
Reg talks pure  **** and everyone knows this nothing ever good comes from him its all doom and gloom and lots of cristism which is not even constructive

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #66 on: 18 Jan 2007, 08:34:06 pm
Those who believe i 'talk bull****' should perhaps read Mark Leafa's comments on the Castleford board.

http://www.castigers.com/cgi-bin/shownews.cgi?3529
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2007, 08:37:32 pm by RegDunnsFlatTop »

havenchamps2005

Reply #67 on: 18 Jan 2007, 08:46:26 pm
reg you do talk bull your a laughing stock

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #68 on: 22 Jan 2007, 04:00:38 pm
Havenchamp
The only laughing stock is our club! Reg does talk some sense and makes valid points. Champ has to jump to the BOD's defence because that is his job! Our BOD lacks experience/ambition/foresight and is naive and arrogant in the extreme to think we can improve on 4th place with an arguably weaker squad than last season. Mid table is, imo, where we will end up (hope I'm wrong). After going down to the Rec to watch the spectacle against Town, on what admittedly was a filthy night, the whole experience was nightmarish from the delapated state of the whole ground, to the pitch, the the fact that Bill Robson was collecting money at the gate with a bucket in his hand, to the broken scoreboard to the pathetic tannoy. It was like being in Life on mars and going back 30 years. A new season round the corner and nothing has changed in the slightest. Same old, same old - but if the rest of you are satisfied with the facilities in the worst ground Div 1, then good luck, because I'm not.

Till next time..........................................................

havenchamps2005

Reply #69 on: 22 Jan 2007, 04:21:34 pm
parton marra are ground is a proper rugby ground close to the players and reg does talk bull
if you dont like whats happenin down at haven go support saints or town ile stick with the lads through thick and thin have done for nearly 16 years now and i wont be stopping

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #70 on: 22 Jan 2007, 04:29:25 pm
Why would I want to support anybody else? Proper rugby ground??! So its only redeeming feature is that you are close to the pitch - well you are at Kells, so why don't we go and play there. The truth is we are a small town club with a BOD, and to a certain extent, small town supporters who are all unused to enjoying 21st century facilities.

Till next time........................................................

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #71 on: 22 Jan 2007, 04:48:48 pm
unfortunately parton.marra, 21st century facilities cost money, money which our illustrious "terrified of losing her cushy job if the councils become one controlled by the county" council leader doesnt seem prepared to pass our way, unlike most councils where there are 21st century facilities!

its just something we are gonna have to live with until alternative methods of getting the money are available, like john ansell last year, but oh no the council wouldnt sell because he wanted to build a hotel and that would have gotten in the way of their grand scheme of things wouldnt it!!!

if asda are so keen to build why doesnt the council grant planning permission, on the understanding that asda funds the new stand? or is that too simple for them as well!?!?!?

personally what i want from a RL ground is, the ability to get a pint b4 and after the match, and to be able to see the game from a close proximity, not from the middle of nowhere like at these grounds with running/dog/speedway tracks around them!
quit having a go at our ground, ok its not the tidiest but its one of the best to watch a game at
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline parton.marra

• Academy Star
Reply #72 on: 22 Jan 2007, 05:06:25 pm
Puppetmaster
I totally agree with what you say re: our useless council and all who sail in her - but it would be nice to keep dry and hear the pa system and glance at a scoreboard that works. Some might say this is trivial, but if an organisation can't get the simple things right, what chance do we have competing against the big boys, who are ambitious and professional in the extreme.

Till next time..........................................

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #73 on: 22 Jan 2007, 05:06:33 pm
unfortunately parton.marra, 21st century facilities cost money, money which our illustrious "terrified of losing her cushy job if the councils become one controlled by the county" council leader doesnt seem prepared to pass our way, unlike most councils where there are 21st century facilities!

its just something we are gonna have to live with until alternative methods of getting the money are available, like john ansell last year, but oh no the council wouldnt sell because he wanted to build a hotel and that would have gotten in the way of their grand scheme of things wouldnt it!!!

if asda are so keen to build why doesnt the council grant planning permission, on the understanding that asda funds the new stand? or is that too simple for them as well!?!?!?

personally what i want from a RL ground is, the ability to get a pint b4 and after the match, and to be able to see the game from a close proximity, not from the middle of nowhere like at these grounds with running/dog/speedway tracks around them!
quit having a go at our ground, ok its not the tidiest but its one of the best to watch a game at

spot on big mac
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #74 on: 22 Jan 2007, 05:35:47 pm
I dont think he is havn a go he would just like to see better cover , i  also think the grounds could do with geting done but its the big Q when lol. i like the popular side just a pity there wasnt some kind of cover on there.But meby 1 day lol