HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Nanyn Resigns for Vikings

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 24 Oct 2006, 05:23:17 pm
So you can all shut up now.

Iam seriously worried about next season, it could be our worst for years. Relegation anyone?

FROM OFFICIAL WIDNES SITE.............

Record points scorer Mick Nanyn has this afternoon put pen to paper on a 12 month contract with an option for a further season. The centre,who notched 388 points in 2006 and will this weekend be part of the Scotland side that takes on Wales in Bridgend, is more than happy to stay at the Halton Stadium.

?I enjoyed last year and was bitterly disappointed to miss out on the final part of the season. I?ve had several offers from other National League Clubs, some more lucrative than Widnes? but I enjoy working with Steve McCormack and this year I hope the Club goes one better and makes the step-up to Super League.

"The squad Steve is assembling is certainly starting to take shape and I can?t wait for the 2007 campaign to get underway.?

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2006, 06:56:39 pm
WELL I BELIVE IN OUR BOARD AND I THINK THEY WILL MOVE ON AND PROVE A LOT OF PEOPLE WRONG. I STILL BELIVE WITH THE CURRENT SQUD WE COULD STILL FINISH 1ST

Offline haven marra

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2006, 07:34:33 pm
WELL I BELIVE IN OUR BOARD AND I THINK THEY WILL MOVE ON AND PROVE A LOT OF PEOPLE WRONG. I STILL BELIVE WITH THE CURRENT SQUD WE COULD STILL FINISH 1ST

Only some one called Havens biggest fan would make that statement.....
Finish 1st ????? We are being left behind by other clubs, No signings  while other clubs are getting the better players still available.
Up to now its a two horse race between Cas and Widnes with us finishing Mid table

Offline kells/haven

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:13:27 pm
the username's got nothing to do with that statment. have the board told us fans that there will/wont be new signings? NO. theres 4-5 month till the season starts whats t say the board ar'nt talking to players now. no1 knows. we all just have to wait and see

havenchris

Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:38:55 pm
Whitehaven news few weeks back

Dave Rotheram says: ?We?ve got all these good young kids and I would prefer to concentrate on developing them to their full potential rather than splash out big money to bring in players from outside.?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2006, 09:39:48 pm
I TOLD YOU ALL LAST WEEK TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUT YOU ALL STILL CLUNG TO THE CRAP RUMOURS ABOUT MICK STARTING AT SMELLYFIELD!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 27 Oct 2006, 09:04:12 pm
we need to make singings and quick i always said we did not but with the top class cas and widnes have got if we don't make signings and quick it will look like a bleak season for haven next season

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

haven1985

Reply #7 on: 28 Oct 2006, 01:25:06 pm
dont talk wet havenmascot these players cas and widnes are signing are just big names cause they have sl or nrl experience we have competed with players like this last season look at widnes they had o'connor, mcdermott, moran,, in my eyes these guys are good but they cant have done the job or its obvious widnes would have beem back in sll with ouy a doubt so please DONT WORRY ABOUT BIG NAMES... WAIT AND YOU SEE ???