HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

What chance now?

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:10:49 pm
What are our chances now?

Leafa - gone to Cas - Nanyn resigned for Widnes

Other clubs in a signing frenzy - Haven - all stood still!

So, it begs the question - are we able to compete seriously next season if no new signings are announced?  Personally, I think not.  It appears, we are not holding any aspirations of competing with the likes of Cas and Widnes.

Okay, so the squad we have now, done the business this year despite some major injuries to key players like Lester, Fats and Spencer.  We have a good crop of youngsters coming through but in my humble opinion, and for what it is worth, these lads still need a couple of top drawer signings to bring them on even further and help them mould themselves into much better players in a couple of seasons.  Lester, Fats, Leroy, Seeds are all coming to the ends of their careers and we will probably only have a season of service left in them, they are going to damned hard to replace, which we should be looking to do sooner rather than later to get any new recruit settled in and playing together.  I fear we are being left at first base and unless some major signing/s is announced soon then I cannot help but think, like others have mentioned - we have no ambition. 

It might just be panic at the moment making us all worry - but we need to act now before all available players are snapped up by our rivals and we are left to choose from the has-beens and Billy no Mates.

The above is my opinion, and I am entitled to it - no blame has been lodged anywhere, no individual named  but my observations.

๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:38:45 pm
Hear, Hear

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:39:22 pm
what are the chances of you changing the colour of ya writing? its terrible and i cant read it! :D
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

havenchris

Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:40:42 pm
Rob if you cant read it,Go back to the old settings by changing the look in your profile

Offline MrsHavenWarrior

• Administrator
  • Haven Immortal
Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2006, 08:42:22 pm
what are the chances of you changing the colour of ya writing? its terrible and i cant read it! :D
Zilch  :-*

If you are finding the Choc, Blue and Gold skin on this new forum a bit hard to handle, it is user changeable.

To do this you need to hit the PROFILE tab at the top of the screen, then you will see the CURRENT THEME - if you click the CHANGE option you can change to Classic view (which is very similar to the old forum board).

Remember to then click CHANGE PROFILE at the bottom of the page.

Sorted

MrsHW
« Last Edit: 24 Oct 2006, 08:44:10 pm by MrsHavenWarrior »
๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’› Whitehaven RLFC ๐ŸคŽ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’›

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #5 on: 25 Oct 2006, 08:45:34 am
 One thing I will say is that we must have one of the most settled squads by far. The players were reaching top form by the back end of last season. I for one think we have a better chance than people are giving us.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 25 Oct 2006, 08:50:57 am
It may be the case of having a settled side BUT we have no cover in view of what happened last season when the team was disrupted due to injuries and lost some points on the way.

Offline havendan

• Global Moderator
  • First Team Backup
  • Whoop whoop
Reply #7 on: 25 Oct 2006, 10:42:40 am
 Touch wood - I think we won't have an injury crisis like that for years now.
You are really a superfan amongst super fans in fact your the no.1 fan in Cumbria. Congratulations.

Offline grand final pride 2006

• Academy Signing
Reply #8 on: 25 Oct 2006, 12:23:03 pm
we have had 2 knock back,s off players that gave us great service nynan & leafa so now what ???? we put up the price of addmission no new players signed on not looking if so we have any in the pipe line ... NO SIGN OF ANYTHING HAPPENING WITH THE GROUND AS YET .... we have to be kidding our self that this club is moving in the right direction we bring bill robson into do a job that nobody has manage to do as yet bill is a great bloke but never seen him ever get blood out of a stone before . i think myself we need new blood in the B.O.D. NOT TOTALY BUT WE NEED RID OF 3 AT LEAST TO MAKE ROOM FOR NEW PASSION DIRECTION WITH OUR B.O.D. its proved over the last few seasons we have lost more players going for less money to other clubs ... we need new players to keep every player on his toes ... but all we have done is bring out a new shirt put up prices on the gates and keep collecting punters money lotto ...etc totally gutted .... all our club seem to want is as much money as possible with as least effort to do for it  >:( >:( >:(

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 25 Oct 2006, 12:43:53 pm
Another way of looking at this is that ourselves and Batley seem to be the only teams that are keeping the majority of there squads from last season. Surely this can only be a positive it means that last year's squad performed well and DR believes that we can build on what we've got not build from scratch which is what a lot of teams are doing. I've no doubt that there will be players coming in but the squad that finished last season is short on only 1 player. DR has already stated he might wait a while and bring players in mid-season or for the start of the league season like he did with Leafa and Smith. We've got 32 or 33 players signed on some of them are young lads but surely that figure suggests if we were to bring players in it would only be 1 or 2 players at the most. Let's just wait and see what happens. The best players don't always sign for clubs instantly, last year we got Trindall after New year.

Tommy43

Reply #10 on: 25 Oct 2006, 02:29:20 pm
we have had 2 knock back,s off players that gave us great service nynan & leafa so now what ???

Leafa great service??? 15 matches & away as soon as he got a better offer

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 25 Oct 2006, 02:53:49 pm
we have had 2 knock back,s off players that gave us great service nynan & leafa so now what ???

he played well for us and im sure alot of players would go if offered more money and probably a better chance of super league if they wern't from around here
haven till i die

Offline Haven sent

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 25 Oct 2006, 06:35:13 pm

he played well for us and im sure alot of players would go if offered more money and probably a better chance of super league if they wern't from around here

He played well for about the last four or five matches, up until then he was very ordinary.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 25 Oct 2006, 07:02:20 pm
I  think  its  a  bit  to  early  to  start  pressing  the  panic  buttons.  Yes  its  dissapointing  we  couldn't  get  Nanyn  and  Leafe  back  but  its  not  the  end  of  the  world.

If  you  cast  your  minds  back  to  last  year  we  lost  the  most  successfull  coach  the  club  has  had  not  to  mention  our  record  points  scorer.  Then  to  add  insult  to  injury  we  then  lost  Tandy  and  Summers  all  of  which  went  to  our  main  rivals  not  too  mention  Penny.

Just  when  you  thought  the  world  was  about  to  end  we brought in  the  lads  from  Leigh  who haven't  done  a  bad  job.  Then  Trindall  jetted  in  followed  by  Leafe  and  Smith.  Who's  to  say  we  won't  make  some  major  signing's  from  now  until  the  start  of  the  season.

Watch  this  space.................. :)

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
Reply #14 on: 25 Oct 2006, 07:36:06 pm
Rotherhams already said he isnt looking to sign anyone as he feels he wants to develop players from the U21.