HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

SL Door clanging shut

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #15 on: 20 Aug 2007, 10:52:23 pm
National League 1 and 2, if they don't merge into one league will become the academy leagues of the SL clubs.     Already Gary Hetherington at Leeds is saying that they should do away with the academy leagues and let the 19 - 21 year old players play for National League teams.    In other words we would all become feeder clubs for the 14 SL teams.   Is that what people want?   Imagine having a different team every season or even several times per season.    A club could have a few good young players from the SL clubs playing and doing fine then wham they are all recalled, plucked away to SL and from what was a promising season your team is struggling.

I don't want that and if, as I say, we are not prepared to have a go at a SL franchise, then I don't want to support a feeder club for another SL club.   The National League clubs chairmen have a bit of talking to do in my opinion to make sure that our clubs are not railroaded down that route.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline REDBECKROAD

• Academy Signing
Reply #16 on: 04 Sep 2007, 01:38:34 am

I don't want that and if, as I say, we are not prepared to have a go at a SL franchise, then I don't want to support a feeder club for another SL club.   The National League clubs chairmen have a bit of talking to do in my opinion to make sure that our clubs are not railroaded down that route.

That's only half a post Keith, it's all very well illustraiting a problem, but it's also got to be addressed, what is it you want the chairmen to talk about, not to mention the RL supporters in West Cumbria?