HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

The bonus point against Cas...

Offline Flannerz

• Administrator
  • Fans Favourite
on: 23 Aug 2007, 02:11:06 pm
...could be very useful indeed!

Yes I know some may say we shouldn't have lost to Leigh at home and certainly not Doncaster away, but getting that bonus point against Cas could make a big difference. 3rd and 4th look like this at the moment:

3Whitehaven16110544229414836
4Halifax16100654038115932

If we didn't have the bonus point we would be on 35 points. Fax should win their last two games which would put them on 38. If we did lose to Widnes as it stands but beat Sheffield we will still finish on 39 points. So basically the game against Widnes obviously does mean a lot to us fans, but as long as we go to Sheffield and win, we will still finish 3rd.

I'd rather get it over with a week on Sunday and show Widnes a thing or two whilst we're at it ;)

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 23 Aug 2007, 03:33:42 pm
...could be very useful indeed!

Yes I know some may say we shouldn't have lost to Leigh at home and certainly not Doncaster away, but getting that bonus point against Cas could make a big difference. 3rd and 4th look like this at the moment:

3Whitehaven16110544229414836
4Halifax16100654038115932

If we didn't have the bonus point we would be on 35 points. Fax should win their last two games which would put them on 38. If we did lose to Widnes as it stands but beat Sheffield we will still finish on 39 points. So basically the game against Widnes obviously does mean a lot to us fans, but as long as we go to Sheffield and win, we will still finish 3rd.

I'd rather get it over with a week on Sunday and show Widnes a thing or two whilst we're at it ;)

Going to sheffield will not be easy, and by no means are we guaranteed a win.
I think it could be easier getting the win against Widnes.
They may be resting some, as Cas shouldn't slip up from here on in

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 23 Aug 2007, 08:37:14 pm
Depending on the results for Dewsbury & Sheffield next week, Sheffield could still be in with a chance of making the top 6 going into our game with them. So it could be a very difficult last game away and we do need to secure 3rd place to guarantee 2 homes matches for the playoffs.