HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Disabled Access

Offline david

• Academy Signing
on: 25 Aug 2007, 11:48:53 am
Hi all

As a Widnes supporter living in Barrow I will definitely be up on Sunday come hell or high water.

My old dad has not been to a game for quite a few years so I thought I would bring him up with me, however he is well into his 70's and is disabled.

Would I be able to park very near the ground ( on the Widnes site they are saying parking is a bit of a problem). Dad can not walk much more than about 200 yards, obviously I have the Disabled tickets for the car.

Also would I be able to get him (and me) a seat in the stand once we are in.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in advance and see you next week.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2007, 12:07:17 pm
Hi david,

hope you enjoy your visit to whitehaven next sunday!<but not the result!>

if you get here early enough< i'm talking reallistically before probably 1.30-2.00pm> you should be able to park on the car park outside the ground, however dick turpin and his cohorts acting on behalf of the miners welfare club will charge you to do so,
once at the ground come straight into the ground, do not go to the miners club as no money you may spend in there, if you are to have a drink, goes to WRLFC, only the bar behind the kells end does that, there is a ramp up to the club in the ground ,if you require wheelchair access?

Over by the main stand i believe is disabled access and viewing where you and your dad can sit and enjoy what should hopefully be a cracking game.

i'm sure champ, paul goodwin will add to this post when he returns from his jaunt to wembley this weekend.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2007, 12:30:40 pm
Cheers big man you have done a cracking job.  If the Chap from Barra would like to give me a ring when he is near the ground we will help get him sorted out.