HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Haven V hornets update

Guest · 23 · 2028

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #15 on: 19 Aug 2007, 08:03:15 pm
its going to be like that for the rest of the season we can only hope our defence stays strong and we get some mistakes in the play offs
haven till i die

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #16 on: 19 Aug 2007, 08:04:49 pm
We'll be lucky to get past Fax in the playoffs.
They could and possibly should've beaten us all four times we've played them

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #17 on: 19 Aug 2007, 08:13:18 pm
'Halifax could and should have beaten us 4 times' ???

I can't believe you said that !!!!!!!!

There are NO lucky results in RL ... wins are hard earned.

Some may not be pretty or crowd pleasing, but earned none the less.

Suggest you go onto the Halifax site and ask them who are the better and more deserving team over the 4 matches.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #18 on: 19 Aug 2007, 08:22:32 pm
of course there are lucky results in rugby league as there are lucky results in everything luck is a part of life
is it not lucky if a player nocks a ball on over the line but the referee doesnt see so he awards the try?
haven till i die

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #19 on: 19 Aug 2007, 08:43:33 pm
The point I try to make is that the match is a tactical and physical challenge lasting 80 mins involving 34 platyers, your example covers an activity lasting a split second.

The losing team in your example lost the game over 80 mins, the split second knock on only contributed to the loss.

Over 4 games Halifax lost  the 4 games because over each 80 min period they did not score as many points as Whitehaven..... didn't defend as well as us, OR were not as fit as us, OR didn't have the tactics OR the players to beat us etc.

Its not luck, as most losing coaches would confirm.

Point made !
« Last Edit: 19 Aug 2007, 09:13:32 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #20 on: 19 Aug 2007, 09:27:51 pm
We desperately need a change of tactics if we're going to do anything in the playoffs.
We seem to be playing less and less as a team as the weeks go by.
I hope i'm proved wrong.
The team needs some life injected into it.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #21 on: 19 Aug 2007, 09:44:47 pm
The point I try to make is that the match is a tactical and physical challenge lasting 80 mins involving 34 platyers, your example covers an activity lasting a split second.

The losing team in your example lost the game over 80 mins, the split second knock on only contributed to the loss.

Over 4 games Halifax lost  the 4 games because over each 80 min period they did not score as many points as Whitehaven..... didn't defend as well as us, OR were not as fit as us, OR didn't have the tactics OR the players to beat us etc.

Its not luck, as most losing coaches would confirm.

Point made !

ok so say both team had played equally well and are drawing near the end and the scenario that i described comes into play is that not good luck for the team that wins and bad luck for the team that loses? what about the bounce of the ball if it bounces into an opposing players arms when the fullback goes for it is that not bad luck for the fullback and a LUCKY bounce for the opposing player?  if a kick goes through and hits the sticks and a team scores(like what happened when we played widnes) is that not lucky?or if somebody is taking a conversion an hits the post it goes over lucky it misses bad luck ?

i am not saying we were lucky to beat fax or anything like that i am just saying in rugby(and all other sports) luck comes into it at some point
haven till i die

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #22 on: 20 Aug 2007, 09:53:38 am
they sliped in that left hand side again, good to see scott maca getting a run out tho we deffo need him in the playoffs.