HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

what a performance

popularsider

Reply #15 on: 03 Sep 2007, 12:07:20 am
best atmosphere ive heard all seasont today to be honest,

and i think there was more than 2500 there today i think stevie wonder has been counting are gates again  ;) :D

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 03 Sep 2007, 07:30:39 am
110% effort today, but not quite good enough. Top performance this season i think, up there with teh Catalan game. We had the chances but not quite the composure to take them.

The 2 penalties we could have kicked!!and the daft try in 2nd half,when we should have kicked ball dead cost us.

But a huge pat on the back to all 17 just.

Is Baldwin really worth his place in that team in front of Teare? . I think not, anyone else care to comment.

TW

hindsight is a wonderful thing!
the 2 penalties we could have kicked came at a time where we were well on top and had huge momentum, so probably the right choice not to kick them, however, its the same old problems for us.....

1. will we EVER learn? Tackling around the head is an offence and we WILL be penalsied for it.

2. we lack ideas when we get within 10-15 metres of the opposition line, we need an OUTSTANDING half back.

the second half,as someone else said, had it been a boxing match surely would have been stopped! we were fantastic until the last 10 metres or so!

we just couldnt get the try to nudge us in front,when i think widnes would have folded, fair play to them for holding out for so much of the half, conceding the try right after we had got back to 16-12 was the killer blow, it just knocked us off our stride for a few minutes.

"Is Baldwin really worth his place in that team in front of Teare?", if it had been anyone else but teare i would have said no, but as flapper only seems to be interested against the likes of batley and dewsbury, it would be just swapping like for like!!

more the point is baldwin worth his spot in front of anyone?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #17 on: 03 Sep 2007, 09:34:39 am
best atmosphere ive heard all seasont today to be honest,

and i think there was more than 2500 there today i think stevie wonder has been counting are gates again  ;) :D

;D  8)

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #18 on: 03 Sep 2007, 10:23:18 am
110% effort today, but not quite good enough. Top performance this season i think, up there with teh Catalan game. We had the chances but not quite the composure to take them.

The 2 penalties we could have kicked!!and the daft try in 2nd half,when we should have kicked ball dead cost us.

But a huge pat on the back to all 17 just.

Is Baldwin really worth his place in that team in front of Teare? . I think not, anyone else care to comment.

TW

hindsight is a wonderful thing!
the 2 penalties we could have kicked came at a time where we were well on top and had huge momentum, so probably the right choice not to kick them, however, its the same old problems for us.....

1. will we EVER learn? Tackling around the head is an offence and we WILL be penalsied for it.

2. we lack ideas when we get within 10-15 metres of the opposition line, we need an OUTSTANDING half back.

the second half,as someone else said, had it been a boxing match surely would have been stopped! we were fantastic until the last 10 metres or so!

we just couldnt get the try to nudge us in front,when i think widnes would have folded, fair play to them for holding out for so much of the half, conceding the try right after we had got back to 16-12 was the killer blow, it just knocked us off our stride for a few minutes.

"Is Baldwin really worth his place in that team in front of Teare?", if it had been anyone else but teare i would have said no, but as flapper only seems to be interested against the likes of batley and dewsbury, it would be just swapping like for like!!

more the point is baldwin worth his spot in front of anyone?

Thats maybe so, but Widnes had one kickable penalty in our half and took the 2 points, they knew how tight the game was going to be, did we not. Also if we had taken the one late in the first half, we would have had possession back, instead we turn over ball and they score.

TW

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #19 on: 03 Sep 2007, 01:34:21 pm
Seedsy should have passed the ball out to calvert instead of dummying and IMO i think we played better without Duffy today
Good effort from the lads if we only could have crossed over the line and had a better ref for both sides

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #20 on: 03 Sep 2007, 02:30:29 pm
Seedsy should have passed the ball out to calvert instead of dummying and IMO i think we played better without Duffy today
Good effort from the lads if we only could have crossed over the line and had a better ref for both sides

duffy was a huge miss yesterday, too often the ball from rudd to anyone was too slow or looped giving widnes the chance to close us down before we got chance to try a play!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #21 on: 03 Sep 2007, 04:13:49 pm
I  think  with  Duffy  in  the  side  we  would  have  beaten  them.  Biggest  problem  was  we  couldn't  turn  possession  into  points  and  we  could  have  done  with  Duffy's  creative  spark.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #22 on: 03 Sep 2007, 05:25:03 pm

duffy was a huge miss yesterday, too often the ball from rudd to anyone was too slow or looped giving widnes the chance to close us down before we got chance to try a play!

Well maybe so but Duffy does exactly the same as Rudd and can easly be resolved

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 03 Sep 2007, 05:44:48 pm
rudd is real slow. That crap inside ball he does, its useless and usually get one of ours players hammered into the ground. Hes much better when hes attacking the line. Poor Dave Rotherham just doesnt have the quality to work with. Great effort tho, well done lads
« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2007, 05:48:30 pm by Bora18 »