HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

what a performance

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
on: 02 Sep 2007, 05:01:16 pm
what a brave effort that was from the lads but we should have won. if only seeds had passed to calvert instead of dummying. i thought windows were really rattled. WELL DONE
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Haven Haven!

• Academy Signing
Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2007, 05:04:42 pm
What A Game Today!
Last 20 Minutes Whitehaven Were Imense!
Missed Duffy Today Tho!
Well Done Lads :)

Vikki xX

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2007, 05:39:47 pm
yea seeds should have give the ball

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 02 Sep 2007, 05:49:28 pm
excellent performance today boys well in

Offline HavenWarrior

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 02 Sep 2007, 06:13:37 pm
110% effort today, but not quite good enough. Top performance this season i think, up there with teh Catalan game. We had the chances but not quite the composure to take them.

The 2 penalties we could have kicked!!and the daft try in 2nd half,when we should have kicked ball dead cost us.

But a huge pat on the back to all 17 just.

Is Baldwin really worth his place in that team in front of Teare? . I think not, anyone else care to comment.

TW

Offline From the Jam Butty Mines

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 02 Sep 2007, 06:21:32 pm
With all that possesion and territory Haven should have won but we were unable to breakdown a solid defence. Ref was bad for both sides but Widnes were more clinical when presented with chances.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 02 Sep 2007, 06:38:13 pm
Great  effort.  I was  getting  really  worried  after  10   minutes.  We  gave  to  many  pens  away  and  some  daft  passes  as  well.

2nd  half  tho  was  awesome  and  had  it  been  a  boxing  match  the  fight  would  have  been  stopped.  I   lost  count  the  amount  of  times  we  were  tackled  just  short  of  the  line.  Leroy  MOTM  but  had  Duffy  been  playing  he  may  well  have  held  the  key  to  breaking  the  Widnes  line  more  often.

We  now  have  to  go  to  Eagles  for  a  must  win  game  to  keep  3rd  but  on  this  showing  I  think  we  can  make  a  real  push  in  the  playoffs. 

When  I  was  walking  past  the  changing  rooms  at  the  end  of  the  game  Steve  Mac  was  remenstrating  with  a  steward  about  an  old  bloke  being  in  his  way  as  he  was  going  to  the  dressing  rooms. Just  one  look  on  his  face  showed  signs  of  a  very  worried  man, "  month's  ago  Widnes  looked  cast  for  SL  but  not  anymore.  Cas  seem  certain  to  take  the title  and  playoff  advantage  and  Widnes's  big  money  signings  on  this  showing  might  be  all  in  vain.

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #7 on: 02 Sep 2007, 07:35:01 pm
amazing performance today form the lads well done haven you should be proud, i was  ;D
and i also thought that widnes gave us a far more easier game than cas did
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 02 Sep 2007, 08:22:09 pm
Just a reply to Haven Warriors post. Yes a  real passionate effort by the team despite a spate of inconsistent refereeing decisions. I certainly agree with you about Baldwin he is a plodder with nothing to offer. I don't think Scott Teare is the answer unless we can find a dormant mean streak in him ( he just does't play his weight) I have watched the recording of   the Cas game twice and I think Mark  Jackson had a massive game. It's therefore hard to understand why DR would chose to give Mark 20 mins or so game time yet Keep Baldwin on for most of the game

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 02 Sep 2007, 08:52:11 pm
simple mate

rotherham signed him there for has to prove the signing is a good one for the team thats why he keeps him on

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #10 on: 02 Sep 2007, 08:59:46 pm
Good game today, entertaining as ever we were our own worst enemy at times yet more dodgy reffing especially in the second half when you kept the ball in play and we gathered it up only to be dragged in to touch yet we still got the feed? Great effort Haven well played!

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 02 Sep 2007, 10:34:56 pm
Poor  attendance today. About  2500  was  given  out  but  it  really  should  have  been  4000+.

Maybe  Widnes  fans  realised that its  Cas who  are going  to  end  up  NL1  champs  so  they  thought  why  bother  and  decided  not  to  make  the  journey

..............or  could  it  be  a  sign  there  losing  faith  in  their  team............... :o :o

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #12 on: 02 Sep 2007, 11:04:18 pm
I thought it wasn't a bad turn out considering the league was won when cas beat us, as for losing faith never  ;D

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #13 on: 02 Sep 2007, 11:16:40 pm
I thought it wasn't a bad turn out considering the league was won when cas beat us, as for losing faith never  ;D

Maybe Chris.  If  Widnes  were  leading  NL1  then  they  would  have brought  up  another  500  at  least.

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #14 on: 02 Sep 2007, 11:35:25 pm
Possibly, I thought we filled behind the sticks up nicely, I remember there being more Haven fans on the side terrace last year though, must admit the noise you created throughout the match was good. took my kids to their 2nd ever match today, see I am doing my bit for the future of our beloved game  ;D