HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

team for sunday

Guest · 41 · 2377

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #30 on: 02 Sep 2007, 07:45:29 pm
imo aaron smith was immense today in defence.

leroy was my man of the match he was superb

Agree but we needed a natural SH that would have complimented him.....Not saying Bamber would have done better but he certainly couldnt have done worse.No wonder this talent will not re-sign for next season.

OUR LOSS WORKY'S GAIN......

There's no way that Bainbridge could have done any better than the Leroy/Rudd pairing today. If the academy players give this me-me attitude instead of waiting their turn then they can sod off to town for all I care

You obviously aint got a clue about RL have you....Bamber is a natural SH and knows when to kick and when to run which is what we lacked today.
Where did i say Bamber would have done better ?????? I said he would have done no worse.
To play a player out of position at a players expense is as much as telling him he is not rated.

Why do think that, is it because I didn't think you're favourite player shouldn't have been playing

You said he wouldn't have done any worse, which I disagree with. Last time I saw him play at this level he found the full backs throat with his kicks. Today was not the right game for the lad, neither is Thursday night, or any of the playoffs, I would rather have two half backs with experience

He will get his turn if he waits, if he doesn't want to, then fine

Once again you talk out of your harris, Bamber is not my favourite player infact he is a long way back in the list of fav players for me.
Rudd is not a SH and is a poor player fullstop but he gets his chance, Whereas bamber has to wait and wait and wait till finally his career is finished all because our great club dont want another club signing him.

For the record i played Union at Moresby with Marc and know what he is capable of where you my friend know nothing of the lad.
If the club do not want him why not let him go on loan to Barrow or Town and why are they begging him to re-sign ???
1 Question ??? Who is the stand out player for the Academy ????

Bamber had his chance this season and didn't play well enough to keep his place in the team, he will get his chance again next season, or the season after, because he is playing well in the academy, if he is prepared to wait for his chance. But we need experience for these next 2, hopefully more games, which is why I would leave him out for now

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 02 Sep 2007, 07:51:19 pm

Agree but we needed a natural SH that would have complimented him.....Not saying Bamber would have done better but he certainly couldnt have done worse.No wonder this talent will not re-sign for next season.

There's no way that Bainbridge could have done any better than the Leroy/Rudd pairing today. If the academy players give this me-me attitude instead of waiting their turn then they can sod off to town for all I care

You obviously aint got a clue about RL have you....Bamber is a natural SH and knows when to kick and when to run which is what we lacked today.
Where did i say Bamber would have done better ?????? I said he would have done no worse.
To play a player out of position at a players expense is as much as telling him he is not rated.

Why do think that, is it because I didn't think you're favourite player shouldn't have been playing

You said he wouldn't have done any worse, which I disagree with. Last time I saw him play at this level he found the full backs throat with his kicks. Today was not the right game for the lad, neither is Thursday night, or any of the playoffs, I would rather have two half backs with experience

Once again you talk out of your harris, Bamber is not my favourite player infact he is a long way back in the list of fav players for me.
Rudd is not a SH and is a poor player fullstop but he gets his chance, Whereas bamber has to wait and wait and wait till finally his career is finished all because our great club dont want another club signing him.

For the record i played Union at Moresby with Marc and know what he is capable of where you my friend know nothing of the lad.
If the club do not want him why not let him go on loan to Barrow or Town and why are they begging him to re-sign ???

Bamber had his chance this season and didn't play well enough to keep his place in the team, he will get his chance again next season, or the season after, because he is playing well in the academy, if he is prepared to wait for his chance. But we need experience for these next 2, hopefully more games, which is why I would leave him out for now

Had we another SH i would agree with you but we are playing players out of position and putting his nose out.
I seen to remember people saying he was out of his depth aginst Halifax and he was one of the best player we had that day.
When is he gonna gwet his experience if the coach will not trust him ?????

We missed out on young Dalton to Town as he seen what is happening at our club and other top youngsters will follow suit.

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 02 Sep 2007, 07:53:37 pm
craig mcavoy is the stand out player in the academy  ;)

I disagree....Bamber is the stand out but Macca is not far behind.  its all about opinions

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 02 Sep 2007, 07:58:26 pm

Had we another SH i would agree with you but we are playing players out of position and putting his nose out.
I seen to remember people saying he was out of his depth aginst Halifax and he was one of the best player we had that day.

We missed out on young Dalton to Town as he seen what is happening at our club and other top youngsters will follow suit.

This thing called the Northern Rail Cup should be useful for match experience

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 02 Sep 2007, 08:30:05 pm

This thing called the Northern Rail Cup should be useful for match experience

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one

Again i agree with you about the northern rail BUT this season he chose Rudd again and left Bamber out.
Surely you canm see the pattewrn developing

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 03 Sep 2007, 06:34:57 am
If you think that Rudd is so useless then I would suggest that it's you that doesn't know what you are talking about. Week in, week out Rudd delivers and if you speak to the fans & coaches of other clubs in NL1 they will tell you the same - they would have Rudd in their team.

If Bainbridge doesn't want to sign a new contract then that's his call but Town or wherever he goes will have to pay a transfer fee

Offline Ryan

• First Team Backup
Reply #36 on: 03 Sep 2007, 09:38:27 am
shavenhaven if you think Rudd is useless then i think you know nothing about RL Rudd and leroy were our best players yesterday and to play someone with no experience against a team like Widnes is just asking for trouble. I think you need to take off your rose tinted glasses and see that Bainbridge just isn't ready for NL1 yet.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 03 Sep 2007, 12:26:39 pm
Rudd and leroy had a great game, i think tho i would have put scot in at center.we need a couple of big forwards and get shot of banister.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #38 on: 03 Sep 2007, 01:40:13 pm
I thought Rudd and Leroy played excellent today they were my men of the match ! if bamber was playing i think they would have trampled all over him , he's not ready for our team yet he should keep playing in academy then he will get his spot !!

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #39 on: 03 Sep 2007, 02:48:39 pm
yeah bamber just isnt ready to play NL1 especially against a team like widnes he would have been targeted by the big men all day long which would have tired him out and made him just about usless in attack hes one for the future but he will have to wait till then
haven till i die

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #40 on: 03 Sep 2007, 09:53:53 pm
thought leroy at scrum half was are best player yesterday. I have watched bamber play alot and he just isnt upto first team standard yet  he is  to small against the rams on the tv he looked out of place . Maybe if he has a big off season he might be better