HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Get Lester Back

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 02 Sep 2007, 11:02:37 pm
We  need  someome  to  organise  things  and  this  Thursday  we  have  a  tough  game  in  an  attempt  to  get  3rd  spot.

I  would  get  Aaron  back  ASAP.  His  presence  on  the  field  would  worth  a  try  at  least.  To  persist  with  Baldwin  when  we  have  a  true  legend  is  a  disgrace.

If  Rotherham  has  any  sense  then he'll  pull  a  master  stroke  and  get  the  great  man  back  and  give  the  dressing  room  and  its  fans  1  massive  lift. ;)

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2007, 11:28:41 pm
he is on trial at penrith mate and lester and dr dont see eye to eye so i cant see it happening

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2007, 12:03:11 am
he is on trial at penrith mate and lester and dr dont see eye to eye so i cant see it happening

Pity............Lester is 10 times better than Baldwin and if DR can't see that then there must be something wrong with the bloke :o

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 04 Sep 2007, 12:12:34 am
I know we haven't a cat in hell's chance of him coming back, but we really need his organising skills.
There's nobody to match him in terms of getting the team moving.

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 04 Sep 2007, 07:14:29 am
I know we haven't a cat in hell's chance of him coming back, but we really need his organising skills.
There's nobody to match him in terms of getting the team moving.

Exactly. Just a pity him and DR couldn't kiss and make up. His shear presence on the pitch would give the lads a massive lift.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #5 on: 04 Sep 2007, 10:08:30 pm
What's Arron waiting for then, an invite,......... the wheels to fall off...........Dave Rotherham to go ........it's no use saying 'they don't get on'.... Rotherham and everyone else knows how valuable Lester is and DR would certainly welcome him back .... but players are not bigger than the club................even the brilliant New Zealander.

Arron Lester should be playing and not Baldwin (given Baldwins present performances). But if he will not make himself available then it's no use blaming DR, he has a team of players to look after........ AL would be welcomed back ....... if he wanted to play for 'haven. It's he who has said he wanted to finish at the season end anyway, and nolonger wanted to travel away.

One of the best players ever to pull on a Whitehaven shirt is now part of the past ...... unless HE wants to come back. 

Don't go on about it, it's been AL's decision, and only he can justify it ....... but h doesn't have to ..... he's moved onto something new and different........ life goes on without him.

Offline Future

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 07 May 2008, 07:48:12 pm
JUST  HEARD LESTER HAS RE SIGNED TODAY UNTILL THE END OF THIS SEASON

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 07 May 2008, 08:35:01 pm
JUST  HEARD LESTER HAS RE SIGNED TODAY UNTILL THE END OF THIS SEASON

My  word. Were  did  you  dig  this  thread  from.  You  must  have  gone  through  the  archives.  I  hope  your  right  though. It would be great to see  him  back. He left under  a  cloud  but  we  need  a  leader  on  the  field  and  he  gives  us  that :)

Offline haven09

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #8 on: 07 May 2008, 10:05:27 pm
lester held talks last saturday of the morning of the reserve grade game

as of today he was undecided weather to play or join the coaching staff

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 08 May 2008, 08:39:21 am
Why not playing and coaching?

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 08 May 2008, 08:48:18 am