HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Duffy

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
on: 03 Sep 2007, 04:23:11 pm
Heard today that the board have agreed to Duffys' request to be released from the final year of his contract and he has signed for Halifax.

Can anyone throw any light on this as to its truth or not.

Also has Maden re-signed for Leigh????

popularsider

Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2007, 04:37:20 pm
maden has gone back to leigh he did want to stay here but his girlfriend found travelling up to watch steve was to much and he has decided to head back there

as for duffy i was told yesterday by a board member he would be here next season partnering are new aussie stand off rob jackson is also here next season

aaron smith and simon baldwin wont be they are being released also heard ricky wright will be released aswell

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2007, 04:44:32 pm
maden has gone back to leigh he did want to stay here but his girlfriend found travelling up to watch steve was to much and he has decided to head back there

as for duffy i was told yesterday by a board member he would be here next season partnering are new aussie stand off rob jackson is also here next season

aaron smith and simon baldwin wont be they are being released also heard ricky wright will be released aswell

If  Maden's  wife  found  it  hard  all  the  travelling  then  why  bother watching  him  them.......just stop at home

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2007, 05:38:11 pm
probably because she likes to watch him playing but maybe she has got fed up coming up here every other week

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 03 Sep 2007, 05:46:19 pm
If Maden has signed for Leigh we need to think long and hard about bringing in two new wingers or more if possible. Maden has been our best winger for years and will be missed massively, Calvert is only in the team for his speed and ability to rack up the points but other than that he is a waste of space hasnt got a rugby mind, Lebbon should have played this year IMO not as fast as calvert but his all round game is miles better. Eilbeck isnt a winger and neither are our other centres, Jackson, Macca and seeds etc.

Offline hawkeye

• Academy Signing
Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2007, 05:48:24 pm
Simon Baldwin's being released? Good luck to the unfortunate club who inherit this forward with no go forward and a heart the size of a pea. He must be in the top three of the worst signings ever made by the club, and should serve as a reminder to the club that waiting until mid season before strengthening the squad just does not work. Disinterested journey men like Baldwin are invariably the only affordable players available at this stage of the season.  Thank goodness he's only with us for a few games!

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 03 Sep 2007, 05:50:24 pm
yea i agree hes a legend

popularsider

Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2007, 06:07:27 pm
imo i would try and sign nicky beech from barrow very fast winger can defend aswell

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #8 on: 03 Sep 2007, 06:17:54 pm
knock calvert again say he is only in the team cause he racks up the points lol!

what u want him to do just not score?
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 03 Sep 2007, 07:52:23 pm
to be honest i think we have had too many travelling players, meaning we only train as a full team on saturdays due to travellers, and others being on the wrong shift, the year we won the league we had 1 traveller nanyn

i would let maden, duffy, rob jacko(cant see him wanting to stop if the other 2 go)go along with smith and baldwin so thats  8 going including trindall and seeds and wright if he goes

i would be happy if we got 6 replacements as long as they lived here, rumours of the assuie half back and athe kiwi prop so theres 2 both supposed to be none quota

id get a top class assuie center as our quota place to partner scott maca plus 3 others 2 forwards and a back to move here like fletch did

so i think we should be aiming for this

1. broadbent/ benson
2 calvert/ lancaster
3.scot maca/ eillbeck
4. assuie center/ craig maca
5.another winger(not sure who)
6. craig maca/rudd
7.rossi/bamber
8.fats/ford/another
9.matty/sice
10 edmundson/ jacko
11 miller/ barker/another
12fletch/ shackley/scott maca
13.rudd/joe

subs and squad

hill
pobs
teare
shaw

that gives us 29 players all capable of playing first team rather than 35/6 some of who take up cash but have little chance of playing first team
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline haven hora

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 03 Sep 2007, 10:25:01 pm
here we go again knock craig best winger at the club in years by far records speak for themselves even his defencive record check it better defensivly than madden on stats cant argue facts ppl

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 03 Sep 2007, 11:58:10 pm
My main problem with Calvert is the amount of times he's caught out by kicks over his head.
He should be taught to start on the touchline and move in to catch the kicks and that is down to coaching or lack of it.