HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

rotheram

popularsider

Reply #30 on: 05 Sep 2007, 06:02:02 pm
steve he does not talk to the academy lads i know this as fact as i know  alot of them,

it is a fact half of the squad do not like rotherham

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 05 Sep 2007, 10:38:30 pm
Besides the fact, not many employee's like there boss {academy lads not liking DR}, i would imagine he would talk to the ones that had shown they have a bit of talent for the future?? There would be no point in talking to the others that make up the numbers as there is little prospect they are going places??

on a different note!

It think there is a lot of delusional people around. I cant see how even the best coach in the world would make much difference with the current side. The other two teams are fulltime teams so have the money for better players and to pay them to train fulltime and not work. To come third 2 years running is all that can be expected of DR??
To get into second spot or win th GF would take a heap of guts, luck with the bounce of the ball, luck with the ref and some unexpected tactics. Thats a lot to come together in the one high pressure final game.
Like most things in life "he with the most money, usually wins". There is always the chance, but its a slim one.

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #32 on: 06 Sep 2007, 06:31:40 am
Daniel Anderson or Brian Noble would not have coached the current squad into Super League

justonelilpoint

Reply #33 on: 06 Sep 2007, 07:47:16 am
Im not sure thats true Lee, we've come extrelmley close to beating Widnes home and away, were holding our own at Cas for long while and should have won at home.Which to me shows we arent that far off the full time teams.
Despite the squad we've got we simply havent played well enough, So what if we'd been playing slightly better rugby ,different tactics ? Kicking for calvert like some have said ? He's certainly not the best motivator of players and quite a few of the players have said that
So who knows what a different coach would have done !
Thing is a coach isnt just there to coach, Steve Mac assembled a excellent squad ,so its about recruitment too. and who knows if maybe a good stand off or a rugged prop may have pushed us on that bit further ?
Yeah i agree DR may have asked for certain players and been turned down etc, But surely our finances are better now than they were 5 years back ?
Regardless of all this we could go round and round for ever more asking is he the right guy for next season.What we have now is a situation where some fans simply arent happy.You will never change  views of some fans and if they ultimately stay away from games because we not playing well can the club afford that ?
Player power often forces coaches out as we've seen, Fan power can do the same money lost at turnstiles must surely be a worry!!
I'll be there next season whoever the coach is and what ever the result and performance, Not everyone is the same and we need everyone pulling in same direction,
« Last Edit: 06 Sep 2007, 04:37:22 pm by justonelilpoint »

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #34 on: 06 Sep 2007, 09:12:12 am
very good post