HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Eagles v Haven - Your reaction?

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #15 on: 06 Sep 2007, 09:42:34 pm
5 players missing and 4 days rest will come in to it, it has too, you had 80 mins against a full time squad and came within 6 points then 4 days rest for part time players is no time for recovery from that, you will be a different team come the playoff

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 06 Sep 2007, 09:45:51 pm
3 things  worked  against  us.
1)  Only  4  days  rest  after  a  tough  Widnes  game  whilst  Eagles  got  almost  a  weeks  rest
2) too  many  injuries  prior  to  the  game  and  a  few  playing  that  weren't  100%
3)  Referee  making  a  diabolical  call  which  led  to  their  1st  try.  The  RFL  should  carpet  him  big  style.

We  got  the  bonus  point  but  still  need  Donny  to  beat  Fax  which  I  can't  see.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #17 on: 06 Sep 2007, 09:51:06 pm
This game just proves how our season has been, a couple of good games, lets hope we can fix this set up for next season.

Offline JamEater

• Academy Star
  • I am watching YOU marra ! Be Warned !
Reply #18 on: 06 Sep 2007, 10:55:29 pm
The worst thing about us looking Rubbish tonight is the fact that Sheffield looked utter rubbish too? But they still beat us.Even the commentators sounded like they were bored ****tless watching it. It's getting harder and harder for me to have any interest in this club any longer. I use to be fanatical. Now I honestly could not give a flying duck if I never see them play again. What as happened to pride in the club and the shirt. This was a important game. and again we never ever looked like wanting it. I said at the beginning of the season. Who the hell is Dave Rotherham, I said later get shot of the clown. Now I could not give a toss if he stays or goes. Because I have decided to go. I have Lost heart, Lost faith in Haven.   :-[

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #19 on: 06 Sep 2007, 11:15:11 pm
forget 5 players missing
forget only 4 days rest

what was rudd doing from the scrum, we have never done it all season and if you do kick from the scrum you kick deep not a chip over

the buck stops with DR and im afraid his time is up  

BKM,  you have defended DR all season saying it was the players, do not blame him  etc....

Why the sudden change of heart ???

This was no different to the final IMHO, no idea, no plan everyone looking at someone else to do the work.
DR has got to carry the blame here.  He selected the team, decided who to "rest" and who should play.

We had 1 goal tonight, secure 3rd place for play offs, so our strongest available 17 should have been there.....was it ?????

PK

your right i have defended him but no longer, think we need a fresh start, were too preditable and no passion

well done bkm, at least you have the balls to admit a change of heart, there will still be some, unfotunately this will include board members, who think ditherham is the way forward, but sadly as we have seen all season he is not the man for our club

he came from st helens as right hand man to a world champion club, he has never, apart from bannister, gone back to saints to fetch players who he must have known were capable of doing a job for us in this league!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

popularsider

Reply #20 on: 06 Sep 2007, 11:24:17 pm
he was ian millward and daniel andersons water carrier thats all he was he took charge of 4 saints games and won 3 or something because he had world class players i could st.helens and look good with that team.

get shot of him and baldwin

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #21 on: 07 Sep 2007, 12:37:51 am
5 players missing and 4 days rest will come in to it, it has too, you had 80 mins against a full time squad and came within 6 points then 4 days rest for part time players is no time for recovery from that, you will be a different team come the playoff

glad somebody is optimistic(widnes fan)

Offline Iddy

• Academy Signing
Reply #22 on: 07 Sep 2007, 09:12:52 am
Jameter - have to agree with your comments mate. I signed up for setanta last week and watched couple of cracking NRL games. The trouble is, when I came to watch the Haven game last night I was all for turning it off after 30 minutes - absolute rubbish. I watched the second half on fast forward just to get it over and done with.  There have been too many gutless performances this season and like you I am losing my enthusiasm for the club.

Rugby is a team game and those players looked like a team of strangers - no tactics, no cutting edge, players getting in each others way, no running off the ball, no passion .... I could go on and on.

I think the game gave a good reflection of the quality of the current Haven side and the coaching setup. I am afraid its simply not good enough. Time to think about ringing the changes for next season.

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #23 on: 07 Sep 2007, 09:17:33 am
Can I have my pound back please ;)

quater past midnight I got back after that shambles, god knows what time the bus got back. Sheffield were nowt, I hope Halifax get beat because we will hammer Sheffield up here

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #24 on: 07 Sep 2007, 09:21:40 am
forget 5 players missing
forget only 4 days rest

what was rudd doing from the scrum, we have never done it all season and if you do kick from the scrum you kick deep not a chip over

the buck stops with DR and im afraid his time is up  

From where I was sat in the stand the chip over was the percentage call. If he had cleared the Sheffield winger either Seeds or Calvert would ahve got the ball & probably scored.

A deep kick would have probably been covered by Sheffield

Offline WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #25 on: 07 Sep 2007, 10:25:08 am
shocking

let the fans down big style this year and its all the muppet rotherhams fault this guy must go now hes dragging us into our grave

but our b.o.d dont care what we think do they well guess what the fans of whitehaven rlfc  is getting smaller and we pay your wages now do ya job and sack rotherham make us all happy

fingers crossed

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #26 on: 07 Sep 2007, 10:42:20 am
In general is was just an awful performance. We never once looked like we could break through. No Creativity at all and at one point we had Baldwin and Wright as Second Rows, everytime either of them touch the ball that's the end of that play. The squad selection was very questionnable, Scott McAvoy is wasted as a centre, he never gets any ball out there. He is one player who in Second Row is capable of breaking through and making something happen but he never really got into the game. With Duffy most likely out for the season surely after yesterday he has to play Bainbridge against Leigh and put Leroy back at 13.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #27 on: 07 Sep 2007, 10:58:09 am
In general we've not played like a good team all season apart from a couple of games. changes are needed before more fans are lost and no money to get players.

Offline havenbeachbum

• Academy Star
Reply #28 on: 07 Sep 2007, 02:44:01 pm
Popularsider you are spot on with your assessment of our forwards but I would add Steve Trindall to the list with Teare, Baldwin and Wright. OK you can't fault him for effort and he at least tackles but he is another plodder and well past his sell by date and should go and join the other old bulls in the pasture. If you put the 4 of them inside a large paper bag and went back a week later they would be still there cos there isn't one of them capable of bursting the bag. You can see it I can see it why can't Dr see it

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #29 on: 07 Sep 2007, 02:56:17 pm
havenbeachbum your spot on about trindal he does try but to be quota player you need to be class and he just isnt