HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Eagles v Haven - Your reaction?

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 07 Sep 2007, 04:25:11 pm
With Duffy most likely out for the season surely after yesterday he has to play Bainbridge against Leigh and put Leroy back at 13.

why the hell should bamber play he isnt good enough to play in this league yet we saw that against dewsbury
haven till i die

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #31 on: 07 Sep 2007, 04:47:46 pm
Popularsider you are spot on with your assessment of our forwards but I would add Steve Trindall to the list with Teare, Baldwin and Wright. OK you can't fault him for effort and he at least tackles but he is another plodder and well past his sell by date and should go and join the other old bulls in the pasture. If you put the 4 of them inside a large paper bag and went back a week later they would be still there cos there isn't one of them capable of bursting the bag. You can see it I can see it why can't Dr see it

Haha i think most people on the paddock would not what to be hit hard by Bull , even now. Because of the lack of money Haven has to spend on money, it does not get to play the same type of football as a fulltime team! How many players do you see doing 20 minutes on and 20 off? Till haven can afford to pay a whole team properly it is always going to be a hard to beak into the top two consistently.
Look at the bright side, you always have more hunger when your the underdog! 

Besides, it ain't over till the fat lady sings.

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #32 on: 07 Sep 2007, 04:58:57 pm
With Duffy most likely out for the season surely after yesterday he has to play Bainbridge against Leigh and put Leroy back at 13.

why the hell should bamber play he isnt good enough to play in this league yet we saw that against dewsbury

Half the team are not good enough for this league we have saw that against Widnes x3 Cas x2 Leigh Doncaster Sheffild.
Bamber proved against Halifax he was good enough but he needs games to get his confidence.
Duffy is no1 Scrum half if he is injured Bamber should play as he would do no worse than others are doing.

Rudd played his heart out but is not a 7.

Offline recregoer

• Academy Star
Reply #33 on: 07 Sep 2007, 05:07:05 pm

How is he ever going to become good enough though. How do we really know he's not good enough from the 3 games he's played. We have 2 Scrum Halves at the club in Duffy and Bainbridge, surely then when Duffy is injured Bainbridge is the player who would come in to play, last week would maybe have been chucking him in against a side above his level but last night was the perfect chance to give him a go especially as creativity is starting to become a big issue throughout the side.

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #34 on: 07 Sep 2007, 05:23:15 pm

How is he ever going to become good enough though. How do we really know he's not good enough from the 3 games he's played. We have 2 Scrum Halves at the club in Duffy and Bainbridge, surely then when Duffy is injured Bainbridge is the player who would come in to play, last week would maybe have been chucking him in against a side above his level but last night was the perfect chance to give him a go especially as creativity is starting to become a big issue throughout the side.

well said that man ;D

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #35 on: 07 Sep 2007, 05:47:19 pm
i think playing him against sheffield and especially against leigh would be above hes level and say did win against leigh would he play against fax and if we beat them would he play against widnes or cas?
haven till i die

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #36 on: 07 Sep 2007, 05:56:21 pm
i think playing him against sheffield and especially against leigh would be above hes level and say did win against leigh would he play against fax and if we beat them would he play against widnes or cas?
He certainly played well enough against Fax earlier in the season and they are definitely a better team than Sheffield and Leigh ,so how you can say they're both above his abilities is beyond me, if you're good enough your old enough. It showed last night when we offered absolutely nothing creative (other than lets get down Sheffields end of the field hope for a mistake or just rely on kicks to make them panic), that he should have been in.

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #37 on: 07 Sep 2007, 06:03:21 pm

If we win those games and Duffy is still injured then yes he should play against Widnes or Cas.
Like i said in an earlier post he played superb against Fax and Town but did not do well against Dewsbury But we still won that game.
so he has played in 3 and won 3 not a bad return for a lad who is not good enough

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #38 on: 07 Sep 2007, 09:49:12 pm

If we win those games and Duffy is still injured then yes he should play against Widnes or Cas.
Like i said in an earlier post he played superb against Fax and Town but did not do well against Dewsbury But we still won that game.
so he has played in 3 and won 3 not a bad return for a lad who is not good enough

People would trample all over him though, he aint good enough yet !

That penalty made by the ref which led to their first try was an utter disgrace it gave them confidence going into the second half !

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #39 on: 07 Sep 2007, 10:01:49 pm

People would trample all over him though, he aint good enough yet !

That penalty made by the ref which led to their first try was an utter disgrace it gave them confidence going into the second half !

They didn't trample all over him against halifax, look at our team now we are getting trampled on by lesser teams so why not play him.
Rudd will try his heart out but he is not a 7 we need a 7 on the pitch who knows when to kick and when to run.
we were clueless in this dept on thursday and it showed carl is not a 7 although he was my M.O.M for his effort alone.

Rudd isn't a 7 and it showed so if you don't want Bamber to play who do you want at 7 ?????

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #40 on: 07 Sep 2007, 10:39:54 pm
i would rather have rudd or leroy in at 7 bamber is nowhere near ready to play in the national league he may be able to kick (sometimes) but can he take the game by the scruff of the neck and provide a platform for haven to grind out the win like your scrum half has to sometimes? i dont think so. its not just as simple as being able to kick at the right time its organising the team telling the players where and when to run putting set plays on. i was told by an academy lad that when jacko and others played in an academy match jacko was raging with bamber because he just kept going the same way and was doing nothing with it. if thats in an academy match with 2 or 3 first team players what would it be like playing in the actual 1st team when he played against fax and town we easily won the game but when the pressure was on against dewsbury in the league he didnt perform
haven till i die

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #41 on: 08 Sep 2007, 11:52:19 am
You just have to look at when we played widnes the other week rudd and leroy played there socks of leroy at one point done 3 or 4 tackles on the belt end which was great play and against a top side

Offline Martin

• First Team Backup
Reply #42 on: 08 Sep 2007, 05:11:05 pm
We didn't get beaten by Sheffield because our half back combination were playing out of their skins, we got beat because in attack we had no flair and speed.  Yes the Eagles were good in defence but only because we made them look good by doing the same old predictable patterns of play. Its been the same all season made worse on Thursday because the lads were understandably still tired after Sundays efforts.

Bamber would have brought a bit more speed & enthusiasm to the party, made things less predictable and maybe we could have won the game, we certainly could not have done any worse ! Who would he have replaced ? Baldwin & Spencer shouldn't have played Baldwin for obvious reasons and Spencer because he was/is unfit after his illness (should have had a month off if he lost 17lb's). Still leaves Leroy & Rudd on the field playing as they have been most of the season. If Duffy is out for the rest of the season then Bamber has to play for however many games we have left, there is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #43 on: 08 Sep 2007, 06:16:39 pm
we played crap and we all know it  no offence to sheffield but we should have beat them Baldwin is Garbarge and needs to be gone and as soon as he gets it it is a dead ball as long with Ricky Wright.

Haven have been incosistent all season and we all know why

Mr can't be bothered DR he sits the in the stands and is not bothered whether haven lose or not

he also needs to go

calvert is in that team for his speed and his speed only but of course he never gets to use it his defending is awful

over the play-offs and off - season he needs to get that sorted or be out of that team

We are lost with a john duffy all he does is kick but them kicks are effective and gets us tries and with him out for the rest of the season bamber needs to step up to the plate and learn very quick as if haven want to to get to the GF they need to get a reconisged scrum half in that team

this is the worse i have seen haven play  and it is been under one man

Dave Rotherham

GET HIM OUT  and a new Manger who knows what he is doing

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #44 on: 10 Sep 2007, 05:30:26 pm
We didn't get beaten by Sheffield because our half back combination were playing out of their skins, we got beat because in attack we had no flair and speed.  Yes the Eagles were good in defence but only because we made them look good by doing the same old predictable patterns of play. Its been the same all season made worse on Thursday because the lads were understandably still tired after Sundays efforts.

Bamber would have brought a bit more speed & enthusiasm to the party, made things less predictable and maybe we could have won the game, we certainly could not have done any worse ! Who would he have replaced ? Baldwin & Spencer shouldn't have played Baldwin for obvious reasons and Spencer because he was/is unfit after his illness (should have had a month off if he lost 17lb's). Still leaves Leroy & Rudd on the field playing as they have been most of the season. If Duffy is out for the rest of the season then Bamber has to play for however many games we have left, there is nothing to lose and everything to gain.

how do you know he would have brought more speed and enthusiasm? he doesnt run rings round players in the academy league so what is to say he will be able to put moves on that will beat experienced first teamers? apparently he had a shocker against dewsbury in the play offs when the pressure was on
haven till i die