HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Prop & Half-Backs

Offline Mancunian Marra

• Academy Star
on: 31 Aug 2007, 05:36:52 pm
Watched the Oldham-Celtic game last night.

Warren Stevens had a great game for Oldham. How come they can pick up a player like that and we end up with Simon Baldwin!

Remember Warren did well for us when he was here before PC took him with him to Warrington.

Think Haven should try and sign Warren for next season to play at 8, with Fats at 10. That would leave Hill, Jacko and Ford to play off the bench. Should really try and get Warren to move to the area though aka Fletcher.

With Trindall retiring, this will free up our Overseas spot. Trindall has played really well for Haven over the last 2 seasons, but another season might be one season too many. If he didn't want to retire, would not take up an option on him for another 12 months.

FACT - Duffy and Rudd don't play well together. Whenever Duffy isn't playing, we see the best out of Rudd. Also Duffy doesn't send the balls down for Calvert to exploit his speed and use him to his best abilities.

Therefore would release Duffy and try and re-sign Obst on a full-time contract. Looking at the signing Wakefield have made, Obst won't get a start next year and will be lucky to get much game time off the bench.

Rudd and Obst at Half-Back would be a cracking combo for Haven, with Bainbridge able to step in at either position if there is an injury.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2007, 07:35:25 pm
1. didnt watch all of the oldham celtic game so cannot really comment on stevens from this season but i agree we need 1 maybe even 2 new props who will brake a tackle

2. i think trindall is retiring but if not i wouldnt give him another contract simply on the basis that he is our quota player if he wasnt quota i would love him to finish his career at haven

3. it is not a fact that duffy and rudd dont play well together it is your opinion

4.i would definatly NOT get rid of duffy he is one of, if not the, best scrum halfs in this league if we wanted to bring sam back (i think it will never happen) we could play duffy at 6 sam at 7 and rudd at 13

5. bamber is nowhere near ready to be a 3rd choice scrum half in this league when we played dewsbury on tele he wasnt too impressive i think he should bide his time in the academy his time will come when he will be 1st choice
haven till i die

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2007, 08:49:14 pm
if we trindall did carry on he wouldnt be a quota player as he has been here for 5 years

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2007, 10:42:53 pm
if we trindall did carry on he wouldnt be a quota player as he has been here for 5 years

Trindall is retiring.

Offline haven123456789

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 31 Aug 2007, 11:03:16 pm
i watched the oldham celtic game.
Thought the celtic full back was out standing
celtics number 4 also looked class and the frenchman for oldham who wore no socks and also warren stevens looked very good. should try and get these signed up would strengthen the squad imo but hey what do i know ?

Offline Rob_Haven

• First Team Regular
Reply #5 on: 04 Sep 2007, 11:54:37 pm
and just like that they have all signed!
ANCIENT AND LOYAL

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #6 on: 05 Sep 2007, 08:01:57 pm
How was Lucas Onyango (winger) he's scored a few for them this season

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #7 on: 05 Sep 2007, 10:09:06 pm
What about getting Mathew Johns for half -back? He will be very cheap,haven would not have to offer him money just a few tablets! ;D

Monte2carlo

Reply #8 on: 05 Sep 2007, 10:18:22 pm
He must have been on tablets when he signed for Wire. He would fit into town's current set up no problem

Monte

popularsider

Reply #9 on: 05 Sep 2007, 10:37:44 pm
matthew johns  ??? dont you mean andrew

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 05 Sep 2007, 10:42:05 pm
Yep mean Andrew!haha  I forgot his name because i usually dont remember druggies names ;D

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #11 on: 06 Sep 2007, 03:59:47 pm
dont care if he was taking drugs he was one of the best ever and always will be nobody can take that away from him
haven till i die

Offline magnerslad

• Academy Signing
Reply #12 on: 06 Sep 2007, 05:20:17 pm
OF COURSE HE WAS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!   PITY WE ALL FOUND OUT  HE WAS ON SPEED ALL HIS LIFE NOT SURPRISE HE WAS ABOVE EVERYONE

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #13 on: 06 Sep 2007, 05:39:57 pm
i dont think taking drugs made him play rugby better ::) and please dont shout ;)
haven till i die

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #14 on: 07 Sep 2007, 09:37:09 am
i dont think taking drugs made him play rugby better ::) and please dont shout ;)

Have to aree here, how gurning could help anyones game I just don't know