HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

rotherams tactics does it again

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
on: 07 Sep 2007, 12:23:45 am
dave has pulld another blinder tonight  he put a center on the wing who hasnt got any go forward  so that leaves gary broadbent to make the yards from the back  why not play lebbon who is a reconised wing man.  loose forward should be creative with good hands spencer has never passed the ball in his life. BALDWIN ,RICK WRIGHT ,flapper  these 3 comeing off the bench must strike fear in the eyes of they oponents iv seen old women carrying their shoping with more determination than them 3. Why not  put craig maca at center and his brother in loos forward. the gates are down this year and if rotheram caries on they are goner keep getting less he needs to go

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2007, 12:27:52 am
with you all the way.but i think ricky has done alright in recent weeks and didn't think he was that bad tonight

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2007, 12:33:00 am
i wouldnt worry marras, whoever we sign you can guarantee DR will do his best to make them into a bad player

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2007, 07:48:37 am
john lebbon will not be here next season if dr stays

Offline fairweather

• Academy Signing
Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2007, 10:54:07 am
john lebbon will not be here next season if dr stays.

Its not just DR.
McCormack didn't rate him either.

He knows where to go and what to do, but just isn't quick enough and not that powerful.
So not really much of a loss to be honest.

Offline recre

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2007, 11:19:49 am
Im sure I read the heading wrong on this thread. Did it mention Rotherham and tactics in the same sentence, that can't be right. Are you sure it shouldn't have read Rotherham's Tic Tacs does it again, they can be damn hard to swallow them little sweets (a bit like watching Havens been at times this season, damn hard to swallow)

Offline cumbria 1

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 07 Sep 2007, 11:44:25 am
the other problem with DR is he drops people like tear and wright then when theirs and injury he brings them back in surely they should have to prove them selves in they acadamy first  and if they dont play well then give some other lads a chance. I personaly would of liked to have seen fordy get more chances because he runs hard but soon as were short of props he brings baldwin in . Against sheffield we lacked ideas we looked like a team of ploders . As for lebbon  fairweather iv not seen him play since last year against halifax and hulk kr but he had great games then evan an average game would be better than derrys effort on the wing. We also need a half back with pace of the mark because you see the difference when sicey is on if we had another quick half back we would be twice as dangerouse  and would take the pressure off sicey to make breaks

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2007, 02:51:25 pm
i dont know what everyone else thinks but this season we have carried to many under achievers,players who consistently dont perform yet still continue to get their place.watching that last nite just convinced me we need to offload these hangers on,we never missed duffy last nite,we just didnt play well,we are a div 1 side at the top end of the league therefore should be able to cope without certain players,not sure if i have confidence in dave rotheram any more.we lost valuable points to medicore teams this season.good teams dont continually mix their teams around week in week out     consistency required all round
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline cbandg01

• Top Try Scorer
  • Let's play to our strengths to create problems
Reply #8 on: 07 Sep 2007, 10:03:49 pm
To say we didn't miss Duffy is just daft. He chases, tackles, sets up moves and kicks far better than anyone else we can field, and the Sheffield chaos on Thursday simply served to prove that..........we missed every aspect of his game.

I am also concerned that all of the Ex Leigh contingent were unavailable on the same night ..... hope this was a coincidence only and not indicative of one or more of them loosing interest.

Having said that I just don't know what tto make of the Sheffield performance.  It was awful, in the extreme, totally lacking in ideas, drive and rugby sense............ Sheffield are a very ordinary team who simply showed more desire than we did (nothing else). They should have been easy meat if we had any pride etc.

I can't get my head round one simple fact in particular .................. and someone within the Whitehaven set up needs to come up with an answer .............. How the hell can we have beaten Halifax four times this season, and still finish up behind the in the final league table.

That very question has to be dealt with ...........with greatest urgency ..... To me it indicates Whitehaven RLFC is fatally flawed in some respect. I have defended DR throughout this season, believing he could and would pull off third place and an upbeat end to the season..............although I never expected us to reach the GF ............but the 'Best of the Rest' .........yes !!!

Looking back over recent weeks he has failed on both counts, and MUST carry the can and now I believe he must go.

We will not beat Halifax away this time in the playoffs ........if we some how do manage to beat Leigh.

'Haven are now on the downward slide, the recent glory days are at an end and we need to rebuild............ throughout the team

Forget all this hogwash about new stands  ...... get real BOD and put us a decent team together ............. under a new coach.

Who need stands were never going to fill .... we don't even fill the one we've got .... it's like buying a new car to sit on the drive just because the neighbours got one.
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2007, 10:13:49 pm by cbandg01 »

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #9 on: 08 Sep 2007, 09:57:55 am
to say were on a downward slide is rubbish,we havent performed all season with a couple of exceptions(catalans, halifax) i feel its time to introduce young blood into the team as some of the older ones are now struggling with this level.we didnt miss duffy as i personally think he wasnt missed and should of been replacable anyway he is also one that hasnt showed consistency all season thats why we are were we are.duffy never played but did anyone else take the reins answer no.dave rotheram needs to get tough with these players if they are,nt willing to perform week in week out then get rid simple as.theres plenty of young blood waiting to step in   
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #10 on: 08 Sep 2007, 11:43:17 am
We need to get some good players in and get rid of the dead wood for a start.

Offline benny

• Academy Signing
Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2007, 09:26:10 am
there is a few good players in the under 21s but dr will not blood any of them,when we played cas at home they ad 2 17year olds playn.but no dr brings 2 players on  1 month loans and then thers baldwin JOKE.dr has to go and some1 to blood the youth.before they wnt released like  farmer n salmon >:(

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2007, 05:14:00 pm
its ok for cas playing their young players because they play like they are experienced first teamers with the exception of ford and maybe benson i done think any of our academy could play regular 1st team
haven till i die

Offline benny

• Academy Signing
Reply #13 on: 11 Sep 2007, 10:22:03 am
yeh and why are the cas players more 1st team experienced because they get game time n the whitehaven lads dont.why bring to players in on loan 4 1month then they go to 2 different clubs thaqn they came from.that was the perfect opportunity to play a couple of the lads.n to name a couple who can play ford bens shawy farrer bamber lebbon craig macca.dnt get me wrong bannny was a good player but he was only here 4 1 month.why sign all these players on if you have no intension of playing them

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #14 on: 11 Sep 2007, 10:55:12 am
because we need to have an academy team everybody knows there are loads of players on the academy who will never sign for the first team but we need an academy team thats why players sign academt contracts not profesional one's

maybe the cas players get more experience in the first team because there coaches believe they can step up to the plate and perform from their first game an will play consistantly week in week out also cas and widnes cas afford to play academy players in this league because even if the young one's do not perform to their best they have the quality in the other players to still win the game against us fax leigh etc if we have a weak link against the other teams above and around us then we struggle alot
haven till i die