popularsider

on: 07 Sep 2007, 01:13:42 pm
should halifax finish 3rd wich is more than likely

whitehaven vs leigh will be televised on sky :o live from the recre

Offline fluffy

• First Team Backup
  • Haven in the pink :P ^^
Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2007, 04:36:37 pm
i don't wanna be on tv, it gives us bad luck  :-X and id rather have it be on sunda cos iv got nowt to do lol  ;D
We've got this place rocking now girls !!! ;)

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 07 Sep 2007, 04:49:57 pm
Trouble is you need the TV to make money from your sponsors and making money isn't bad luck:)

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 07 Sep 2007, 08:37:40 pm
well its live on thursday from the recre against leigh should halifax win and finish 3rd

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2007, 08:56:14 pm
We could lose money. Very few Leigh fans might make the trip if its on Tele.

Offline Bkenz92

• First Team Regular
  • Haven Til I Die
Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2007, 09:36:46 pm
Id rather it not being on tv weve had bad luck from past tv experiances

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 07 Sep 2007, 10:20:28 pm
loosing a few travelers at the gate for TV is worth it,  the only way to attract bigger sponsors is through the Televised  games as they get value for money in the numbers watching.
The lads had better learn to make it good luck being on TV or they will not be winning a grand final ever and find i hard to move forward in the future. ;D

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2007, 11:17:23 pm
Unfortunately being on TV virtually always leads to a Haven defeat. Apart from Dewsbury this year when was the last time Haven won a game on TV. A list of defeats

This year against Sheffield, Castleford and Widnes (2). Past Grand Finals, Leigh and Castleford. Challenge Cup against Warrington.

If we are on TV the odds will be against us!!! :'(

popularsider

Reply #8 on: 07 Sep 2007, 11:33:37 pm
we have won a few times on rugby league raw  ;D

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #9 on: 08 Sep 2007, 04:26:43 am
does anybody know if rugby league raw will still be on as sky will be covering games
haven till i die

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #10 on: 08 Sep 2007, 08:57:30 am
Rugby League RAW is not really a live full match!

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #11 on: 08 Sep 2007, 09:02:05 am
we have won a few times on rugby league raw  ;D

You made me laugh marra!  Like everything its purely a chance thing, it isn't because they are on TV they lose {unless the team is made of backs and they spend there whole time pulling the comb out of there pants to fix there hair}. People can not expect a consistent playing team on very little money{ Haven has a small budget compared to fulltime teams} and think like people in the 1600's that there is a boogie man. The best way to be in a sport that needs positive thinking and belief in ones self  when you are the under dog because of financial restraints , is for the supporters to get behind them through thick and thin and stop being so fickle.

If the knockers{ i mean the negative suede supporters that will only ever back a team when its winning, not the female love bumps ;D }  stopped bagging there club in the bad times, there would be far less bad times because pure support would give them a huge lift and get them across the line.

I can only guess that the knockers have never been in a position that they have ever achieved anything or had someone believe in them through hard times. As far as i know, players go out there to win, we all have our good days and bad days in what we do, but answer me this. If you made a mistake would you fire up and go harder if you had people behind you saying" go hard you can do it" or if someone says" sack him get him off, get rid of him, he is hopless etc etc" .
The things in life most people can only ever dream of doing are achieved by people like yourselves that believe in themselves and have people behind them that believe the same thing and want to push them up to a level that is very hard to reach when you do something totally alone,these are supporters.
 There is no constructive criticism in supporter,{ thats the bastard coach or brilliant coach depending on the season or game's, job} they feel down like a player after a bad game, but the belief in there players on the paddock should always be the same even after losing every game of the season," this one we are going to win".
Those that bring money into anything to do with a Haven player are kidding themselves and are just dreaming or jealous, can only be one or the other as there is very little money in it for 90% of people that make the club what it is.
Gone are the days of wearing a jumper for the pride in a professional world, do you pull on you uniform for work and look in the mirror and think" i will go out and do this job the best i have done in my life, because i love it so much, every time you go to work??", I think not.
Players have pride in there team and team mates whether they have played for a team for 20 years or 2 days, thats the game even in a professional world.No player ever steps on the field wanting to play second best, they always play to win.

Go Haven, i for one believe in you!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, its finals time, sorry for the rant and i am impressed if anyone actually reads the whole thing ;D sorry for typos, but i am a two finger slow typer.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 08 Sep 2007, 10:01:02 am
we won a few on friday nite floodlit rugby :D
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 08 Sep 2007, 11:11:37 am
If this is the way it pans out, then you have to think advantage Haven.  Leigh are playing Sunday, so this time we get the extra three days of recovery time.  We also have home advantage and I would fully expect the BOD to drop prices for this game in order to attract a bigger crowd to get behind the team.  At this stage of the season they need to do whatever they can to progress further in the competition.
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Offline Fan

• Academy Signing
Reply #14 on: 08 Sep 2007, 03:33:13 pm
Leigh would be wise to play the Academy on Sunday.