HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

funniest moment of match..............

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #30 on: 05 Sep 2007, 06:31:41 pm
Earlier this season I heard Halifax player Watene racially abused. No steward to report it to & even if there was not sure I'm brave enough to report it.

Does referring to Les Catalans as "Frogs" in Sunday's programme count as racist abuse?

in what way was he racially abused? did the person shout it to him or just say something to his mates? i am no way condoning racism it is disgusting however every club no matter how big or small is going to have people with racist views wether they be a member of the BNP or just dont think that what they are saying doesnt hurt anybody. all i can say to people is, if they hear people being racist at any sports event or out on the street is find an authority figure and get something done about it
haven till i die

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #31 on: 05 Sep 2007, 07:26:39 pm
Earlier this season I heard Halifax player Watene racially abused. No steward to report it to & even if there was not sure I'm brave enough to report it.

Does referring to Les Catalans as "Frogs" in Sunday's programme count as racist abuse?

well if thats racial abuse

then the aussie calling us poms, or calling the scots jocks, or the welsh taffs, get real
THE MULLET IS BACK

Monte2carlo

Reply #32 on: 05 Sep 2007, 07:45:43 pm
Could the funniest moment be the fact that widnes will be getting beat by Cas at the GF

I await the scouse wit in the reply ............ not

Monte

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #33 on: 05 Sep 2007, 07:54:33 pm
Don't know about the racial stuff, but I got to admit on the 2 occasions we have been to your ground a minority have tried to start fights with us, we just laugh is off as after all its only a game, one example we were stood behind the post with my 3 daughters (the mascots you may of seen come out with the players) twins that are 4 and eldest 5 yes i can't keep it in my pants. when beswick flattened which i do admit was out of order after so many minutes my brother shouted get up you pansy, I consider this as acceptable and certainly would expect the same type of thing to be shouted if it were one of our players afterall what makes our game so great is the tolerance of the fans and the banter that goes on between them with no real aggression, anyway back to what I was saying, straight after he shouted it a Grey haired bloke probably late 40's and 6" something whom was also with what looked liked his daughter and grand daughter marched over fists clenched basically saying come on then, it could of gone two ways an all out brawl between fans or the way it fortunately went where by my bro did the right thing and didn't react to him and I also stepped in and told him he's behave worse than a ****ed up teenager then the steward step who I might add was the soundest steward I have come across home and away, if it did kick off imagine how all the kids would of felt seeing there dads knocking the crap out of each other.
« Last Edit: 05 Sep 2007, 08:12:04 pm by Chemical-Chris »

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #34 on: 05 Sep 2007, 07:55:19 pm
Could the funniest moment be the fact that widnes will be getting beat by Cas at the GF

I await the scouse wit in the reply ............ not

Monte

lol monty ur a star  ;D

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #35 on: 05 Sep 2007, 08:03:10 pm

in what way was he racially abused? did the person shout it to him or just say something to his mates? i am no way condoning racism it is disgusting however every club no matter how big or small is going to have people with racist views wether they be a member of the BNP or just dont think that what they are saying doesnt hurt anybody. all i can say to people is, if they hear people being racist at any sports event or out on the street is find an authority figure and get something done about it

Watene stood near touch line, Haven fan shouted "F**k off you w*g". Like I said too scared of repurcussions if I'd said anything

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #36 on: 05 Sep 2007, 08:05:58 pm

well if thats racial abuse

then the aussie calling us poms, or calling the scots jocks, or the welsh taffs, get real

It was a question, I didn't say I agreed.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #37 on: 05 Sep 2007, 08:18:34 pm
1  slightly funny moment for me was  when Sicey got the ball midway through the 2nd half, faced the opposition and then everyone stopped.  Infact  for  a  split  second  I  thought  the  ref  had  blown  the  whistle. He stood there and everyone just looked at him ;D

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #38 on: 05 Sep 2007, 09:53:27 pm

Watene stood near touch line, Haven fan shouted "F**k off you w*g". Like I said too scared of repurcussions if I'd said anything

It was " F**k off your Wig" his merkin was sticking out! ;D

Offline The Boss

• Academy Signing
Reply #39 on: 09 Sep 2007, 10:11:22 pm
racist abuse? :o first i have heard about this
and what constitutes as verbal abuse to the away team? what do stewards expect ? the haven fans to cheers for the away team? any team that that is playing away should expect some sort of abuse/shouting at them it can intimidate the players which in turn can help the home team it is all part of the advantage of playing at home

The racist abuse was to colored players from away teams calling them other than what they are. The verbal abuse is swearing at the players and causing desperations as if they have a father. The stewards are there to do a job for the club and not to be abused themselfs at the ground or in pizza/Chinese takeaways after the game which as happened before. The only time the stewards have been seen as a friendly face was at Blackpool, the stewards are there to be unbiased to home and away fans and to help everyone.  :-\

i know you will not write on here what has allegedly been said and i would not expect you to but can i ask which player from which team has been racially abused at a whitehaven match? because as far as i am aware no official complaint has been made by any player by any club and i am pretty sure that if a player has been racially abused he would report it to the match officials who would defiantly report tit to the RFL

the player that had racist abuse at him was the winger from doncaster he was on the left wing playing kells end to railway end. The reason why there was no official complaint to the club was it was reported to the head steward by the ref and linesman, and the head steward got it sorted and apologized on behalf of the stewards, club and the fans, for some idiot that hasn't got a brain thats why there was no official complaint, and the club did not get fined.

Offline The Boss

• Academy Signing
Reply #40 on: 09 Sep 2007, 10:22:19 pm

if anyone hears any racist abuse all you need to do if you cant find a steward which is hard to believe is look for the head steward you cant miss him he wears a orange jacket or a vest and he will deal with it. and he will treat it private and confidential your name wont be mentioned, that i no as he as told me that when i talk to him in town, he wont mind he has a heart not like some people think he hasn't.

Offline The Boss

• Academy Signing
Reply #41 on: 09 Sep 2007, 10:33:40 pm

the player was called a black xxxxxxx and that to me isnt good for the club or fans i also agree with you about hearing it you should report it specialy to the right person.