HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

play offs

Guest · 20 · 1779

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #15 on: 08 Sep 2007, 05:10:25 pm
If this is the way it pans out, then you have to think advantage Haven.  Leigh are playing Sunday, so this time we get the extra three days of recovery time.
Spot on.  Add to this that - should we beat Leigh in the first match - we'll also have an extra three days' rest over whoever wins from the Halifax v Sheffield game.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #16 on: 08 Sep 2007, 05:42:02 pm
Lets not jump  the gun heer we need to beat leigh first. we all thort eagles was in the bag and a 3rd spot booked.
Were playing game by game now.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #17 on: 08 Sep 2007, 06:54:06 pm

Gone are the days of wearing a jumper for the pride in a professional world, do you pull on you uniform for work and look in the mirror and think" i will go out and do this job the best i have done in my life, because i love it so much, every time you go to work??", I think not.

I know what you mean toddy BUT I can't see the players doing that either when they go to Sellafield or where-ever they WORK.   You can't compare the two as playing RL is extra revenue for the players not their only means of financial income!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline jimbo

• Academy Signing
Reply #18 on: 08 Sep 2007, 10:51:22 pm
For me, we should put young Ford, Bainbridge and co in the team and forget about the play offs.Think about next year when we must give youth their opportunity.

Offline kellsendlad

• Academy Signing
Reply #19 on: 09 Sep 2007, 01:17:16 pm
i don't think haven will be on telly this week its more likely to be
fax V eagles it will be a more attractive proposition for sky
after the way the eagles beat us and them being the team that
came up this year an all