HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

celtic crusaders

Guest · 8 · 822

popularsider

on: 07 Sep 2007, 11:40:07 pm
have you seen who they have been linked with  :o

luke dyer and david tangata-toa (hull kr)
david mills (quins)
shane millard (wigan)
nathan mcavoy and chris mckenna (bradford)

if they sign all of those and keep that squad from this seaosn they are bound to be over the cap they are surley over it now in nl2 along with the overseas quota how can they afford josh hannay?

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2007, 04:23:56 am
thr RFL dont care if celtic go over the cap they want them in super league by any means . they already have alot more quota players then any other NL team
haven till i die

Offline Chorley Blue and Gold

• First Team Regular
Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2007, 09:01:11 am
SL want Celtic C in and that is that!

SL and the RFL will do all they possibly can in order to help them! >:(

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2007, 07:19:42 pm
thr RFL dont care if celtic go over the cap they want them in super league by any means . they already have alot more quota players then any other NL team

If thats the case then whats stopping other clubs breaking the salary cap and fielding more than the permitted 1 overseas player.

If it was to happen then I don't think there is much the RFL could do. If they did try and punish a club  then  all that would be needed is for the offending team to get a half decent lawyer and sue the RFL. They would have a leg to stand on.

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2007, 05:19:16 pm
With the players they are being linked with.......makes you wonder if they are not exempt fron the salery cap. ::)

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 11 Sep 2007, 05:38:58 pm
some guy wrote on inside cover of rugby league express at how people are complaining about celtic and the salary cap without concrete evidence and there is supposedly a salary cap person keeping a eye on clubs, it seems to me that they let you away with it until you,ve achieve what you set out to do, ie promotion then they fine you and deduct points when they no it wont affect you or your position in the higher league,i would be very suprised if widnes,cas and celtic are not breaching salary cap at the minute and surely this supposed person who keeps a eye on overspending is,nt doing a good job just look at previous seasons :-\
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 11 Sep 2007, 06:27:43 pm
some guy wrote on inside cover of rugby league express at how people are complaining about celtic and the salary cap without concrete evidence and there is supposedly a salary cap person keeping a eye on clubs, it seems to me that they let you away with it until you,ve achieve what you set out to do, ie promotion then they fine you and deduct points when they no it wont affect you or your position in the higher league,i would be very suprised if widnes,cas and celtic are not breaching salary cap at the minute and surely this supposed person who keeps a eye on overspending is,nt doing a good job just look at previous seasons :-\

The "guy" is Nigel Wood, the RFL's Finance Director, who also said, "The thing people don't take account of in the National League salary cap is that Under 21's are excluded.  And, because the league is basically part-time, it is understood and accepted that some players may have bona fide earnings from outside the club".

The National Leagues Salary Cap Regulations (6.10.1) deals with income that counts towards the salary cap, says, "Any payments to players made by organisations, or individuals who are connected with the club by issue of shareholding, mutuality of directors or sponsorship agreements, save where the club can demonstrate to the comfortable satisfaction of the Operational Rules Tribunal that such payments are bona fide payments arising out of a bona fide contract of employment for work unrelated to a player's playing obligations to a club, the burden of proof being on the club".

So, reading that, I can see a loophole whereby a sponsor makes payments to a full-time player for being "an odd job man" at his factory whilst the player is training full-time.   As long as their is a bona fide contract of employment as "an odd job man" in the factory, who is to know if he actually works there or not!!!!
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2007, 09:16:55 pm
If thats the case then Keith its a joke. You could get a firm to give a player 25K a year and give him a sweeping brush to clean the shop floor for 20 minutes.

That being the case then whats to stop us doing that. Instead of firms sponsoring games get them to sponsor a player for a reasonable amount i.e get 6 firms to put in 25K each for 6 quality players. Their directors & Guests could then get free admittance + and everything else that they get when they sponsor matches for every home game.