HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

New signings

Guest · 11 · 1157

Monte2carlo

on: 06 Sep 2007, 04:36:08 pm
Come on Haven BOD and pull yout fingers out,  in getting DR resigned so he can build a new squad for next season.

Monte

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2007, 07:22:10 pm
Come on Haven BOD and pull yout fingers out,  in getting DR resigned so he can build a new squad for next season.

Monte

is that RE-SIGNED or RESIGNED monte?

i know which i prefer, and so long as he doesnt put pen to paper i'll be a happy chappy!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2007, 10:45:50 pm
you guys signed any new players for next season yet?

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2007, 10:49:20 pm
apparenley

karl edmondson kiwi a international forward who was born in carlisle raised in sillot up in cumbria he is coming over to play for us
and a stand off from south sydney rabbitohs who is good mates with sam obst and sam has said the lad who we have signed is better than him

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2007, 04:49:57 pm
nothing official as of yet though eh and as we all know on this board we cannot believe anything until it is officialy announced
haven till i die

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2007, 05:13:27 pm
It depends on whether there is spare plot at Moresby?  ???  ???  ::)

Offline HavenMascot

• Fans Favourite
Reply #6 on: 08 Sep 2007, 06:29:11 pm
It depends on whether there is spare plot at Moresby?  ???  ???  ::)

please please please stop the Moresby crack it is old

"Born A Haven Supporter, I Am A Haven Supporter, I'll Die A Haven Supporter, My Spirit Will Be A Haven Supporter, I Will Be A Haven Supporter No Matter What! Am A PROUD Haven Fan No Matter What! Haven Through Thick & Thin!"

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 09 Sep 2007, 10:02:05 am
its the highlands players want now anyway :D

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 09 Sep 2007, 10:56:42 am

Monte

is that RE-SIGNED or RESIGNED monte?

i know which i prefer, and so long as he doesnt put pen to paper i'll be a happy chappy!

This is not just aimed at you at all!!!!

If you want a part time team that does well, why not get of you butt's and stop bagging and have raffles etc and volunteer around the ground! In the best part time  sides the players and the supporters get out there and raise money! You have nothing to bag about if you have not tried to raise money through sponsors or raffles etc.
Haven players get very little for what they do, if you think otherwise i am happy to get a bunch of fit players from 80kg to 120kg to run at you and tackle you as hard as they can for 20 minutes, seeing the fickle crowd seem to think they need the practice.Anyone that has played team sport knows the coach is 20% of the team before they get on the paddock, then its split second decisions made by players for the whole game. The most common word spoken by a coach to players is " i told you to do this and you didnt". The reason is that the trainers can pass the message on, but its the players in that fraction of a second that have to carry it through.
If you think by paying the ticket to get in the gate your won yourself the best game of league, you are kidding yourself. Have you ever payed a DVD movie and thought it was crap?? They sure cost more than a ticket to the game in most cases and i am sure the director of that crap movie isn't going to be hammered when he gets older from making the movie but the players you watch will always be paying in some way entertaining you.
I already have trouble walking after 20 years of playing at times and i am 36,what do you think the marra's you watch will be like when there 60 and have been payed to wear the Haven jumper! Do you seriously think the money they get payed is worth it? or do they do it because they love the game??
I use the extremes to explain, the marra that just arrives at Haven might not have the huge pride that goes with the Haven jumper as those that have worn it for 20 years etc, but he sure loves playing the game or he would not have made it to this level.

Sure you might get blokes that are past there used by date in top flight etc in NL!, but it does not mean they love the game any less and will not want to give you the same show they would in top flight. It takes you far longer and you get much worse injuries as you get older, this works exactly the same for younger part time players! Why, they don't get the training to keep the bodies in the right shape and to learn the muscle memory ways of going with a tackle etc. I am sure Haven does not have a hyperbaric chamber the players can use to recover quicker like the top flight players have access too.

The way i see it is, Haven pays peanuts and got some great players! The only monkeys are the ones that expect the world and want it for peanuts and will never lift a finger to help.

To the people that help, you are as important to the side as any player that has ever pulled on a jumper! Never forget that.

Go Haven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2007, 02:07:05 pm
At the start of the season i offerd to hand tickets to kids schools where mine is and other schools in  my area and got no word back that its sell would have got kids parents to maybe go its not the world i know but it was to help there was talk of a kids fan club ive herd nothing else of that either if you look at other clubs site theres more on them to bring money in. the fans have droped because of the poor play this season and maybe will more if its not sorted and soon.
I have missed 1 game all season and every penny counts.

Offline champ

• First Team Backup
Reply #10 on: 09 Sep 2007, 02:10:51 pm
At the start of the season i offerd to hand tickets to kids schools where mine is and other schools in  my area and got no word back that its sell would have got kids parents to maybe go its not the world i know but it was to help there was talk of a kids fan club ive herd nothing else of that either if you look at other clubs site theres more on them to bring money in. the fans have droped because of the poor play this season and maybe will more if its not sorted and soon.
I have missed 1 game all season and every penny counts.
Think you will find that there are around 50 members of the new junior supporters club launched by Daisy during the summer.