HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

dr on the way out

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
on: 14 Sep 2007, 08:30:18 am
been on look north this morning that drs contract is not being renewed next year. seems strange at this time of the season. thoughts pls
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 14 Sep 2007, 08:41:50 am
Was told on Monday that contract not renewed.

Think he has acted honourably by keeping it quiet until after last night's match.

I think he should have been given another season, with an objective to do better than this year & if not achieved then given the push

Offline Tommygun

• First Team Backup
Reply #2 on: 14 Sep 2007, 12:17:33 pm

Offline JAYFORHAVEN

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 14 Sep 2007, 12:37:52 pm
I AGREE WITH JOHNNO IF ANY OF US WHO HAD JUST BEEN KICKED OUT AT WORK WITHOUT BEEN TOLD TO PULL OUR SOCKS UP WE WOULD HAVE HAD THE UNION ON TO THEM RIGHT AWAY.IMO IF THE BOD HAD GIVEN HIM MONEY TO SPEND I THINK HE WOULD HAVE GOT US A GREAT TEAM,BECAUSE I THINK HE HAS DONE A GREAT JOB ,YOU CAN NOT MAKE A SILK PURSE OUT OF A PIGS EAR . ALL THE BES.T TO DR WHEREVER HE GOES

popularsider

Reply #4 on: 14 Sep 2007, 01:03:07 pm
apart from unsettling half of the squad and not talking to the academy jobs losing are home record in 2 consecutive seasons not interacting with the fans, aye he did a great job

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #5 on: 14 Sep 2007, 01:35:45 pm
new town coach maybe???
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #6 on: 14 Sep 2007, 03:10:38 pm
i tihnk it would be a massive backward step for him to take town job
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2007, 04:53:59 pm
good luck to DR think hes a decent bloke and a decent coach but .... who the hell are we gonna replace him with???
haven till i die

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2007, 05:00:40 pm
i tihnk it would be a massive backward step for him to take town job

Apart from your obvious hatred of Town, choccy, why would it be a backward step???
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline silver shadow

• First Team Backup
Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2007, 05:07:00 pm
if dr wants the town job then i hope he gets it. seems like a decent bloke and he likes the area. i have whinged about him on here before but i cant help feeling a laal bit sorry for him now hes going. WHAT A SOFTY EH :(
NO PAIN NO GAIN

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #10 on: 14 Sep 2007, 06:52:28 pm
Thought they would of at least waited till after GF in case you get there and win it

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2007, 06:54:17 pm
DR wanted to know if he was heer next season.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2007, 07:17:14 pm
Thought they would of at least waited till after GF in case you get there and win it

Could  you  imagine  that...........  We  get  to  the  GF  and  actually  win  it.  I  know  its  a  long  shot  but  it  would  be  funny  to  see  the  BOD's  response.

Even  if they  held  out  the  olive  branch  and  offered  him  a  contact  there  would  be  more  than  a  few  SL  clubs interested  in his  services ;D

Offline Bora18

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 14 Sep 2007, 07:47:50 pm
i would love to see him go to town and get them promoted

Offline toddy

• Academy Star
Reply #14 on: 14 Sep 2007, 11:36:25 pm

Could  you  imagine  that...........  We  get  to  the  GF  and  actually  win  it.  I  know  its  a  long  shot  but  it  would  be  funny  to  see  the  BOD's  response.

Even  if they  held  out  the  olive  branch  and  offered  him  a  contact  there  would  be  more  than  a  few  SL  clubs interested  in his  services ;D

From what have seen and heard the BOD are the same as 90% of the fans, they have know idea at all. The lack of a crowd shows how fickle the Haven fans are. They only like to back a team when its winning and want the coach and players sacked the second they lose a game or two. Haven has just spent the last three years building with a new coach and is about to lose some of the older experience players and get a new coach. Mark my words, Haven will be lucky not to be wooden spooners next year and there will be no one but Haven BOD and supporters  to blame.
If Haven continues with its reputation{i am not talking player or coach reputation!} like it is, it will take a lot more money to entice quality  players and coaches here.
If people hated the last three years, there in for a nasty shock the next three.

Get behind the lads! Go Haven!