HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

.......... from a great height!

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 03 Sep 2007, 07:55:19 am
where we have been shat on by the rfl!!!!

what justification can they have for re-arranging the sheffield game for thursday night?

the game has very little significance, in that only ONE outcome can deffinately be decided on thursday night.

if haven win or draw we finish 3rd, if we lose, even with a bonus point, halifax can take 3rd place with a win on sunday.

if sheffield win dewsbury can still, mathematically though highly unlikely, finish 6th with a huge win at leigh on sunday

if sheffield lose dewsbury can take 6th spot by winning or drawing at leigh

however.............

castleford will win NL1 with a win at rochdale, celtic will win NL2 and automatic promotion to NL1 with a win at gateshead

surely either of these game bear more significance than ours?

now our lads get one day less to recover and prepare, and what about them getting more time off work having probably already arranged for time off on friday?
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline cano

• Academy Star
  • Haven in the Maldives
Reply #1 on: 03 Sep 2007, 08:56:26 am
Does anyone know if the R.F.L or SKY have any more plans to alter game dates this season?  i.e the play off ties. I along with many others have already planned my weekends off in September around the current fixture dates, does anyone in authority ever think of the supporters when these decisions are made especially at such short notice.!!!!

Offline Chemical-Chris

• Academy Star
  • Till I Die
Reply #2 on: 03 Sep 2007, 09:43:56 am
Rescheduling games for the more local teams to get them on Sky I can agree with, but when fans have to travel so far I think it does more damage than good, when there was talk of us playing you on the Thursday I was gutted as there was no chance i would make it, I think Sky are allowed to pull far to many strings

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2007, 09:49:27 am
Also cannot believe, as stated in yesterday's programme, that the clubs get NO money from SKY for televised games.

Wonder what would happen if both clubs refused to move the game & insisted on playing on original date.

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 03 Sep 2007, 11:17:09 am
There'll always be someone who complains....

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #5 on: 03 Sep 2007, 01:59:23 pm
Also cannot believe, as stated in yesterday's programme, that the clubs get NO money from SKY for televised games.

Wonder what would happen if both clubs refused to move the game & insisted on playing on original date.

The only reason that we are getting games on Thursday evenings from the National Leagues is/was to stop Eurovision getting a foothold by televising these games.   It was once again the RFL paying lip service to NL clubs instead of doing what they should be doing, i.e. looking for serious finance for the structure below SL.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Johnno

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 03 Sep 2007, 03:11:55 pm

The only reason that we are getting games on Thursday evenings from the National Leagues is/was to stop Eurovision getting a foothold by televising these games.   It was once again the RFL paying lip service to NL clubs instead of doing what they should be doing, i.e. looking for serious finance for the structure below SL.

So who is the Rugby League governing body? SKY or RFL

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #7 on: 03 Sep 2007, 03:27:23 pm
So who is the Rugby League governing body? SKY or RFL
[/quote

It make you wonder doesn't it???   
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #8 on: 04 Sep 2007, 12:22:47 am
Are Sky covering the playoffs?
If so, Cas v Widnes will  no doubt be played on the thursday.
Haven v Fax (if both win) will probably be on sunday.
Then the losers of Cas/Widnes will play Haven/ Fax on the thursday on Sky giving us only 4 days compared to their 7 days to recover.

It's all fixed for a Cas Widnes final whatever happens. ??? ??? ???

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 05 Sep 2007, 03:36:11 pm
Next weeks Radio Times has a national league playoff game at the usual time, I presume that would be us or Halifax vs Leigh