HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Tanny lavulavu

cano · 21 · 1553

Offline cano

• Academy Star
  • Haven in the Maldives
on: 10 Sep 2007, 09:51:13 am
Just heard on the grapevine we've signed lavulavu for next year, not bad if true.

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2007, 06:02:05 pm
If that is true then he could be there only for the NR Cup games as I believe he came to Town on a 2 year Holiday visa which, I think, will expire about April time!!!  Sione, Jt and Limmer all came on these visas and I think Lavulavu was signed on the same system.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2007, 06:10:03 pm
If that is true then he could be there only for the NR Cup games as I believe he came to Town on a 2 year Holiday visa which, I think, will expire about April time!!!  Sione, Jt and Limmer all came on these visas and I think Lavulavu was signed on the same system.

Think you will find he is non quota and he has been at Town 3 seasons if i am not wrong

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2007, 06:20:42 pm
He'll be suspended after being sent off yesterday

IpswichSteve

Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2007, 06:30:49 pm

Think you will find he is non quota and he has been at Town 3 seasons if i am not wrong

You are correct and he's under contract for another year.

Anyway one signing from Town is Dexter Miller, very strange signing cant
see him making it NL1.

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2007, 06:52:42 pm

see him making it NL1.

Again it is a rumour but allegedly he has a get out clause if a higher division team come in for him.
Just a rumour though.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2007, 07:27:15 pm
having listened to the town match yesterday it seems he will fit in well at haven,

he was sin binned for a high tackle, penalised and talked to a further 2 times for going in 3rd man and HIGH and then sent off for................ yep a HIGH TACKLE, just what we need, another fantastic disciplinarian!!!!!

welcome to haven tanya toiletlover!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline LeeF

• First Team Regular
Reply #7 on: 10 Sep 2007, 07:39:42 pm

see him making it NL1.

I saw Dexter Miller play for Town pre season at Halifax a couple of years ago and he looked good. I think that he could be NL1 standard quite easily

IpswichSteve

Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2007, 07:42:36 pm

see him making it NL1.

Again it is a rumour but allegedly he has a get out clause if a higher division team come in for him.
Just a rumour though.

Personally as I said on the Town board, not really fussed either way, not sour grapes either.

Great player on his day, but spends a lot of time on the sidelines and doesn't
play much in a match even when fit.

What do you think about the signing of Dexter that one is pretty certain i believe.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2007, 07:47:29 pm
sorry, but with all due respect to both guys, these are not the players who will help us to aspire to greater things, i can just imagine widnes, castleford, halifax, leigh, salford all quaking in their boots at our potential signings!!

the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

popularsider

Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2007, 08:04:11 pm
leahy refd town yesterday are you surprised there were men sent to the sin bin  ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 10 Sep 2007, 08:13:05 pm
to be honest no, he probably just heard he was reffing  a game involving a cumbrian team beginning with a W and assumed it was us!!

lol
the reverand, big mac

Offline troutmaster

• Academy Star
Reply #12 on: 10 Sep 2007, 08:41:16 pm
i have to agree with puppetmaster about dexter miller,i have always liked dexter playing for town but i have to admit he will definitely not be a first team player for haven.dexter is far to light for the more experienced players in that division but he can tackle but he never makes any forward runs at the line and to be honest he has played most of his games for town in the centres.he is a smashing young man but he is not the player his brother is and he is now struggling to hold his place in the team and on his showing against the eagles proves it.spencer is really just a tackling machine but they sometimes go wrong and i actually though he might be at town with dexter not the other way round.but good luck to him at haven i really hope he proves me wrong but i doubt it.

Offline chocbluegold

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 10 Sep 2007, 08:54:05 pm
personally i think taking lavulavu from town would be a mistake,he,s not div 1 material there,s got to be better forwards out there
our players couldnt get in the town team you,ve gotta be kidding.theres plenty town players i hope dont wear the chocbluegold.

ANZAC

Reply #14 on: 10 Sep 2007, 09:33:22 pm
Got to agree with troumaster.  Spencer was at his best when he played on the same side as Aron Lester. They were very effective in defence together and Lester put Spencer into a few gaps to make Spencer look like a bit of a runner with the ball.  Reality is Spencer when motivated and fit is a decent defensive backrow in this league but he is not an attacking force.

Since lester retired Spencer has gone back a long way.  he used to be pretty much mistake free and he makes three or four errors a game.  part is he has had injuries which is fair enough but he also used to get a lot from playing with Lester which has left him short. 

As for Dexter ..without being unkind i just can not see what he adds to our best 23 -25 players
 No size , no pace....we need quality.  Lancaster / Shackley or Harrison in the accademy have more potential.