HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Is any one else concerned?

Guest · 7 · 821

ANZAC

on: 11 Sep 2007, 10:14:17 pm
Nearly everytema and certainly are main rivals are announcing signings for next year.  only Cas and Widnes are silent for understandable reasons they don;t know which league they will be in.

On one level I understand the Bod not wishing to make any announcments until this year is over but I am becoming a little woried that next years efforts will be effected by a lack of planning.  We don't know who are coach is going to be, We only know of players leaving or retiring, not one mention of anyone joining.

Assuming the coach dosent know his position, then who is the person with "Rugby League knowledge " planning for next season.  Getting a new coach will take a couple of months let alone then trying to organise signings.

I think the BOD at least need to let the fans know their intnetions for next year.  Even a statement that they have signed several players and an announcment of who will be made after the playoffs would be sufficient.

I increasingly get the feeling things are slipping at the club.  There is a knagging feeling of a lack of leadership creeping in over the last 12 months.   

Offline Blackie

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2007, 10:18:16 pm
It does appear a big problem. We has had that problem last year when we signed inferior players late due to other quality players being snapped up earlier. Seemed to me that the history is repeating itself?

popularsider

Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2007, 10:38:17 pm
how do you know the bod havent already made their choice who the coach wil be next season contacted him asked him to scour the free agents list asked who he wants then the bod offerd them a deal?

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2007, 01:09:15 am
how do you know the bod havent already made their choice who the coach wil be next season contacted him asked him to scour the free agents list asked who he wants then the bod offerd them a deal?

at this moment in time........ we don't, so naturally most people are indeed concerned as ANZAC has pointed out,

until such time as official announcements are made people, including yourself, are going to listen to or maybe even start rumours, and voice concerns

there is no way possible of preventing this from happening

i guess we just have to hang in there and hope that the board make the most important decision of the last 2 years or so sooner rather than later, and of course, make the RIGHT decision!!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 12 Sep 2007, 10:09:48 am
only the bod know whats happening or going ,Hopefully!!!
lets hope they have the right answer, This is going to be a big call for the bod fingers crossed.

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 12 Sep 2007, 04:04:45 pm
only the bod know whats happening or going ,Hopefully!!!
lets hope they have the right answer, This is going to be a big call for the bod fingers crossed.

Talking  to  someone  today  who'e  extremely  knowledgable  in  whats  going  on  behind  the  scene's  and  it  appears  if  true  the  BOD  are split  over  DR.  Some  want  shot  of  him  others  want  him  to  stay.  If  that  is  the  case  I  can  see  big  storm  clouds  ahead :o

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 12 Sep 2007, 04:23:38 pm
Its going to be a case of let him prove his sell over the play offs which in my eyes is stupid they should know if they want shot by the seasons  games.