HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Next Season

Offline RegDunnsFlatTop

• First Team Backup
on: 11 Sep 2007, 05:00:47 pm
Will Rotherham still be at the helm next year? I very much doubt it as I'm sure some announcement would have been made leading into the playoffs if the board had confidence in him for another year.

On the playing side of things i expect Maden, Jackson and Duffy to leave at the end of the season, all to our so called rivals in NL1. Along with the retirement of the 'old guard' and the return of Trindall to his native Australia i expect our squad to be pretty thin on the ground. With this being the case and Rotherhams imminent departure to pastures new a replacement in the coaching department must be named as son as our season ends (a defeat to Leigh on Thursday may be a blessing in disguise as it would give us more time to rebuild for next year).

There are plenty of players even in NL2 that would perform week in, week out to a considerably better standard than that which we have been made to endure this season. With the rumored arrival of a new half back from Oz i would like to see the following players approached for next season.

Liam Finch - Better than Rudd or Joe
Liam Harrison - Will play SL sooner rather than later
Matt Gardner - Not getting into the Hudds first team every week but would be hard to convince to move back north.
Byron Ford - Set NL1 alight in KR's promotion season, now confusingly on loan  at Oldham who supposedly have no money!
Gareth Morton -  A solid player who kicks goals for fun, something that Haven really struggle with.
Ned Catic - If Dewsbury can afford to offer him a contract then why cant we?
Andy Gorski - Another one who could be enticed up to the Recre but is he still at Rochdale?

And lastly going out on a limb, how about Robbie Paul as player coach? Morgan proved that young coaches can be successful so although it would be a gamble why not him?

Hull KR proved in 06 that that promotion can be gained by gathering the best talent in the National Leagues the majority without any massive SL experience, the only problem we have is attracting them to our outpost of Rugby League.

Offline forty twenty

• First Team Backup
Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2007, 05:08:25 pm
i heard from a player today that dr will only get a contract if we do well in play offs . so imo he be gone soon.

Offline leytherjay

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 11 Sep 2007, 05:26:20 pm
has duffy asked for a release from his contract, I got told on sunday that he`s signing for us with maden?

popularsider

Reply #3 on: 11 Sep 2007, 08:33:34 pm
according to the paper up here mate

darren shaw has said steve maden wont be a leigh player next season  ???

players id like to see

beech from barrow
harrison from barrow
ste bannister (on loan)
aussie stand off
edmundson (kiwi prop)
robbie paul (player coach would fill in well at 7 should duffy go)

oh and regduns flattop
rob jackson is here next season

Offline hensingham boy

• First Team Backup
  • win or lose on the booze
Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2007, 08:57:22 pm
Will Rotherham still be at the helm next year? I very much doubt it as I'm sure some announcement would have been made leading into the playoffs if the board had confidence in him for another year.

On the playing side of things i expect Maden, Jackson and Duffy to leave at the end of the season, all to our so called rivals in NL1. Along with the retirement of the 'old guard' and the return of Trindall to his native Australia i expect our squad to be pretty thin on the ground. With this being the case and Rotherhams imminent departure to pastures new a replacement in the coaching department must be named as son as our season ends (a defeat to Leigh on Thursday may be a blessing in disguise as it would give us more time to rebuild for next year).

There are plenty of players even in NL2 that would perform week in, week out to a considerably better standard than that which we have been made to endure this season. With the rumored arrival of a new half back from Oz i would like to see the following players approached for next season.

Liam Finch - Better than Rudd or Joe
Liam Harrison - Will play SL sooner rather than later
Matt Gardner - Not getting into the Hudds first team every week but would be hard to convince to move back north.
Byron Ford - Set NL1 alight in KR's promotion season, now confusingly on loan  at Oldham who supposedly have no money!
Gareth Morton -  A solid player who kicks goals for fun, something that Haven really struggle with.
Ned Catic - If Dewsbury can afford to offer him a contract then why cant we?
Andy Gorski - Another one who could be enticed up to the Recre but is he still at Rochdale?

And lastly going out on a limb, how about Robbie Paul as player coach? Morgan proved that young coaches can be successful so although it would be a gamble why not him?

Hull KR proved in 06 that that promotion can be gained by gathering the best talent in the National Leagues the majority without any massive SL experience, the only problem we have is attracting them to our outpost of Rugby League.

sure i heard morton was going to play kick and clap(rugby union) next year?