HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

Sheffield Eagles

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
on: 25 Aug 2007, 01:47:48 pm
Looks  like  the  Eagles  could  have  a  big  say  in  who  finishes  3rd. 

Just  had  a  look  at  the  last  2  rounds  of  fixtures  and  I  see  they  play  Fax  at  home  next  Friday.  Lets  hope  they  can  do  us  a  favour  as  Fax's  last  game  is  a  home  banker  against  Donny.  If  Fax  see  off  Sheffield  and  Widnes  beat  us  then  we  may  have  to  go  to  South  Yorkshire  on  a  friday  night  to  defo  win  to  hold  on  to  3rd.

Just  to  add  a  bit  of  spice  to  it  all  the  Eagles  are  just  1  point  off  the  playoffs  behind  Dewsbury  so  they  still  have  something  to  go  for. ;)

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #1 on: 25 Aug 2007, 04:15:31 pm
we have 2 tough games left, 3rd is going to be difficult to cement, however finishing 4th is not an option!

windows may perhaps rest a few, knowing it is unlikely they can overtake cattleprod, but knowing steve mac he wont be giving up so may well send a full strength team up

a trip to the beagles on friday night is not an easy way to end the season, though i've said since day 1 they should not be allowed to play at home on friday nights in our league, its ok for teams from lanarkshire and hovis shire who only have maybe 1 hr travelling at most but for haven u r looking at 4 1/2 hrs for the players,

its going to be an exciting end to the season!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #2 on: 25 Aug 2007, 04:48:37 pm
I  agree  Puppetmaster.  Infact  last  round  of  games  should  be  played  at  the  same  time  just  like  they  do  in  the  last  weekend  of  the  footy  season.

It  could  give  sides  a  slight  unfair  advantage  going  into  the  last  game :(

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2007, 04:10:49 pm
we have 2 tough games left, 3rd is going to be difficult to cement, however finishing 4th is not an option!

windows may perhaps rest a few, knowing it is unlikely they can overtake cattleprod, but knowing steve mac he wont be giving up so may well send a full strength team up

a trip to the beagles on friday night is not an easy way to end the season, though i've said since day 1 they should not be allowed to play at home on friday nights in our league, its ok for teams from lanarkshire and hovis shire who only have maybe 1 hr travelling at most but for haven u r looking at 4 1/2 hrs for the players,

mac your terms for our beloved RL friends just get better and better
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #4 on: 27 Aug 2007, 08:29:41 pm

mac your terms for our beloved RL friends just get better and better

well, you know me alan!!
always trying to brighten things up with a bit of friendly humour aimed at those less fortunate than ourselves in cumbria!! ;)
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 31 Aug 2007, 11:34:41 pm
Was hoping Sheffield might do us  a favour tonight but it wasn't to be.  In  the  end  Fax  won  24-16  which  puts  them  a  point  behind  us  although  we  have  a  game  in  hand.  If  we  lose  on  Sunday  we  must  beat  Sheffield  next  friday  to  keep  3rd  spot  as  I  can't  see  Fax  losing  at  home  to  Donny

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #6 on: 16 Sep 2007, 10:52:22 am
Goodluck  today.  They'll do  us   a  massive  favour  if  they  can  pull  off  a  shock.