HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

club in turmoil

Offline brett kinghams mullet

• Haven Legend
on: 12 Sep 2007, 04:54:57 pm
rumours rumours and more rumours on site, looks like we are on the slippery slope
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #1 on: 12 Sep 2007, 05:23:39 pm
rumours rumours and more rumours on site, looks like we are on the slippery slope

Couldn't agree more.
If it is all rubbish why can't a club spokesman put our minds at rest.
We the fans bankroll the club but we are the last to know anything, Are the b.o.d. going to let us know what is going on sooner rather than later or are they going to keep us in the dark and lose our support.

I was not going to go on thurday as i am so disillusioned with the club But i will be there mainly to thank David Seeds for his service as this could be his last home game ever.

Offline Fomerly of Northumbria Uni Haven

• Academy Star
Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2007, 05:40:22 pm
I must admit I've seen worse examples of "turmoil" than this

I'm sure Worky would love to have the problems we have

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #3 on: 12 Sep 2007, 05:58:12 pm
I must admit I've seen worse examples of "turmoil" than this

I'm sure Worky would love to have the problems we have

Worky started with the problems we had and look where they are now

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2007, 10:55:19 am
You reached that conclusion based solely on the fact that there's a load of unsubstantiated rumours circulating on an unofficial message board?  Maybe best you give yourself a break from this if you can't take things for what they are.

• Haven Legend
Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2007, 04:44:20 pm
no i reached that conclusion on

some of our BOD feel that lavu is the kind of player to take us forward

the fact that the coaching issue has been allowed to drag on and on and not sorting it either way stops us from preparing properly for next season

that we are on the verge of loosing 8/9 first team regulars and seem to be intent on replacing them with un proven players

add to this the rumours of a big split in the BOD, people not getting paid, and others wanting to take over who seem to have money and vision but the likley hood of them being alowed to is nil

then thats why i think we are on a slippery slope

so remember  mid season next year when were 6/7 in the league and crowds of 1200 read this again

« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2007, 05:19:25 pm by brett kinghams mullet »
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline rdc

• Academy Star
Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2007, 05:15:39 pm
point for point:
some of out BOD fell that lavu is the kind of player to take us forward
"The kind of player to take us forward" - you're being dramatic.  Lavulavu is simply a player who "some of our BOD" may or may not be considering as an addition to our squad for next season, depending on whether we believe the rumours.

the fact that the coaching issue has been allowed to drag on and on and not sorting it either way stops us from preparing properly for next season
I think the board will have made up their mind, and I expect we won't be seeing DR as coach next season.  If the BOD were to come out and say this right now, the likely consequence would be that DR is undermined in his position as head coach and this would affect our progression in this season's play-offs.

Some might say "forget the play-offs" and "concentrate on/build for next season", but we still need to maintain our "best semi-pro club in Britain" status by beating Leigh and Halifax, and money still needs to be made from gate receipts in the latter stages of the play-offs.

that we are on the verge of loosing 8/9 first team regulars and seem to be intent on replacing them with un proven players
As far as I'm aware we're only losing Steve Trindall, Steve Maden, Aaron Smith, David Seeds and the fan favourite Simon Baldwin, which by no stretch constitutes "8 or 9 first team regulars".  I'm also sure that the board are intending to replace most of these players with credible additions to the squad, but can't make known who those additions are for reasons Des Byrne has already stated elsewhere on this board.

add to this the rumours of a big split in the BOD, people not getting paid, and others wanting to take over who seem to have money and vision but the likley hood of them being alowed to is nil
"rumours"

so remember  mid season next year when were 6/7 in the league and crowds of 1200 read this again
I don't believe things will get that bad.  I don't think we'll be competing in the top 2 next year but we'll still be well within play-off range.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2007, 05:21:54 pm
We maybe in next years playoffs only if we get some good players to add to our squad lets hope we get a few more like Fletcher.

• Haven Legend
Reply #8 on: 13 Sep 2007, 05:22:00 pm
just like the rumours we were signing , duffy, baldwin

if half of what is going round is true then we as fans are in for a rough ride next season

i hope im wrong
THE MULLET IS BACK

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #9 on: 13 Sep 2007, 07:25:19 pm

I don't believe things will get that bad.  I don't think we'll be competing in the top 2 next year but we'll still be well within play-off range.
[/quote]

next season we will be competing against:

salford
widnes/castleford
leigh
halifax

all of whom will be full time or retaining a core of full time players, that will mean most likely 5th will be our achievable target, based on most fans belief that its ok no to be able to beat cas/widnes this season because they are full time

i honestly dont see us being any higher than 5th unless we STRENGTHEN the squad, and not just DEEPEN it with players who quite frankly are sub-standard for both NL1 and for us.
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Offline shavenhaven

• Academy Star
Reply #10 on: 13 Sep 2007, 10:51:10 pm
We maybe in next years playoffs only if we get some good players to add to our squad lets hope we get a few more like Fletcher.

Spoke to Fletch after the game and he really wants to stay next season.
He has gave our board a quote of what he wants and believe me its ot asking the earth.
Lets see how much our board rate our player of the season.

popularsider

Reply #11 on: 13 Sep 2007, 11:44:14 pm
fletch is staying

Online WHITEHAVEN RLFC 4 EVA

• Haven Legend
Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2007, 12:46:58 am
fletch has defo been my player of the year hes sl class and has took teams appart this year good on ya fletch marra

• Haven Legend
Reply #13 on: 14 Sep 2007, 11:39:21 am
fletch is staying

i think you could be in for a shock, coxy asked des about "CERTAIN" players leaving because of DR going,duffy and fletch will be going so inform your source to have a SEAT for a while and wait and see what happens
THE MULLET IS BACK

popularsider

Reply #14 on: 14 Sep 2007, 12:05:49 pm
my source was fletch himself  ::) so unless the lad is lying i think you will find him staying

duffy
mado
sid
az smith
bull
seeds

are leaving the club rob jackson says he will be here next season as did FLETCH