HavenFans.co.uk - The Unofficial Whitehaven RLFC Forum

haven - leigh.... the reactions

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
on: 13 Sep 2007, 09:28:07 pm
well done lad, have no idea how good or bad the match was, as i'm stuck at work, but at this time of the season its now all about the results,and tonights is the perfect result!

what was the attendence tonight?

where did we score our tries?

were they all difficult kicks or could carl rudd have done better?

can we afford to keep missing the kicks?

i await match reports!!

once again well done, and heres hoping for a favour off sheffield on sunday!
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense
And just cause you don't like it, don't mean it ain't no good

Monte2carlo

Reply #1 on: 13 Sep 2007, 09:34:40 pm
Same here,

Had an operation on my back today so i could only watch the match on SKY, we played ok apart from Elma (WTF did we sign him for)

Monte

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #2 on: 13 Sep 2007, 09:41:15 pm
The attendance was 1763 and there must have been a good 200 - 250 of them kids with free entry!!!!

I've never seen the grandstand looking so empty and the Kells end was only half full!!!

Thought Leigh were very poor as an attacking force.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Monte2carlo

Reply #3 on: 13 Sep 2007, 09:48:35 pm
The attendance was 1763 and there must have been a good 200 - 250 of them kids with free entry!!!!

I've never seen the grandstand looking so empty and the Kells end was only half full!!!

Thought Leigh were very poor as an attacking force.

Hmm Keith, so any posatives in there about Haven

Monte

ANZAC

Reply #4 on: 13 Sep 2007, 10:10:04 pm
I thought we did ok.  We defended well and must take some credit for Leighs poor attack

Plus was Fletcher played well as did Rudd Sice Mattinson and our backsSeeds Maiden Jackson.

we badly miss Duffy and we are a much better attacking team with him.  Would be great if hes back for next week?

Trindall will probably cop a ban which is a shame becasue he aint a dirty player.  We struggle in the front row as it is without losing him.

On balance i think we could struggle at fax.  The have more in the forwards than us and without Duffy and probably Trindall I think it will be a bridge to far.

On a final note Scott mcavoy has been very very quiet.  Dose'nt look like make a break or busting a tackle in the last two games.

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2007, 10:17:21 pm
what did bull do to be deserving a ban?

havent seen game or a report so don't know what he did
the reverand, big mac

Just cause you don't understand what's going on don't mean it don't make no sense

Offline haven lad 06

• First Team Regular
Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2007, 10:20:28 pm
a very bad high tackle no malice or intent in it but it was a bad one he was just trying to get back as leigh were on a roll in attack and got the tackle wrong
haven till i die

Offline puppetmaster

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #7 on: 13 Sep 2007, 10:30:04 pm
was he put on report or sent off?

you can guarantee he will get banned and if we appeal it will probably get doubled,
the reverand, big mac

popularsider

Reply #8 on: 13 Sep 2007, 10:40:59 pm
scott mcavoy stil isnt match fit or 100% fit himself thats why he is quiet

Offline Full80mins

• Academy Star
Reply #9 on: 13 Sep 2007, 11:01:07 pm
How did the officials manage to miss rivett smacking calvert three times?

??? ??? ???

Offline Keith

• Fans Favourite
Reply #10 on: 13 Sep 2007, 11:32:51 pm

Monte

Hmm, what do you want me to say Monte???   Haven were brilliant, okay.    ;) ;)

I think you got a very fortunate try at a very crucial time and that sickened Leigh a bit and they conceeded another before half-time which was the killer.    Some Haven players did okay, Rudd, M Jackson, & Fats, but on the whole it was still basically five drives and a kick against a very poor Leigh side who couldn't hang on to the ball if their lives depended on it.
Keith - Haven Legend previously a former Haven Immortal!!!

Offline whitehavenRLforever

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #11 on: 14 Sep 2007, 07:11:16 am
Defensively  we  were  very  good.  Leigh  had  very  few  scoring  chances  and  to  conceed  just  1  try ( and a dubious 1 at that )  says it all.

In  attack  we  were  poor  and  thats  were  we  miss  the  likes  of  Duffy.  We  battered  their  line  time  and  time  again  and  just  couldn't  force  are  way  over.

Rudd  had  a  fine  game  as  did  Rob  Jackson  who  looked  lively  throughout.  Forwards  were  superb  except  you  know  who.

Offline Maca

• Top Try Scorer
Reply #12 on: 14 Sep 2007, 08:32:04 am
Matty had a good game too, i think calv could have done with a few kicks he was open on that side a few times it would have been a walk in the park.
Anyway well done lads

Offline Jaypeet

• Academy Star
Reply #13 on: 14 Sep 2007, 08:41:53 am
My thoughts - enjoyed the game, absolutely disgusted with the size of the crowd!
God this is a long tunnel...........and its getting longer by the minute!

Monte2carlo

Reply #14 on: 14 Sep 2007, 10:49:13 am

Monte

Hmm, what do you want me to say Monte???   Haven were brilliant, okay.    ;) ;)

I think you got a very fortunate try at a very crucial time and that sickened Leigh a bit and they conceeded another before half-time which was the killer.    Some Haven players did okay, Rudd, M Jackson, & Fats, but on the whole it was still basically five drives and a kick against a very poor Leigh side who couldn't hang on to the ball if their lives depended on it.

Keith,

Cheers for that, good luck against York this weekend

Monte